Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2009, 09:50 PM

2,091 posts, read 9,047,056 times

Advertisements

Hang in there SG!!!! Dont give up!
I havent been doing too bad....last night was shake n bake porkchops, plus some cranberry sauce (like 3 bites) and some corn...
lunch today was a left over pork chop and some leomonaide
dinner is a thin strip steak over the bbq and some salad, prob. lemonaide again to drink. did shower excersizes, marching while doing laundry, little stuff like that.
nothin major, but got on the scale this moring and got a TEENY little happiness. 142.8.lbs. its not much, but its something....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2009, 03:25 PM

3,131 posts, read 11,646,444 times
I think I have to start over! had a bad day today. no point in really discussing what I ate!!!LOL tomorrow is a new day. glad to have you back. mathguy is out on a break!

Old 01-11-2009, 07:31 PM

2,091 posts, read 9,047,056 times
LOL, i hear ya...I was shying away myself today, after our dinner out last night...both of the girls were at sleepovers, so we took the boy out for a special mom/dad/son datenight. New mexican food resturant....add to it i was REALLY REALLY stressed bout something and slammed down a spanish coffee...decided it was too weak, ordered another....bout 1/2 way through that, i began to feel it all....then, the guy comes over and yells "TEQUILA POPPERS!!!!!" and slammes em down...well, whaddya do??? sigh.....so between the mega extra calories last night, and the "I got a hangover and cant exersize" crap...well, sigh.....
hopefullyl mathguy is doing better than we are! Its begining to feel a bit empty in here, eh SG? we seem to get deserted an awful lot.....(do we smell????? lol )

Old 01-12-2009, 07:20 AM

Yeah, today is monday and it is starting over day! I think I will hop on the exercise bike to start things off! Mathguy is taking a forum break he sent a dm. I thought we would pick up some newbies on this site with all of the new year's resolutions. Got our college boy back to school and will be settling into our regular family routine with our 14 yo. that makes for better eating choices. did a lot of cooking yesterday..homemade beef stew, meatloaf, and started cooking my meat for homemade beef barley soup. planning some of these meals ahead of time really helps me when we have our hectic basketball practice, meetings etc during the week. keep at it tif! talk to you tomorrow.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:26 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,059,939 times
dont think I would be a great partner

this is me and food

Old 01-14-2009, 07:47 AM

love the animation! sometimes, I feel the same way. Some of the people I work with are starting a biggest loser group. a $5 buy in! I need the group support. so I am with them any support is a good thing.

Old 01-14-2009, 01:33 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,059,939 times
thanks!

Old 01-19-2009, 08:13 AM

ok tif..where are you? I failed my first week, so I am starting over. going to try the south beach diet route again. the first two weeks are really strict. I guess that is what I need. watched a little of OPRAH"s webcast yesterday and decided the key to everything is putting myself first. I usually put everyone and everything else before myself. So, this morning, I felt like scrambled eggs.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:50 AM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Just sticking my head in and then back to work stuff....

TF and SG....how has your exercise been? I'm hearing a lot of diet talk but not exercise...it's like having a gun with no bullets when fighting the weight loss battle.

I have gone to "maintain mode" as I will be quite busy the next 3+ months with work and also am in a good relationship that keeps me hopping and also partaking of things I used to avoid more (alchohol and sweets are killer). I need to tighten things up a bit and stay around 185 then will push for <180 this summer but frankly I'm at a good weight right now since I started at about 223.

My exercise has probably cut in 1/2 from where it was 2 months ago.

Best Wishes!

P.S. SGRes...definitely need to put yourself first and reprioritize. DO or DO NOT....you need to get tough on this. Also, exercise is a great way for you to realize just how much exercise you need to do to eat "that"...it makes you think twice.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:55 AM

437 posts, read 929,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
Anyone else looking to lose a few pounds? It would be nice to have another person to diet with. We could post what we are eating each day and what we are doing for exercise. We could also motivate each other and ask general diet questions. Anyone up for a weight loss challenge?
yeah maybe me i'm trying to lose weight i look gross and i just want abs like all the other guys i am 17 and weigh 231. how much is a 17 yr old supposed to weigh who hates almost all fruits and veggies??????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss