Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2021, 12:05 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Carb-cycling works for some people who like to do strict low-carb, but also get a break and eat some carbs. If low-carb is getting a little old and worn, it may be worth a try.

My, I tried carb-cycling, worked great except for the fact that I would get a splitting headache about 24 to 48 hours after eating the carbs, then cycling back to very low-carb.
Carb is bad because the gluten causes the lining of your gut to have inflammation. Which triggers all kinds of stuff like headache, joint paints, and allergies. This is the stuff people in this forum ignores when there are clear scientific evidence that supports getting rid of carbs especially gluten fixes all kinds of body issues. I'm not here to defend which diet is better, I'm here defending what works for me and thousands of people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2021, 12:08 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,817,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Carb is bad because the gluten causes the lining of your gut to have inflammation. Which triggers all kinds of stuff like headache, joint paints, and allergies. This is the stuff people in this forum ignores when there are clear scientific evidence that supports getting rid of carbs especially gluten fixes all kinds of body issues. I'm not here to defend which diet is better, I'm here defending what works for me and thousands of people.
Lots of people, in fact most people have no issues with gluten whatsoever. You are just a wealth of misinformation.

Old 03-07-2021, 12:46 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
If you are experiencing inflammation in your intestines then you probably have Celiac Disease, and easily diagnosable condition.

When I was young I was convinced by a Naturalist "doctor" that all my conditions were caused by gluten.

I went two years with a strict no gluten diet.... nada, zip, zilch change in conditions.

Otherwise gluten is fine for most people. Like everything, less refined, more whole food.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-07-2021, 07:19 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,817,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
If you are experiencing inflammation in your intestines then you probably have Celiac Disease, and easily diagnosable condition.

When I was young I was convinced by a Naturalist "doctor" that all my conditions were caused by gluten.

I went two years with a strict no gluten diet.... nada, zip, zilch change in conditions.

Otherwise gluten is fine for most people. Like everything, less refined, more whole food.
If gluten was as horrible as what some people claim it is diets all over the world would have to change.

Old 03-07-2021, 07:43 PM

5,517 posts, read 2,404,074 times
Quote:
It works for you because any diet that reduces bodyweight will reduce inflammation. Inflammation is a hallmark of a high caloric intake.

Old 03-07-2021, 07:53 PM

176 posts, read 95,730 times
There exist some "slow carb" foods. They are beans, lentils, peas.....

They use insulin very slowly, are very filling/satisfying and I lost weight on eating them. Yes, I did keep 3 bottles of a Beano product or generic of same, in the house. I discovered that taking 4 of the little buggers works much better than just one.

A young man wrote a book called "The Four Hour Body Diet" I think I got that last word correct. He experimented on himself and discovered this about beans. So! being driven when I make up my mind, I would make myself usually the 15 bean mixtures and make a full, large pot of them, eating on them twice a day for a couple of weeks and allow myself a weekly cheat day. (which the named book insisted was necesssary and not just for psychological reasons)

The book explained that oh, Taco salad for example, we could eat everything in it, just not the large, fried shell the thing is in. Avocado, yes! salad mix, the refried beans, the meat and cheese, I mean oink oink I enjoyed this diet but kept the threat of Artheriosclerosis in mind.

I'll hush. Wishing your hubby good luck. Low carb indeed is a good diet. I personally find beans as satisfying as some folks find mashed potatoes.

Bless y'all.

Old 03-09-2021, 03:01 PM

3,560 posts, read 1,652,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineCinderella View Post
There exist some "slow carb" foods. They are beans, lentils, peas.....

They use insulin very slowly, are very filling/satisfying and I lost weight on eating them. Yes, I did keep 3 bottles of a Beano product or generic of same, in the house. I discovered that taking 4 of the little buggers works much better than just one.

A young man wrote a book called "The Four Hour Body Diet" I think I got that last word correct. He experimented on himself and discovered this about beans. So! being driven when I make up my mind, I would make myself usually the 15 bean mixtures and make a full, large pot of them, eating on them twice a day for a couple of weeks and allow myself a weekly cheat day. (which the named book insisted was necesssary and not just for psychological reasons)

The book explained that oh, Taco salad for example, we could eat everything in it, just not the large, fried shell the thing is in. Avocado, yes! salad mix, the refried beans, the meat and cheese, I mean oink oink I enjoyed this diet but kept the threat of Artheriosclerosis in mind.

I'll hush. Wishing your hubby good luck. Low carb indeed is a good diet. I personally find beans as satisfying as some folks find mashed potatoes.

Bless y'all.

As type2 diabetic, can tell you that for me, I am limited to half cup lentils and no grains with them at a meal. More than that at a sitting, and blood sugar goes up. Its just not worth cooking such small amount. For a diabetic will say soybeans, lentils, and mung beans probably best choice if you gotta have legumes. Peanuts maybe too. Black beans and garbonzos second tier. Larger beans like pintos and kidney beans and great northern are just not suitable, they boost blood sugar even in small amounts. Might mention if you have garden, raise a row of Great Northern, the young leaves are very nice as raw green in salad. Yes you can plant the beans sold in grocery store, they will grow unless very old. The leaves wont boost your blood sugar.

I will say if you dont add sugar or other carbs to your beans, and you are not a diabetic, then unlike grain, you probably wont overeat on them. If you are not used to eating beans, be warned, they will make you toot. Its sign of sugars in them fermenting in your gut. If you regularly eat them, you will develop colony of bacteria in your gut that will help digest them so less fermentation.

Old 03-11-2021, 08:08 PM

20,932 posts, read 28,414,875 times
Good new his A1C when from 8.9 to 5.9. He is off 2 diabetic meds. Now he only needs to take metformin and Reybelsus.
His cholesterol went from 190 to 170. He's a had a few slip ups in the last month with food but he's under stress because his mom is not well and she is recovering in a rehab and should be home in a couple of weeks. No one is perfect. For the person that said I'll end up getting divorced if I keep pushing him, well my husband was the one who chose to eat low carb and eat better not me. He asked if I could help him and I do when it comes to meals. If he chooses to cheat I say nothing. He's a grown man. I have never told him he needs to lose weight because I am the last one who should tell someone that especially since I myself need to lose a few pounds.

Old 03-12-2021, 09:14 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post

Old science. New science does suggest that gluten is harmful to everybody. The better we don't eat it, the less problems to our health. It's an optional food choice for me so I don't need to have it. But gluten can be found in meats that are consumed by the animals.

Eventually gluten will cause a leaky gut and you will develop various issues as you get older. That is your choice whether or not it affects you right now or not but the science is there to support gluten causing gut issues and later on leading to autoimmune diseases.

Old 03-12-2021, 09:22 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Old science. New science does suggest that gluten is harmful to everybody. The better we don't eat it, the less problems to our health. It's an optional food choice for me so I don't need to have it. But gluten can be found in meats that are consumed by the animals.

Eventually gluten will cause a leaky gut and you will develop various issues as you get older. That is your choice whether or not it affects you right now or not but the science is there to support gluten causing gut issues and later on leading to autoimmune diseases.

I have seen no scientific evidence of that, nor have you provided any. Unless you have been tested for leaky gut, you don't know if you even have it.

It reminds me of a friend who sees a naturopath, she has convinced she has candida over growth, for decades. If she had an actual candida overgrowth a doctor would be able to tell.

You do know that grains built civilization, and Roman armies ran on grains.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss