Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 09:43 PM

13,447 posts, read 15,470,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Sounds awful, like how I previously ate. High carbs will ruin your body over time. You actually can get by without them for the most part, but can't do without fats and proteins.

Even the "proteins" of this diet are just more carbs and sugars: rice, fruits (sugars), duck sauce (sugars). That's insanity.

Real proteins are basically two types: concentrated (meats, eggs, milk, cheese) and light (nuts, beans).

What's the professor's name? Dr. Bozo?

You can of course try the diet, but your body will ultimately not run well on it. You'd be starving it of much of what it needs.
anything that skews in one direction or the other isn't good as far as I'm concerned. my body is at its best when there's a balance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2017, 09:33 AM

745 posts, read 1,324,285 times
Default The Rice Diet ~ Walter Kempner

Walter Kempner was born in 1903, founded the Rice Diet in 1939, and passed in 1997 at age 94. His Rice Diet became the cure for many different conditions and diseases, was continued at Duke University by Robert and Kitty Roseti for more than 72 years, and was then discontinued.

The Rice Diet consisted of whole grains and fruit, and did NOT use processed food or sugar, contrary to some spurious reports published by others, perhaps to promote their own programs. This is backed up by the book "The Rice Diet Report" 1986 by Judy Moscovitz who was one of his patients, and an interview with Robert Roseti, an assistant who took over his program.

Last edited by jlvs2run; 10-10-2017 at 09:41 AM..

Old 10-10-2017, 10:42 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,470,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlvs2run View Post
Walter Kempner was born in 1903, founded the Rice Diet in 1939, and passed in 1997 at age 94. His Rice Diet became the cure for many different conditions and diseases, was continued at Duke University by Robert and Kitty Roseti for more than 72 years, and was then discontinued.

The Rice Diet consisted of whole grains and fruit, and did NOT use processed food or sugar, contrary to some spurious reports published by others, perhaps to promote their own programs. This is backed up by the book "The Rice Diet Report" 1986 by Judy Moscovitz who was one of his patients, and an interview with Robert Roseti, an assistant who took over his program.
So I assume his Rice diet consisted of Brown Rice? White rice is very processed and is not whole grain.

Old 10-10-2017, 11:07 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
So I assume his Rice diet consisted of Brown Rice? White rice is very processed and is not whole grain.
That's what I was thinking... in addition to I would imagine there are other grains which are better.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-13-2017, 03:15 PM

745 posts, read 1,324,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
White rice. Brown rice is way too hard to digest.

Old 10-13-2017, 05:33 PM

4,640 posts, read 11,932,465 times
Quote:

This is what I thought the OP was referring to. Rosati's the Rice Diet Solution explains the diet. Also, Kempner influenced Pritkin and Ornish.

When you're on phase one, you're only eating about 800 calories a day. Eventually you go up to 1000 calories until you reach goal. You're mostly eating fruits, veggies, and grains. Eventually you do add fish and lean meats.

Old 11-07-2017, 07:40 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,475,281 times
If you are only eating 1000 calories you will lose weight no matter what you eat whether it be rice or apples.

Old 11-11-2017, 06:57 AM

3 posts, read 2,348 times
True, and that is bad.
Its not what you eat, its how much you eat. There is no magical food to lose weight, there is only caloric deficit, and choosing which food is only a tool to get there.

Old 11-13-2017, 09:21 AM

88,525 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Quote:
White rice. Brown rice is way too hard to digest.
Curious as to what that means, exactly. How do you determine something is "too hard to digest"?

Old 11-13-2017, 10:18 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,470,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Curious as to what that means, exactly. How do you determine something is "too hard to digest"?
Yeah, I guess that's why we "cook" certain things, so that we can more easily digest them. Brown rice does take longer than white rice to cook. I've never heard of it being harder to digest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss