Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 10:32 AM

566 posts, read 592,259 times

Advertisements

This guy is kinda rude, don't you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2015, 10:35 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,557,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryswan View Post
This guy is kinda rude, don't you think?
There are many rude people on City-Data. But rude is subjective. I got in trouble for correcting people's spelling. I don't think that's rude, I think it's defending my belief that words should be spelled right.

Different personalities on here is par for the course, and part of the whole experience.

Old 07-10-2015, 11:54 AM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
There are many rude people on City-Data. But rude is subjective. I got in trouble for correcting people's spelling. I don't think that's rude, I think it's defending my belief that words should be spelled right.

Different personalities on here is par for the course, and part of the whole experience.
Hahaha, we are twins in that regard. I stopped correcting people's spelling for the most part (guilty of doing it on another thread about ten minutes ago, lol) because people just don't care the way we do, so it's considered bad form. But go to the Writing forum if you get frustrated. We have a long-running thread called "I can't take it anymore" where you can vent.

This seems off-topic, so what do you guys think about fat people who won't spell correctly?

Old 07-10-2015, 11:54 AM

2,645 posts, read 3,328,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tht1guy View Post
I'm a firm believer in healthy debate. We need to let people know how think why we think and where it all comes from. ( for the educated people)
I have no idea what this statement means. I must not be one of the educated people this is for.

Old 07-10-2015, 11:59 AM

774 posts, read 744,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tht1guy View Post
Society makes it ok in my opinion. Nobody want to tell people to loose weight but they'll tell them that their beautiful and they should never be ashamed? I SAY its a serious health issue. They should be concerned
I'm not sure what your point is here. If by "ok" you mean healthy then I would say that most people don't think it's "ok" to be fat nor do those who are fat think it's "ok". Society is trying to be supportive and positive people instead of being judgemental toolbags. The key word in your last sentence is THEY, not me or you.

Old 07-10-2015, 12:03 PM

566 posts, read 592,259 times
Well gawly gee thtguy must thank weez purty dumb fat gurls.

Old 07-10-2015, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryswan View Post
well gawly gee thtguy must thank weez purty dumb fat gurls.
rofl

Old 07-10-2015, 12:07 PM

Look, they're playing our song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D99n9f3vU4

Old 07-10-2015, 12:09 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,678,870 times
Of course it is not "OK to be fat". Nobody willing chooses to be fat. But most of America is wallowing in excess portion size, cheap fast food, lack of nutrition information, and a variety of other woes. Health issues...Diabetes 1 & 2, no encouragement of our youth to exercise and get off of the sofa. Too much television and gamer time. Lack of education on what constitutes healthful eating habits and exercise.
The over eagerness of state and local governments to restrict our childrens access to playgrounds.

We as adults...have to self monitor our calorie intake and willingly increase our exercise.

Our children count on us to feed them healthy foods and teach them to be healthy. If we don't...nobody else can do it.

Old 07-10-2015, 12:11 PM

2,645 posts, read 3,328,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
The problem is, of course,that widespread chronic obesity in America is hugely impacting the healthcare system,driving up costs for everyone including the average-sized minority.
Correction: A lack of healthy lifestyle is driving up costs for everyone. Not all those unhealthy people are obese. Lots and lots and lots of people have cholesterol through the roof and heart disease. I can name four men I know personally who have chronic heart disease (two of them had open heart surgery), and cholesterol high enough to require medication. None of them were overweight. One of them is a marathon runner.

So lets stop using healthcare costs as an excuse to bully fat people. The bottom line is, you can't look at a person and assume because they're 30 lbs overweight, they are any less healthy than you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss