Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2008, 11:32 AM

2,091 posts, read 9,047,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
I am still looking for a solution to the sweet cravings? what is causing them, how to stop them? I feel like I could eat the whole bowl of halloween candy that my son has!!!!! help me....
Oh SG...isnt it hard when its all sitting RIGHT THERE in front of you, then you go to the store and its EVERYWHERE at like 90% off!!!!!
ive struggled w/that too......whats been helpful for me, is I go to our local candy store,(its called Cranberry Sweets and is DIVINE!!!) that does specialized candy (ya, its like 3 blocks away heaven help me!!) and I get some of their really really rich candy. Im a chocolate fanatic, and so I get stuff like their dark chocolate orange bark, in these little bags where you only get a few small pieces.( i have my bag right here, its 0.11oz and is broken into several small chunks) Its so rich, I CANT eat too much of it! Or I'll get a few of their truffles or assorted creams. Again, so incredibly rich, you can only eat a bit each time. Its totally saved me on my candy cravings. Ive heard others who like to do hard candies/suckers/that kinda thing, but I need something to bite into/melt in my mouth. anyhow, you might try that.
just dont do that AVOID ALL CANDY AT ALL COSTS cuz you'll probably totally lose it and mow down on it til its gone and your ill and guilty feelign. Indulge...in quality, not quantity...
Tiff
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 12:01 PM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffela74 View Post
ohhh...i dunno....you havent seen me load up my plate at thanksgiving!!! Oh how i love turkey, how i can eat it til i cant move, then try and fit just one more piece in. ...But I think i WILL take you up on that first suggestion. I'll do an awesome work out before, to get that metabolism awake, than after eating, a brisk walk.....i think im gonna just look more towards damage control before/after so I can just say the heck w/it and eat til Im happy. Its only one day, right?
I have visions of you wearing those pregnancy pants like Joey in the Thanksgiving episode of friends, eating an entire 25lb turkey by yourself.

Here is the trick, drink a nice big glass of water and have a bowl of unbuttered popcorn PRIOR to thanksgiving feast. That will fill you up a bit ahead of time.

Another option involves a shock collar and\or other restraints.

Old 11-03-2008, 12:02 PM

3,975 posts, read 7,692,255 times
"sg" - that's my biggest problem too! I crave chocolate, especially brownies! after I eat, I need the taste of something sweet. Maybe I will try brushing my teeth to get rid of that taste of savory food and needing to switch it to something sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
I am still looking for a solution to the sweet cravings? what is causing them, how to stop them? I feel like I could eat the whole bowl of halloween candy that my son has!!!!! help me....

Old 11-03-2008, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I have visions of you wearing those pregnancy pants like Joey in the Thanksgiving episode of friends, eating an entire 25lb turkey by yourself.
OMG!!! Yeah! Thats me!! LMAO!!!!

Old 11-03-2008, 06:04 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,340,538 times
Quote:

Hey, this is the forum for dieting, not dating

Old 11-04-2008, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frootloop6 View Post
Hey, this is the forum for dieting, not dating
LOL, well you just about made we spit up my OJ when I read that so now it's about dieting again lol.

Went to the gym last night, played about 30min full court basketball then another 25 or so on the elyptical. The evening crowd is so young and fast lol.....but I got a decent workout. Hoping to get back on my 2-3lbs a week pace. I seem to have hit a plateau, I may need to shock my system a bit.

Old 11-04-2008, 06:29 AM

3,975 posts, read 7,692,255 times
"mathguy" - just reading your posts makes me tired! You seem like a good candidate for that PX90, have you seen that? You must be in great shape by now! I wish you were a trainer!! , you also seem to have the energy and motivation factors that I am lacking!

Quote:
LOL, well you just about made we spit up my OJ when I read that so now it's about dieting again lol.

Went to the gym last night, played about 30min full court basketball then another 25 or so on the elyptical. The evening crowd is so young and fast lol.....but I got a decent workout. Hoping to get back on my 2-3lbs a week pace. I seem to have hit a plateau, I may need to shock my system a bit.

Old 11-04-2008, 06:30 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,646,444 times
I did pretty good all day yesterday, until about 8 p.m. then, I ate 4 halloween candies! I really wanted more, but stopped. I did put the bowl of candy up higher and out of sight. I am going grocery shopping this morning and plan on finding something good, tasty and healthy!

Old 11-04-2008, 09:01 AM

Stopping at 4 is pretty darn good SG!!! Now if you had said 4 BOWLS.......lol but 4 candies, not that much of a slip. You indulged a bit, then put it away. Thats a smart move.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:48 AM

Motivation Tip:

I have a list of weights on my dry-erase board starting when I was >220. I cross each one off as I hit them for motivation. So the board reads 220, 215, 210 etc. (You can use smaller increments like 2-3lbs if you aren't out to lose 50lbs like I am.)

Anyway, helps to motivate me to push through when I stall at a point....I crossed off 195 this morning after about 10+ weeks.

It's a little daunting though, I'm really happy I have lost >25lbs now just considering I STILL want to lose another 20ish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss