Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2019, 03:59 AM

1,412 posts, read 1,016,445 times

Advertisements

OMGosh, not licking the spoon while fasting was a huge adjustment for me - I'm pretty sure I did it the first few months without even realizing it! Such a subconscious habit.

Congrats Eaton - hope the wife enjoys her new car! Those new Cadillacs and really nice vehicles!

18 hour fast yesterday. Enjoyed game night last night, and managed to stop eating at 7. It was a good day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2019, 09:52 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,257,894 times
Thanks Lucy and C4C! I drove it home, it's very nice.

Good job by all of you, too.

The beers did not matter... another new record 182.7 lbs.
On track to get into the 170's by the end of the month.

Old 04-06-2019, 02:39 PM

4,927 posts, read 2,908,995 times
Just broke a 30-hour fast (nothing since yesterday morning), since I had to teach all day both days. And fasting again until Monday morning, which would be really pretty long, 40 hrs. Too many rehearsals and performances to do anything else. It's a weird feeling, sitting in an orchestra, running on your stored fat rather than undigested meals. Very spacy but I like the feeling.

Nice Caddy, Eaton. I only buy the old ones.

Old 04-06-2019, 04:46 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,371,533 times
18:6 every day.

Old 04-06-2019, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
Just broke a 30-hour fast (nothing since yesterday morning), since I had to teach all day both days. And fasting again until Monday morning, which would be really pretty long, 40 hrs. Too many rehearsals and performances to do anything else. It's a weird feeling, sitting in an orchestra, running on your stored fat rather than undigested meals. Very spacy but I like the feeling.
I'm thinking about doing that because I've got 4-day weekends every other week starting Easter weekend.
Eat Thursday PM, fast Friday, eat Saturday PM, fast Sunday, eat Monday PM.

Quote:
Nice Caddy, Eaton. I only buy the old ones.
It's old... almost 4 years old.

Old 04-06-2019, 05:20 PM

4,927 posts, read 2,908,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
I'm thinking about doing that because I've got 4-day weekends every other week starting Easter weekend.
Eat Thursday PM, fast Friday, eat Saturday PM, fast Sunday, eat Monday PM.

It's old... almost 4 years old.
No, I buy the really old ones, the ones that you don't need a degree in engineering to operate.

Old 04-07-2019, 02:55 AM

1,412 posts, read 1,016,445 times
That Caddy is SO pretty! The husband and I really love the newer models. They look so snazzy these days!

17 1/2 hour fast yesterday. I didn't make it to 18 hours - turns out it's really hard to sit in a movie theater and smell all that yummy, yummy popcorn and not eat!

Probably only a 17 hour fast today, I have lunch plans with the kids.

Old 04-07-2019, 05:31 AM

I was moving stuff between cars and cleaning them up yesterday, so no eating.
Then I found one of my crustless pizzas in the freezer that I forgot about. An unexpected treat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy_C View Post
That Caddy is SO pretty! The husband and I really love the newer models. They look so snazzy these days!
Especially in that color and the top Platinum trim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
No, I buy the really old ones, the ones that you don't need a degree in engineering to operate.
I've had 'em... two different '90's Sevilles, an SLS and an STS. Very nice cars.
But the wife tended to run into things (like my car) with them and knock off the passenger side mirror (twice).
That's almost impossible to do this one. The mirrors power fold and it warns you of any nearby objects. It'll even stop itself if necessary.

The weather was finally beautiful yesterday (first time since early October) and it's going to be similar today.
So, I'll be out there again, cleaning up the wife's former Chevy Cruze Diesel that I inherited.
That should keep me busy, so I'll be OMAD today.

Last edited by eaton53; 04-07-2019 at 05:53 AM..

Old 04-07-2019, 07:42 AM

1,567 posts, read 1,186,985 times
I did my first 24 hour fast on Friday. I was so busy baking that day that I didn't even stop to eat lunch, and just waited until dinner. Wasn't terrible at all. I'll probably throw another 24 hour fast in now and then.

Yesterday was my normal 19:5. Worked the bake sale for seven hours. I was offered some cinnamon roll, but I turned it down. Hubby showed up at noon with a hot panini sandwich to break my fast. Yay! I couldn't even finish the entire thing, I definitely eat less now.

Today we're off to run errands in Idaho. We'll grab lunch when we get there. I've started thinking about Easter, we usually have a morning breakfast, not sure how we're going to do things this year with IF. Something to ponder.

Have a great Sunday everyone!!

Lucy- Popcorn smells are tricky, they definitely make me crave the stuff. The "butter" they use upsets my stomach though, so I've learned to just say no to the popcorn even before IF. If I'm going to have popcorn I'd rather it have real butter on it. 🤤

Old 04-07-2019, 05:36 PM

Got the cars cleaned up, all nice and shiny.
I've got the day off tomorrow, so I'm going to have a few Mich Ultras and the rest of my crustless pizza.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss