Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 03:31 PM

1,195 posts, read 985,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame22 View Post
Ehh, not really, you can build muscle and lose fat at the same time. Fat people don't have a bunch of stored protein, fat people are...fat..not muscular. People shouldn't shy away from carbs, but telling them they should eat low fat and low protein is some of the worst advice you can give, in my opinion. The focus should be on nutrition not carbs, fats & protein.

Carbs are helpful for exercise, but they are not essential. High quality nutrition is essential..macro nutrient breakdown isn't as important
I thought about doing both at the same time but that would have required more exercise than I can do right now, plus reaching a low weight is part of my bigger plan. I purposely avoid weights right now. I want to develop speed first.

Many fat people do have muscle. They also have protein in extra skin that needs to go as they lose weight. Anyone losing weight will probably lose muscle but muscle can be regained. Nutrition is a given and rice has its share of nutrition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2017, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Losing a lot of weight in a short periods of time shouldn't be your goal for overall health or wellness. I lost a lot of weight quickly when I had norovirus, but I wouldn't recommended as a lifestyle.
Well you're comparing controlled weight loss to a disease. Some people want to lose it quickly.

Old 09-30-2017, 03:34 PM

130,150 posts, read 12,088,000 times
If you eat nothing but rice, I think that is very unhealthy, & not tempting at all.

Old 09-30-2017, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
If you eat nothing but rice, I think that is very unhealthy, & not tempting at all.
It's mostly rice but not only rice.

Old 09-30-2017, 03:48 PM

587 posts, read 304,782 times
carbs are just sugar and not required by the human body
But yes it is interesting and thanks for sharing because it may benefit someone who has heart disease
My diet largely consists of wild caught fatty fish and liquified organic greens via a vitamix and citrus fruits..

Old 09-30-2017, 05:01 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,345,683 times
It's called the 'Foreign Aid Diet'.

Old 09-30-2017, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vette0009 View Post
carbs are just sugar and not required by the human body
But yes it is interesting and thanks for sharing because it may benefit someone who has heart disease
My diet largely consists of wild caught fatty fish and liquified organic greens via a vitamix and citrus fruits..
I'm sure the greens liquified have carb. I read that without carbs protein will become glucose for energy.

I vaguely remember reading years ago that certian blood types demand more carb than others. I'm B+, or the B that makes up more of the world. I think O and A need more meat while B+ needs more of a vegetarian diet, which is more carb.

Old 09-30-2017, 06:15 PM

1,885 posts, read 1,001,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kynight View Post
I'm sure the greens liquified have carb. I read that without carbs protein will become glucose for energy.
Only if your body absolutely needs to make glucose from protein. It will first make glucose from fat (the glycerol part). Also, if you are carb-restricted, your glucose needs will go down thanks to your ketogenic state.

Greens don't have many carbs at all. And while they do, it's not always in the form of starch or glucose, mostly fibrous.

Old 09-30-2017, 06:18 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,816,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kynight View Post
Well you're comparing controlled weight loss to a disease. Some people want to lose it quickly.
Lets be honest, everyone wants to lose weight quickly. It doesn't go on quickly though, therefore it should not come off quickly, that is if you want to maintain that loss. Quick weight loss can be a boost for some to continue to lose weight, but most people gain the weight right back and often gain more weight back. Fast weight loss is not the smart way to lose weight.

Old 09-30-2017, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haksel257 View Post
Only if your body absolutely needs to make glucose from protein. It will first make glucose from fat (the glycerol part). Also, if you are carb-restricted, your glucose needs will go down thanks to your ketogenic state.

Greens don't have many carbs at all. And while they do, it's not always in the form of starch or glucose, mostly fibrous.
I see, well that's good if glucose comes from fat before protein.

I don't think I ever want to be in the ketogenic state for long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss