Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2021, 08:14 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
No, if you are going to make a specific claim like

No, when you are going to claim a cause and effect relationship you have to provide a reliable scientific source, or endure the resulting criticism or ridicule. To advance your argument you need to learn to express your opinions as opinions, or support them with a source. Your opinions are not facts.

Example of an opinion: I think American wheat probably cause inflammation and leaky gut because of the pes

Example of a an opinion masquerading as fact: pesticides in American wheat cause increased inflammation and a leaky gut which contributes to weight gain

You may have a good point somewhere, but when you keep presenting your opinions as facts without any factual support nobody (except the most gullible) is going to believe anything you say.

What you basically summed up the reason people don't get good help here because the forum becomes a never ending battle field of who's fact is superior to who. All forums are based on opinions, it's up to you to decide who to believe. You can post whatever you want true or not true and find tons of facts to support either way. And it's stupid to believe that everything I posted is my own opinion. I didn't formulate anything, they all came from a source. And that's why it's utterly pointless what you've wrote. You can google it up yourself and be your own judge. You came here for sport not to help people. Like the other trolls in here just to post counterpoints but not help the poster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2021, 11:39 AM

5,710 posts, read 4,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
What you basically summed up the reason people don't get good help here because the forum becomes a never ending battle field of who's fact is superior to who. All forums are based on opinions, it's up to you to decide who to believe. You can post whatever you want true or not true and find tons of facts to support either way. And it's stupid to believe that everything I posted is my own opinion. I didn't formulate anything, they all came from a source. And that's why it's utterly pointless what you've wrote. You can google it up yourself and be your own judge. You came here for sport not to help people. Like the other trolls in here just to post counterpoints but not help the poster.

No, you can't find tons of facts to support alternative realities. Some things are facts, or at least have good supporting evidence, some things are just pure opinions. The former carry weight, the latter are a crapshoot at best.

Old 02-12-2021, 05:55 PM

20,932 posts, read 28,414,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
The faster your hubby get away from grains the better. There's nothing good about grains in the US. It is loaded with pesticides and hardly any minerals so everything with grain here needed fortification and enrichment. Our FDA did not do its job protecting us by requiring farmers to not use dangerous pesticides which is banned in Europe. If he wants pastas go to European grocer or buy organic wheat products from Europe not US. It's the pesticides that causes increased inflammation and a leaky gut which contributes to weight gain.

Why do you think that people in Europe that drinks wine and have pastas and bread daily aren't fat like Americans.
He has not eaten any grains in 2 months. has not had rice or pasta either.

Old 02-12-2021, 05:58 PM

20,932 posts, read 28,414,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithfullizhe View Post
It's very normal. I eat low carbs for 5 years now. You can eat carbs for moments like that. It's the day in day out carb intake body doesn't care for. I can eat carbs now twice weekly and zero weight gain. Tell him to hang in there, it's well worth it in the long run.
Thanks

Old 02-14-2021, 05:01 PM

5,517 posts, read 2,404,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Source please.

Many reasons, none of which you mentioned.
You’re wasting your time, Vision33r is notorious for making claims without providing any scientific studies.

Old 02-14-2021, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
You’re wasting your time, Vision33r is notorious for making claims without providing any scientific studies.

I'm learning that.

Old 02-15-2021, 09:45 PM

13,070 posts, read 7,505,741 times
I will tell you that if you persist, you may end up divorced.
My wife overly watches my diet and we had some pretty mean arguments to where I would threaten divorce. Being on a low carb diet means that you are hungry all the time and will get cravings. I've had too many disappointments in my life, and a divorce would be just a small disappointment vs not eating properly. I have 1 stent. I have BMI=26, borderline BP, high triglyercides, borderline cholesterol issues, sensitive to carbs where a serving of carbs will put me into a hot flash and a crash, although my BG would high normal for most people during my hot flash and normal BG in the crash.

Invest in a BG meter and strips (cheap) and Lipid test kit.

Old 02-16-2021, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
I will tell you that if you persist, you may end up divorced.
My wife overly watches my diet and we had some pretty mean arguments to where I would threaten divorce. Being on a low carb diet means that you are hungry all the time and will get cravings. I've had too many disappointments in my life, and a divorce would be just a small disappointment vs not eating properly. I have 1 stent. I have BMI=26, borderline BP, high triglyercides, borderline cholesterol issues, sensitive to carbs where a serving of carbs will put me into a hot flash and a crash, although my BG would high normal for most people during my hot flash and normal BG in the crash.

Invest in a BG meter and strips (cheap) and Lipid test kit.

I am less hungry on a low carb diet. A lot less.

Can't debate the wife issue, never had one.

Old 02-17-2021, 03:16 PM

13,070 posts, read 7,505,741 times
Don’t start if you are +50

Old 02-20-2021, 08:41 AM

22,660 posts, read 24,589,306 times
If you are looking for a way of eating, that does not have at least some negatives attached to it, you might as well forget it.

Maybe try breatharianism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss