Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2008, 04:22 PM

2,002 posts, read 4,583,354 times

Advertisements

I need to lose some weight. Took Phys. Ed at college and pretending to join the yoga club there.

It's so hard to avoid the bad food... 10 pounds and I'll be more than happy!

Let's see how it works
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2009, 02:24 PM

3,131 posts, read 11,644,916 times
hey mathguy and tif! Happy New Year..I have been a naughty girl, but plan to jump back on the band wagon beginning Monday! I figure..if Jan 5 works for Oprah, it might as well work for me. Hope everyone is well and hope to hear from you regularly starting next week!!!!

Old 01-04-2009, 03:12 PM

2,091 posts, read 9,046,149 times
lol, Im with ya SG!!!! I bemoaned the last few weeks, and my husband says to me, "Heck with dieting over Christmas time!!!! Thats why they invented New Years Resolutions!!" I knew I loved him for good reason....lol
new year, new hopes!!!
Changes MUST be made, and Stuck with! sigh....
man, and I thought quitting smoking was hard! This dieting, its way harder....

Old 01-05-2009, 10:30 AM

WELCOME BACK! just started again!!! writing down my food consumption and did my 30 minute tv workout this morning. Since I live in the chicago area, record OPRAH this morning to see what her
"I fell off the wagon" tips might be. have to watch later today. baby steps...baby steps.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:38 AM

hey, great start SG!!!!!
Maybe I'll get off my butt and get some exersizing done too now! Cant let you get too far ahead of me on all this! lol
lets go my friend!

Old 01-05-2009, 11:42 AM

473 posts, read 714,608 times
is it too late to join in here? i had hoped to get myself motivated to start in jan 2, but that came and went and i'm still eating. i am 20lbs heavier than i was this time last year.
has anyone tried to motivate themselves with a wii fit? is it worth it?

Old 01-05-2009, 12:39 PM

Hi Mommax3plus2! Its never too late to join in with us! The more the merrier, right?
the wii fit is on my wish list, thats for sure! We're looking at getting one maybe next month, when finances even out a bit. Ive heard great things about it, so have some high hopes. Are you getting one?
we have a wii, and my daughter got the Boogie game for Christmas, I know that one wears me out good, but NO WAY could i do it daily! ugh...lol
i like the mix of exersizes i hear the fitness one comes with....

Old 01-05-2009, 01:36 PM

Ok ......
after getting the kids off to school, i was lazy and wnt back to bed, so got up late and didnt have breakfast..i know, bad bad bad, but whatever...
I had some turkey (that we roasted last night) for lunch, and cheated by having a few bites of cake, and VERY BADLY of me, a cup of root beer. Thankfully, the pop ws too sweet and heavy, i think i'll go back to water.
anyhow, did some moving and shaking, but had some challenges in that. I have new foot work going on due to a new dancing partner. Go check out in the PETS forum, under CATS and look at the thread, "Meet Iggy!" and you'll see that which keeps going after my feet as I dance about.
now, im off to work, which is exersize in itself!

Old 01-05-2009, 05:13 PM

welcome momma! we love having new friends to chat up! Tif..throw that cake in the garbage!
I started off really really good today. had an egg white omelette, and some fresh snap peas on the side, coffee of course! lunch was a grapefruit, followed by a salad with some tuna on top, with olive oil and red wine vinegar. had to take the college boy shopping at sam's. tried a couple of samples in the store..chicken tender bite and a cracker with chicken salad. Kid bought a soft pretzel, I had a bite of that too!
made roasted pork tenderloin for dinner with a little gravy, some noodles, broc, caulif. milk and a few bites of sweet pot. I am stuffed.

my goal is to stay around 1500 to 1800 calories a day. the first few days will be the absolute worst because of all of the holiday overeating! the good thing is that I have to leave and go to a sports boosters meeting tonight, so I will be gone for a couple of hours and have no access to food! LOL

Old 01-08-2009, 03:45 PM

tif and mathguy...where are you? I am hanging in there, but only by a thread!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss