Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 09:19 AM

2,091 posts, read 9,046,149 times

Advertisements

Thanks Christina. Sounds like you're still doing great! Especially with going to the gym! It would have been a lot easier for you to have said "Oh, its just one day and too short of time, Im gonna just skip it" but you didnt!!! You stuck to your guns and went anyhow! GREAT JOB!!
the thought of homemade chicken pot pie makes my mouth water!!!

For me, yesterday, for lunch I had a healthy request chicken/noodles/brocoli lunch w/ice water...went to work and coached for 6 hrs, thats gotta count for SOMETHING!! lol
came home at 830 for a late dinner of BBQ pork, small portion, no fat and was very well done so i think the calories mustve been cooked out of it! lol anyhow, side dish of cranberry sauce and again, ice water..indulgence of one chocolate chip cookie. Not much exersize at all after that, I took a hot bath and fell into bed...it had been a really long day at work.

So far today, I have only had water and PeptoBismo. Not feelin so hot. And have to go teach a mommy and me in a few short hours. Might try some dry cereal and maybe slow walk on the gazelle.....we'll see how it goes....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2008, 02:34 PM

3,131 posts, read 11,644,916 times
tiff, sorry you're not feeling good. I am not 100 percent either. kind of lightheaded and some mild vertigo. had a short nap this afternoon(10 whole minutes) did my 30 minutes of workout, had my eggwhite-broccoli breakfast, turkey burger with no bun for lunch with some pea pods. my big indulgence is my apple, cut up in a dish, with lowfat, sugar-free vanilla yogurt and some nuts! it was like eating a sunday. I just feel real sluggish and tired today, so I hope I am not coming down with something.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:54 AM

what happened to everyone? It was a busy weekend here. was forced into sampling some homemade pie at our farmer's market pie contest! boy, was it good. it kind of through me off my plan, but I jumped back on the wagon on sunday. exercised, played some basketball defense with my son and ate right. will really re-focus again this week. how about the rest of you?

Old 09-22-2008, 02:22 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,087,707 times
I was away all weekend. I weighed myself Friday morning and was down 3 lbs from when I started that last Sunday. I didn't get back home until this afternoon (today is Monday) and I will weigh myself tomorrow when I wake up. I was nervous I might overeat but I think I did okay over the weekend. My aunt tried to bail out on going to the gym today but I talked her into going, so we went.

sg - what kind of pie was it? pie sounds yummy... I hope you and tiff are feeling better today. Tonight my aunt is making ribs for dinner...I am grateful she is cooking but I think ribs are fatty so I don't plan on eating much of that.

Old 09-22-2008, 03:48 PM

I made a cherry pie..pitted those cherries myself. the winning pie was apple. boy was it good. the runner up was a rhubarb pie with a white icing. it was really good. I skpped the rest! just samples of those 3. but, I felt that pie all day long! I was down a 1/2 pound from last week. but got right back on track. I am determined to be down at least 25 pounds from where I started in january! maybe more..all by Christmas. Plus, with the exercise, I already feel better. Hope you had a good weekend away.

Old 09-22-2008, 09:46 PM

Wow, all kinds of pie! Sorry you didn't win, the cherry pie sounds good to me.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:00 PM

Where did ya'll go?
I weighed in today, I am 5 lbs down from Sunday of last week (9 days of dieting). I think that is good? of course I wish it were more, but realistically I think that's good.
Today for breakfast I had Special K w/ berries (finished the box, time for something new tomorrow), lunch was an onion bagel w/ ICBINbutter. Came home a little late for dinner from a class and was STARVING. My aunt made beef stew which I scarfed down, I would have did okay but I had about 3 pieces of bread with it when I should have just had 1, and then I had 1 oreo after dinner. Darn oreos. Still I was proud that I only had 1. All I ever drink is ice water and I generally have 1 diet soda per day. I suspect diet soda is poisonous but it helps me get through the afternoon when I crave a snack.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:09 PM

yummmmyy!!!! Id go for your cherry pie, ive always liked it better than apple.
I was away coaching a meet this weekend, didnt do too bad w/the diet. Couldnt exersize much, but was on my feet and on the go all day...of course, then my daughter did really well, so we went out to eat...she got a chocolate lava cake and i took about 5 bites.....oh bliss!!!! anyhow, did butt crunches for a good part of the drive home. lol
played some Wii on Sunday, took a 45 min. walk w/the little one, ate some turkey and cranberry sauce for dinner...
Monday, was doing good!!! Down to 149lbs!!!!! I was PUMPED!!!! went into work w/a great happiness, then within the first hour, tweaked my back. Big time. I am totally out of commission for exersize for a good week or so. Its agony just walking across the floor. So Im flat out,husband decides to go pick up dinner before i got home since he knew i was hurting bad, and whats he get me? A whopper w/cheese from BK....sigh....the good news is, where not very long ago, i wouldve mowed that down, plus fries, plus dessert, I ate about 1/2, like 3 fries, gave the rest to my son (who had wolfed down his and was eyeing mine anyhow) and had water, no dessert. So....could be worse?
whats funny too, is as i was eating it, I thought.."I'll have to post that I ate this on the forum!!!! For EVERYONE to see!!! YIPES!!!" lol
no dancing/pushups/or wall sits in the shower for awhile either now...sigh....injuries suck....
but hey, I think we're all on the right path...and I LOVE how we're all REAL people, sometimes we have days where we do it all right, and sometimes we slip a bit....but its all okay! We're gonna make this guys! I know we can!!
Keep up the awesome work, and hey, ya'll can split up my share of the exersizing here for awhile! lol
Tiff

Old 09-23-2008, 11:11 PM

OMG!!! GREAT JOB Christina!!!!!! That is TERRIFIC!!!!!!!!!!
(im doing a little happy dance w/my fingers right now for you...the rest of me doesnt move so well at the moment..)
YYEYEEEEEEAAAHHHH for you!

Old 09-24-2008, 07:05 AM

tiff. sorry to hear about your back. I know how bad that can be. I am really trying to stay as focused during the week as much as possible. I figure that way, maybe I can squeeze something special in on the weekend! yesterday was pretty tame, some cucumber, grilled chicken, fruit. Had to attend a social function, but they didn't have any really good for the appetizers. had a couple of mini quiche and 4 meatballs. I tried a bite of the bruschetta, but the tomato mixture was on the sweet side and didn't really appeal to me. so, instead of eating the whole piece, I stopped. I was pretty proud of myself for passing up the desserts because that was the best looking thing at the gathering. I drank only diet coke. no beer or wine!! I had to skip my regular exercise yesterday to attend a morning meeting. so it is back on track with the workout today. it helps chatting with you guys each day. I don't think my husband really gets it. he can not drink beer for a few days and drop 5 lbs!! if i think about a cookie or pie or cake, boom..i gain a pound.
I have come up with a good and healthy snack, though. It almost reminds me of a carmel apple..I cut up an apple, put a little bit of lowfat, sugar free vanilla yogurt on it and mix in some mixed nuts. it is really delicious and satisfying. the south beach diet really encourages eating some nuts each day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss