Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 12:12 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,776,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 109* View Post
I am trying to lose like 5 to 10 pounds by next week does anyone have any advice? Please.
In 2008, someone who is no longer a member of this forum, needed to lose 5-10 pounds in a week. I can only surmise that he's either lost it, or not, by now, three years later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 10:36 AM

265 posts, read 615,423 times
if you're serious, and your body works like mine....lol....the kitchen is closed to YOU after 5pm. yep, 5pm. the only thing you can have after 5pm is popcorn, and pleanty of water with lemon in it.

{cracking up}.....I said if your body worked like mine. water keeps everything moving out, and popcorn fills a bowl, so your eyes tell your brain that you're getting a lot to eat, and you can let your mouth chew handfulls! {totally cracking up}....tricking my brain cause I know my brain DON'T know everything. it tells me that I need to eat at times when I'm not really even hungry, so I stopped believing everything my brain SAYS.

LOL

Old 11-20-2011, 10:19 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,248,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanrocks1985 View Post
According to Jorge Cruse, author of “The 3-Hour Diet,” allowing more than three hours to pass between meals causes the body to go into a fat-preservation mode. This our bodies natural defense against starvation. If your body doesn’t know when it’ll get its next meal, it’ll save fat from the last one until you eat again. When you eat again, it will store fat from that meal – and the viscous cycle continues. So, don’t starve yourself. Eat at least every three hours to avoid putting on extra fat. This will help you lose weight in a day, but it’ll also help you lose weight long term, if you stick with the plan..
I doubt that's true. It takes quite a lot longer for your body to go into "starvation mode", one of the most over-used excuses for lack of weight loss success.

Old 05-20-2012, 09:04 PM

326 posts, read 704,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
I doubt that's true. It takes quite a lot longer for your body to go into "starvation mode", one of the most over-used excuses for lack of weight loss success.
I don't buy into the whole concept of "starvation mode" So if we eat too much we put on fat and if we starve ourselves we put on fat -- guess it explains why we are all fat! I think its just one of the many concepts taught wrongly in high school health classes and only gains strength in the many retellings of it.

Here's the short of it -- We starve we get a boost of metabolism to give us the energy to find food. We eat too much our body slows down metabolism by changing muscle morphology to store what it can as fat and become better at doing it. We exercise we change our muscle morphology back to increase metabolism.

example - why the starvation diet yo-yo? this diet is associated with inactivity. Person starves them self and loses weight through temporary boost of metabolism. Person overeats again and loses metabolism through muscle change and loss. starves - loses weight but not as effectively because of muscle loss. As cycle continues they lose basal metabolism and can barely eat anything before becoming fat. Why? no exercise!!

Old 05-20-2012, 10:01 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,425,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainershereigo View Post
well I tried it once and it worked but not for long about 5lbs a week for a whole week just keep yourself between 1200 and 900 cals a day and water! and good luck you maybe grauchy

I know this is very old, but really?! If you are going to post advice, don't post dangerous advice!

Old 05-23-2012, 11:25 AM

1,144 posts, read 2,990,056 times
Don't eat. Don't drink anything but H2O, even limit that as much as you can. Spend all day outside, no tv, or internet, no couch.

FYI, The results you may see in the 7 days will be temporary, and is not sustainable.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:00 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,828,066 times
train like a boxer and cut weight it can be done

Old 09-30-2012, 09:17 AM

1 posts, read 1,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
In order to lose 5-10 pounds in one week..You would have to have Jill or Bob (Biggest Loser trainers) for your personal trainer and they would have to be in competition with each other..Try setting your goal at 1-3 pounds a week and watch your diet and do some exercising two or three times a day..Get a good nights sleep..I found out from the sleep lab that if you do not sleep well it slows your metabolism down and can cause weight gain..
to be honest i dont like the way the biggest loser works, the weight they lose, just gets put on by muscle with the exercises they do. just run. simple as that. oo and use a sauna suit to help you lose weight fast.( [URL="http://www.saunasuitstore.com"]Sauna Suits, Sweat Suits for Weight Loss Exercise & Lose Weight Fast at Sauna Suit Store[/URL]

Old 09-30-2012, 11:35 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,816,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymousboxer View Post
to be honest i dont like the way the biggest loser works, the weight they lose, just gets put on by muscle with the exercises they do. just run. simple as that. oo and use a sauna suit to help you lose weight fast.( Sauna Suits, Sweat Suits for Weight Loss Exercise & Lose Weight Fast at Sauna Suit Store
You do not lose 'weight' in the sauna, you lose water. BIG difference. As soon as you rehydrate the 'weight' is back. Strength training boosts losing power by quite a lot so while 'just running' is good, you can enhance your weight loss by doing resistance training.

Old 09-30-2012, 12:54 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,741,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymousboxer View Post
to be honest i dont like the way the biggest loser works, the weight they lose, just gets put on by muscle with the exercises they do. just run. simple as that. oo and use a sauna suit to help you lose weight fast.( Sauna Suits, Sweat Suits for Weight Loss Exercise & Lose Weight Fast at Sauna Suit Store
Worst advice ever. You need to mix weight training and cardio. The more muscle you have, the more calories you burn.

As the other poster said a sauna suit just makes you lose water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss