Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2019, 10:55 AM

1,567 posts, read 1,184,722 times

Advertisements

Eaton- Good thing you had a pop tart on hand for emergencies like that. Be careful. Keep a close eye on your insulin.

Brava- When I get super hungry during a long fast my main way to get through it is to stay busy and distract myself. I'll go for a walk, run to the store, take a bath, drive around the neighborhood, etc. I usually find after 30 minutes the intense hunger goes away and I'm okay again. Also drink water to kind of fool your body, it's not food, but sometimes enough water will satiate me.

Yesterday was a 24 hour fast. I was pretty hungry off and on for some reason, I normally don't have that issue. Today will just be a normal 18 hour fast. Tomorrow night I have an FFA dinner thing to go to so I'll probably fast until dinner. It's supposed to be lots of pasta, bread sticks, and cheesecake for dessert. So carbs galore! I feel like it will need to be an OMAD day yet again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2019, 01:45 PM

1,412 posts, read 1,014,869 times
18 hour fast yesterday. 18/6 seems to be my normal now. I like it!

Still a bit sick, and on medication. A friend challenged me to do 100 pull ups a day for the month of May (resistance bands allowed, thank goodness). I did fifty and think that might be good enough. Maybe I'll even try again tomorrow!

Old 05-01-2019, 05:00 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,247,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Chickens View Post
Eaton- Good thing you had a pop tart on hand for emergencies like that. Be careful. Keep a close eye on your insulin.
I think a Pop Tart will last 20 years if you don't open the package.
They're just the thing to have around for quick energy when the Zombie Apocalypse comes.
That's why I always have some on hand... they're probably not gonna go bad even if there's long time between episodes.

Old 05-02-2019, 04:03 AM

18 hour fast again yesterday. Still fighting this darn cold. grr!

I heart poptarts! I miss them.... (no added or fake sugars for me, turns out they make me wonky)

Old 05-02-2019, 03:34 PM

I don't crave Pop tarts, I'm a donut kind of gal. Back in my hometown there's this place that does these peanut butter bliss donuts and they are a little bit of heaven on Earth. Lucky for me they are 1,000+ miles away and I only get them once or twice a year.

I did a 17 hour fast yesterday. Today I'm just about finished with another 24 hour fast. They decided that the FFA students needed to bring something for the dinner tonight and my daughter signed me up for making a dessert. I made fudgy chocolate chip toffee bars. The willpower is takes to make these, cut them, crumbs of toffee and chocolate falling into the pan, and then placing them on the platter, super human willpower right there. I didn't even take a nibble, but boy is that bar going to taste ahhhmazing tonight!!! 🤤

Normal day of eating tomorrow probably a 18:6. Then another OMAD for Saturday. It's hubby and my nineteen year anniversary and we're going out to eat to celebrate. Yay!!

Old 05-02-2019, 03:56 PM

I haven't had a donut since ???... not even the plain cake version.

I'm going into a fast until sometime on Saturday.
I somehow managed not to lose any weight last week. I don't think it's a coincidence that I didn't eat any Cheap Chicken.
This week I'm back at it, which is fine with me because I like Cheap Chicken.

I'm only 1.8 lbs above my record low going in, so I see that record falling. It might even happen before Saturday.
This is uncharted territory. I haven't weighed 170-something in 40 years.

I told the wife that I was thinking about taking a free day on Saturday if I got stuck for 2 weeks, but that may get cancelled.
That just means getting I'm having crustless pizza and she can have regular pizza.

Old 05-03-2019, 03:39 AM

18 hour fast yesterday. Tried a new protein bar and really liked it, so I'm adding it to the shopping list! Yummy!

Happy Anniversary C4C - enjoy! And good luck Eaton, we're rooting for you!

Game night tonight, and I'm still sick. Not sure how this is going to play out....

Old 05-03-2019, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy_C View Post
18 hour fast yesterday. Tried a new protein bar and really liked it, so I'm adding it to the shopping list! Yummy!

Happy Anniversary C4C - enjoy! And good luck Eaton, we're rooting for you!

Game night tonight, and I'm still sick. Not sure how this is going to play out....
Thanks Lucy!
Unofficial record low this morning. It's definitely going down, the only question is how much.

Old 05-03-2019, 05:30 PM

Thanks Lucy!! 😊

Congrats on the new low Eaton!

Last night ended up being almost 25 hours of fasting. The dinner was delayed by almost 30 minutes. Thankfully it was really good and worth the weight. It was carb heavy so I wasn't sure if I'd be up this morning. Thankfully I was actually down 0.2, so it didn't hurt me! Woo hoo!

Today has been mellow, the kids don't have school today so we've just been relaxing. I planted some snapdragons.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Old 05-04-2019, 03:52 AM

18 hour fast yesterday. Game night was good - the kids asked me to bring Chick-fil-A so that was delicious (of course)!

Feeling much better with this stupid head cold. Resting up this weekend and hoping to get back to real life soon because we have FANTASTIC Mother's Day Weekend plans!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss