Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 10:59 AM

737 posts, read 1,648,479 times

Advertisements

Now that I got a better look at breads I'm thinking Pepperidge farm may make a better bread 100 whole wheat whole grain
Nature's Own is lower in calories but Pepperide Farm has more fiber which is why I'm eating it to begin with.
I figure half a sandwich every other week or day with low fat sodium turkey ain't bad even with the calories 100 with Pepperidge farm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2010, 01:05 PM

To cut down on salt intake eat frozen or fresh vegies. Or if you buy can buy low salt or no salt. Another way is to rinse all your can goods this will cut the salt in half we all eat way to much salt anyways. There is to much salt in almost everything we eat. There are something you gotta eat in a can such as tuna or sardines just make sure you rinse them before consuming.

Old 08-16-2010, 04:29 PM

Avocado's help you to retain alot of your nutrients but you have to be careful with them they have alot of calories It only takes 2 oz to help you maintain your nutrients so I quarter mine. One Avocado when quartered can be like 4 days unless someone else eats them. My son loves avocados like myself but I don't complain.

One avocado can carry close to 300 calories so make sure you quarter it.

So you can keep a real time on Vegies and fruits here is an up to date one. Clean and dirty as in which one to buy organic and with ones are safe.
http://foodnews.org/fulllist.php

If you can buy organic on all of them then go for it.

If you don't have Kidney problems try peanuts, extraordinarily high in polyphenols. Boiled but not overly boiled the nutrients and Polyphenols are tripled. Boil your own and don't add as much salt or no salt. However don't make alot at one time very short shelf life with out the salt and you really don't need alot of salt.

Last edited by Starlady01; 08-16-2010 at 04:39 PM..

Old 08-16-2010, 06:17 PM

Just follow the Dash diet plan if you don't have high blood pressure then go with the higher salt intake or even if you do but want to lower it. Just stick to it. You see it was easy for me to go a little lower because I have always avoided salt anyways. If you are use to salt go to the higher level then the lower one or stay at the higher level.

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/publ...h/new_dash.pdf

Like I said the bonus is you lose weight on the diet.

Now when I was pregnant I didn't have any problems but eating is another matter. Eating actually hurts me and being over weight ain't so good either, it doesn't take much to feel me up. And the price of food here of late has gone sky high.

Small bones run in our family that is all. I have a niece who lost her baby because she was to small and they had to rip him out since the stupid doctor didn't do a c section on her. And this was suppose to be a top notch pregnancy hospital in Orlando. They had even just done a sonogram on her a few day prior.

But as normal people think I'm stupid and go out of there way to prove me wrong. In the end I say why don't you just listen to reason instead of tring to but so dang stupid. If I say something listen don't try to F ing change it to what you want it to be because that is you.

Last edited by Starlady01; 08-16-2010 at 06:42 PM..

Old 08-18-2010, 06:31 AM

Need real lean beef
Eat Wild - Find Your State

still kind of shopping around for a decent bread that maybe low sodium as well for myself that is.

Old 08-18-2010, 04:24 PM

I did find a bread that is low in salt. Food For Life's Ezekiel but I ain't gong to eat it. If the Israelite complained wondering thu the desert and God changed his mind and siad use cow dung instead. Guess what I going with the Israelite's as well and I ain't crossing a desert today or tomorrow or anytime soon and if I do supplies are better then they were back then. I know I know the low salt one doesn't have human dung but I ain't taking a chance in a place that would even use such a product. Give me a break Human DUNG. I ain't even going to eat COW DUNG not going to happen

And they call it
organic human feces, WHAT. Organic has just found a name and it ain't good trust me.

Last edited by Starlady01; 08-18-2010 at 05:01 PM..

Old 08-19-2010, 03:35 AM

Here are some low salt options for the Dash Diet. Seafood is your best option tuna rinsed from the can and seafood products. I was mostly eating seafood when I lost alot of weight however I have a small allergy to seafood. I can still eat it just not in large quantities. So I have had to make adjustments to the Dash Diet but if you follow the Dash Diet you will lose weight for sure.

Low Sodium Ingredient Sources

For those who need to know Publix carries Boars Head and they have alot of low salt options.

Old 08-19-2010, 04:10 AM

One last thing stick with the high dose of salt because you muscles do use salt. But to much can also be bad so stick with the salt intakes suggested in the Dash Diet.

Men who have more muscles then woman should stick with the higher salt intake woman can slowly move the the lower salt intake.

You may experience diarrhea on this diet at first but that is normal.

Dash diet.

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/publ...h/new_dash.pdf

I did eat my chicken wings one or twice a week on this diet and still lost weight.

I was real sick at the time but not from this diet it was another issue. Losing weight scared me because I was so sick at the time.
Then I read some place why I was losing weight so well it was due to the Dash Diet.

I went off as I stated because of my son but am gradually moving back on it.

Maybe I will find a recipe for the Food For Life's Ezekie low sodium bread and I will make it myself. I'm sure someone will do it eventually.

Last edited by Starlady01; 08-19-2010 at 04:49 AM..

Old 08-20-2010, 04:15 AM

If you have alot of weight to loose make sure you eat seafood and or chicken lean meats this will help with skin sagging.

Also exfoliate your skin with baking soda or long grain rice. Rub it on your skin leg thighs. upper arms, tummy, buttocks, ect, while taking a shower. Dry your self off or let your self dry well then cover these areas with honey to tighten/tone your skin. Eating lean meats will help to make sure you don't lose muscle that is needed to tone.
That is why it is important on the dash diet to include seafood lean meats.

You can also use the rice/baking soda on your face along with the honey.

Even if you don't have enough weight to have lose skin and not everyone has sagging skin after weight loss this exfoliating and moisturizing/tone will help. One of the big things right now is a tummy or but lift , try exfoliating and honey to do the same thing naturally.

Let the honey dry then jump back in the shower to rise off. High end spa's are doing these all over the place do your own.

Another thing that will help is drinking plenty of water if you get tired of just water then get some water and cut up some oranges or lemons and place them in the water together or one or the other. Drinking lots of water will keep your body hydrated and help your skin as well. Tea , coffee or soda pop will dehydrate your body so stick with water. Or you could use herbal tea's as well. But not regular tea.

They say the first thing that shows a woman,s age is her hands while your at it place honey on your hands.

My mistake egg white will tone. Honey will moisturize.

Last edited by Starlady01; 08-20-2010 at 04:50 AM..

Old 08-20-2010, 06:10 AM

10 posts, read 26,840 times
Default re: need to loose weight.

hi... definitely loosing weight will help you solve your major health problems. And loosing it as quickly as possible is a better option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss