Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 11:13 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,648,036 times

Advertisements

I think it is this winter weather! we need spring and fast. Really having the bad time of things. I guess I am in the running with tif, for the worst dieter!!! I keep trying, and keep failing. tomorrow is another day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2009, 06:11 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
I think it is this winter weather! we need spring and fast. Really having the bad time of things. I guess I am in the running with tif, for the worst dieter!!! I keep trying, and keep failing. tomorrow is another day.
SG, as you might recall...I used to live in the Chicago burbs myself and DEFINITELY know how hard it is to deal with the winters there.

That being said...and I'm going to reiterate something I've mentioned before.

No one should "diet"...they should make permanent lifestyle changes in terms of what types of foods they eat AND exercise. Obviously diets don't work for some people, they fail, it damages your morale...you keep failing. Stop dieting may possibly be the key?

What about just trying 2 months where you just stop eating anything unhealthy and promise to get some good exercise 3-4 times a week? (Start slow but increase intensity as you go.) If what you've been doing hasn't worked try something else.

Otherwise, given the choice between repeating something that doesn't work for me and just not even "dieting" you get the same result either way so why kill yourself.

Find something to motivate you. Maybe make a promise to someone you love? Frankly, you might need to go hardcore to break out of the rut. (But you will feel like the queen when you succeed! )

Old 03-09-2009, 07:07 AM

thanks mathguy! I haven't responded because I feel like a real failure. I am wondering if it is the HRT I started a few weeks ago..the night sweats etc are gone, but I am hungry all the time! how do I get the motivation to start exercising? I just can't make myself do it. I had good intentions last week, ...then, it happened only once! I guess I will start fresh today!

Old 03-13-2009, 07:28 AM

Quote:
thanks mathguy! I haven't responded because I feel like a real failure. I am wondering if it is the HRT I started a few weeks ago..the night sweats etc are gone, but I am hungry all the time! how do I get the motivation to start exercising? I just can't make myself do it. I had good intentions last week, ...then, it happened only once! I guess I will start fresh today!
Thanks for writing back. I felt awful that I might have offended you or something. I want you to succeed and be happy, not feel bad, I've failed myself in the past too and continue to fail in other parts of my life.

Dust yourself off, you can do it!

I've re-dedicated myself to exercise for the summer and have dropped another 5lbs. With weights thrown in, you burn calories like crazy even when sitting around.

Go get em tiger!

Old 03-14-2009, 01:54 PM

Hey mathguy! thanks for the up-beat words of wisdom, too bad I just can't get them to sink in. I do feel better today since it is actually sunny today! We are all so sick of cold, snow, rain etc. we can't wait for spring to get here. I am making some slow strides. Just figured something out the other day. I started HRT last month, and one of the side effects is weight gain. who knew!! It feels like I gained a ton, but when I weighed it was only 1 1/2 pounds. It's just that I feel like the pillsbury doughboy!!!! HEHEHEHE

Old 03-14-2009, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Hey mathguy! thanks for the up-beat words of wisdom, too bad I just can't get them to sink in. I do feel better today since it is actually sunny today! We are all so sick of cold, snow, rain etc. we can't wait for spring to get here. I am making some slow strides. Just figured something out the other day. I started HRT last month, and one of the side effects is weight gain. who knew!! It feels like I gained a ton, but when I weighed it was only 1 1/2 pounds. It's just that I feel like the pillsbury doughboy!!!! HEHEHEHE
Make sure you are getting some Vitamin C etc. I know a lot of people that would also struggle with Seasonal Affective Disorder up that way. (I know it affected me around that time of year).

Think about a game plan, maybe a person you can team up with locally?

All the best, im out on vacation!

Old 04-02-2009, 12:11 PM

Update.

Went on vacation, had birthday...ate and drank badly and didnt get much exercise for a bit and then started back in on weights and put on about 6lbs.

So, back on a diet now, going to try to lose 10lbs. while keeping up the cardio and more weights.

Wasn't very good at lunch but I ran out of my breakfast Cheerios that I keep in my office and was starving by lunch.

Old 04-16-2009, 11:34 AM

1 posts, read 463 times
If you are looking for a quick diet for weight loss, you may not have to look as far as you think. Believe it or not, quick weight loss diet plans are not difficult to find and use. It's just a matter of knowing where to find one that will work for you.

The first thing to think about when you are looking for a quick diet for weight loss is what your weaknesses are. Many of us have weaknesses for certain foods, drinks or just don't want to exercise. Here's how to get around some of those weaknesses.

Don't Avoid All The Foods You Love

You don't have to avoid foods you love just because you are trying to be on a quick weight loss diet. As a matter of fact, if you try to avoid everything you love, you will likely fail more quickly. Instead, you need to learn how to moderate. While telling yourself to eat smaller portions is one thing, an easier way is to make sure you really are not hungry enough to eat larger portions.

When you are going to eat a meal you really love, you should eat a filler food 5-10 minutes earlier. This could mean a few handfuls of raw vegetables or an apple that will start to fill your stomach and leave less room for those higher calorie foods.

Drink After Your Meal

Drink after your meal. While most places serve you a drink with your meal and we are used to taking drinks while eating, this is really working against your body. When you eat food your body creates enzymes to break the food down effectively. The more you drink, the less effective those enzymes will be, as they will be watered down.

If you try these tricks and add them to any of a number of other weight loss options out there, you may be surprised at how quickly you see results. more info here :www.firsthealthforyou.blogspot.com (broken link)

Old 04-18-2009, 02:35 PM

dealing with the effects of hrt. gained about 8to 10 lbs. cannot believe that this has happened!!!! started the exercise routine last week and did a ton of yard work today. trying to get re-acquainted with diet and exercise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss