Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2019, 10:44 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,523,601 times

Advertisements

I know..a little tmi. But I feel alone in my problem.
How often do you poop?
It seems like the only time I do it is when I eat a lot of junk for several days in a row.
When I eat balanced and within my calorie allowance, I just don't go. I go a week without anything. It's uncomfortable and discouraging.
I drink water, coffee and eat salad almost every day and in the last few days I started taking fiber supplements.
Any tips would be geat.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2019, 10:46 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,275,428 times
If I'm fasting, not at all.
It makes sense... nothing in, nothing out.

Old 01-26-2019, 10:50 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,702,115 times
I eat salads 2-3 times a day of my 6 meals, everyday. High fiber and protein. So my "release" may be more than the norm. 3 times daily, like clockwork.

Old 01-26-2019, 10:52 AM

130,713 posts, read 12,187,385 times
eat some bulk like a baked potato.

Old 01-26-2019, 10:55 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,808,222 times
OP: Not good. I've dealt with sluggish bowels and constipation a lot of my life and NO MORE. I make sure I take a good deal of magnesium daily and choose the type that works best for me. And I take 2-3K Vit C during the day, and if things get too loose, I take less. Gotta get rid of the stuff that is backed and go daily, at least once or twice. And warmer room temp water, NOT cold stuff.

Once you get more regulated, massage your belly now and then, gets things moving too.

And get some good fats, nice chunk of butter on that baked potato.

Old 01-26-2019, 10:59 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,927,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I know..a little tmi. But I feel alone in my problem.
How often do you poop?
It seems like the only time I do it is when I eat a lot of junk for several days in a row.
When I eat balanced and within my calorie allowance, I just don't go. I go a week without anything. It's uncomfortable and discouraging.
I drink water, coffee and eat salad almost every day and in the last few days I started taking fiber supplements.
Any tips would be geat.

Thanks.
I guess this is related to diet and weight loss, but i would think you would get a better response had you posted on the general health thread. As for how often, well, I am pretty lucky, normally at least every other day and yes, I agree it is uncomfortable to go more than a few day without having a BM. I will add before taking any med or supplement I think I would talk to my doctor. The things that help me the most: fresh fruit, especially apples and cantaloupe. Also thins like cold slaw or any vegetable with lots of fiber, cauliflower broccoli, cabbage, etc. Then don't forget the nuts. Many nights by snack before going to bed is a handful of nuts. What do you consider your calorie balance? Are you getting oils in your diet? All these thing make a difference. Some people get so consumed with weight control they forget to eat a few things that will help keep them regular.

Old 01-26-2019, 11:17 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,499,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
OP: Not good. I've dealt with sluggish bowels and constipation a lot of my life and NO MORE. I make sure I take a good deal of magnesium daily and choose the type that works best for me. And I take 2-3K Vit C during the day, and if things get too loose, I take less. Gotta get rid of the stuff that is backed and go daily, at least once or twice. And warmer room temp water, NOT cold stuff.

Once you get more regulated, massage your belly now and then, gets things moving too.

And get some good fats, nice chunk of butter on that baked potato.
Just curious on the amounts. How much mag do you take and what kind?

As for the Vit C I have read that 2k is the max per day for adults. Does it take that much to get things "moving"?

Old 01-26-2019, 11:26 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,808,222 times
gg: Everyone's body is different as are their needs. Some people take up to 10K vit C daily, I do not, maybe I would if I took no magnesium but I Love magnesium. I'll DM you my fav mag nutritional supplement...works for me and my sluggish bowel issues. I don't want to keep my waste in my body longer than I have to...in and out in good time.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 01-26-2019 at 11:49 AM..

Old 01-26-2019, 12:45 PM

7,151 posts, read 12,700,689 times
If your fiber intake, lots of water, bulky foods like salads and roasted vegetables (daily and as many servings as possible), and healthy fats such as olive oil and fish oil, don't do the trick, I'd investigate further. Just to make sure there's no blockage...

Don't forget the value of exercise -- just going for a walk can...get things moving...

Those I know, including me, who eat lots of vegetables, drink ample water, and eat little binding foods (I have trouble digesting red meat), are likely to have 1-2--or more-- bowel movements/day with no straining...

Old 01-26-2019, 12:59 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,523,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
If I'm fasting, not at all.
It makes sense... nothing in, nothing out.
Except I eat 1500 caps a day on average
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss