Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2008, 07:04 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,648,036 times

Advertisements

I found a couple of new workout shows on the fit tv channel. one is muscle endurance and the other is push pull. I am going to give one a try later this morning and again over the weekend! the weekends seem to be my hardest time. I need to find something else for a snack. I broke down last night and had some vanilla ice cream..the first in almost 2 mos. It was as if I didn't like ice cream anymore..it didn't even taste good to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 11:51 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Good job guys! Can I join in?

I started approx 9/1/08 and was 220.
I was 202 this morning.
Goal weight undetermined at this point, 180 is tentative. (170 would be optimal)

Old 10-20-2008, 02:48 PM

welcome mathguy! the more support the merrier!.. for some reason, I was up a little today. I have really been focused, so who knows why. I did extra exercise this morning and now my shoulder is killing me. I am really going to focus on quality food and good exercise and see what next monday's weigh in brings.

Old 10-22-2008, 07:49 AM

Went to the gym last night....30min on cardio and about 10min on weights. Would have liked to do more but had kids there with me and couldn't stay long. Seriously, it bugs me to put 30min in and know I'm really getting into the fat burn portion etc. and stopping.

I am trying to do 50-60min of cardio and 20min of weights but my endurance is not always up to doing that 4-5 days a week but making progress.

Once my weight plateaus I'm going to hire a personal trainer if I get stuck at like 190 etc.

Ugh, if you want motivation to work out...join a singles website and gauge the quality of contacts you get. If that doesn't send you running to the gym and salad bar, nothing will. >.<

Old 10-22-2008, 12:41 PM

i don't think that my husband would appreciate it if I went to a singles website! I just keep plugging along here at home. moderation is the key, and movement!!! glad to have you join us!

Old 10-23-2008, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
i don't think that my husband would appreciate it if I went to a singles website! I just keep plugging along here at home. moderation is the key, and movement!!! glad to have you join us!
LOL....no he wouldn't.

Went to the gym last night, did a full hour on the elyptical and burned 750+ cals. Salmon and some veggies for dinner. Legs are a bit tired and sore today so taking tonight off except for probably doing 30-45min or so of upper body free weights and crunches etc. I was just a shade over 200 this morning, yesterdays measure must have been heavy as my scale can be erratic by a lb. or so. So, I'm down 20lbs in 7 weeks or so and roughly about 1/2 way to goal more or less. Lost maybe 3-4 inches off my waist.

I really want to start playing more basketball but it's soooo hard on the body unless you are already in really good shape so I just play a little for now.

Old 10-24-2008, 03:23 AM

8 posts, read 16,372 times
Default Good tips to lose the weight

Hi
The good health is possible only when there is a balance diet and regular exercise.The balance diet you can have only when you have good diet so here is the site where i got benefited from the site and i would like to share the site is Weight Loss | Online Weight Loss Programs | Weight Loss Diet

Old 10-24-2008, 11:06 AM

542 posts, read 1,928,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathguy View Post
went to the gym last night....30min on cardio and about 10min on weights. Would have liked to do more but had kids there with me and couldn't stay long. Seriously, it bugs me to put 30min in and know i'm really getting into the fat burn portion etc. And stopping.

I am trying to do 50-60min of cardio and 20min of weights but my endurance is not always up to doing that 4-5 days a week but making progress.

Once my weight plateaus i'm going to hire a personal trainer if i get stuck at like 190 etc.

Ugh, if you want motivation to work out...join a singles website and gauge the quality of contacts you get. If that doesn't send you running to the gym and salad bar, nothing will. >.<

lol

Old 10-24-2008, 12:10 PM

I don't know about anyone else, but this week has been a struggle for me! really have the taste for sweets this week. It hasn't been like this in 6 weeks. I can't quite figure it out!!

Old 10-24-2008, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
I don't know about anyone else, but this week has been a struggle for me! really have the taste for sweets this week. It hasn't been like this in 6 weeks. I can't quite figure it out!!
I was *bad* last night...had a couple of just TOO delicious beers. Bunch of empty cals and carbs....oh well once in a while.

Have you been getting plenty of exercise? What are you doing?

Do you think its the cooler weather \ seasonal change that might be affecting your tastes? Most animals pack on weight for the winter...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss