Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 09:35 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,087,707 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the encouragement Tiffany.

I had another good day today, I am really proud of myself, 2 good days in a row. I had Special K (the kind w/ strawberries) + skim milk + banana for breakfast. Then, around 10:30am, I got really hungry and ate an onion bagel (the prepackaged kind) with no topping, and a small serving of leftover pasta salad (what a combination). My aunt and I went to the gym at noon, it was my first time and it went well. I did 25 minutes on the treadmill, and then she showed me how to do different machines. The lightest weight on all but 1 was plenty! At the end I did 15 crunches, which was excruciating, but she suggested 15 so I made myself do it. I wasn't hungry for lunch after that. For dinner we made a salad w/ chicken strips (the prepackaged kind, I think Tyson), veggies and craisins and a vinegrette salad dressing. A few hours later I was hungry again. I knew that would happen...salads don't fill me up for long, I need something hot to feel full. So I toasted another onion bagel and put I Can't Believe It's Not Butter - Lite on it, maybe a serving and a half. My aunt got hungry but she ate potato chips - I was proud that I didn't touch them. Oh and I walked around the block after dinner, took my time and just enjoyed it.

sgresident, I have done that before, ate my normal meals but skipped the carb side dish (potato, rice, noodle, whatever) and lost weight that way. It's hard for me though because I love carbs, I can never do that for too long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 10:40 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,663,365 times
Well I started my diet today and I have stayed under my calorie total. Except right now I did have a little snack. The computer in the evening is my munchy time I will have to go buy some low cal snacks in the morning.

Old 09-16-2008, 06:34 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,644,916 times
christina, good job and keep it up. Sometimes, I think just getting moving is half the battle! I hate exercising, but I am determined to stick with it. cutting out the bad carbs is really difficult. reading that you had a bagel is making me drool! I will have a breakfast of some egg whites( I really don't like egg yolk) and some veggies. I am having lunch out today with some friends, so I will have to see what's on the menu. I am really trying to stay focused and talking it out each day with you guys is really helping me. my husband can't really relate!

Old 09-16-2008, 10:07 PM

Thanks! Did well but not as well today. Had Special K w/ red berries + a banana at breakfast, a chicken sandwich (deli sliced chicken breast) on wheat bread w/ mustard + a rice krispy treat for lunch, and too much lasagna for dinner. Probably had about double what I should have. Had a Smirnoff Ice Lite too, afterwards (I live with my aunt and she says we must drink on Tuesdays, who am I to argue? lol). It would have been perfect but for my overindulgence of the lasagna. But, I did walk at least twice as long as a normally do after dinner tonight, so I'm hoping that will compensate. Tomorrow will be my second day at the gym. My arms were sore today from yesterday's workout.

I'm going to visit friends over the weekend, and I'm a little nervous about overindulging. We usually eat out. I may offer to cook, so I am not tempted into eating too much. Restaurant portions are always so large; sometimes I am good and eat half, box the other half, but I don't always have such good self-control.

Old 09-16-2008, 10:57 PM

2,091 posts, read 9,046,149 times
Im with ya Christina...i did it again today Had KFC for lunch...sigh...so did a bunch of extra on the gazelle and extra sets on the crunches, but then what happens? Husband surprises me w/rotissaried game hen (yes, a whole one for each...) and an already opened bottle of Mikes hard berry...at least YOURS was light!!!! Ugh....
so, now im off to do extra AGAIN!!! on the gazelle and all....
For the eating out, try this....order what you want, but ask for a doggy bag/box WITH your meal when it gets there....then as soon as you get your plate, put 1/2 in the box immediatly.
That, or if a friend is maybe dieting too, split a meal.....Ive done that w/my friends before. Or even better, w/my kids. lol
Im putting up one of the very UNFLATTERING recent pics i have of myself up tomorrow for more encouragement.....on the fridge, or at the computer I think....
Youre doing really well though...Im totally impressed!!
SG...how did lunch out go for you today? And I understand about the lack of support from the spouse. My husband thinks this is all quite funny....he says "I still love you, even if you are squishy." .......squishy?!?! Not a great word I like to be described as! ugh...
Tiff
....squishy!?!?...sigh....

Old 09-17-2008, 09:07 AM

OP - asitshouldbe - how are you doing with your weight loss?

OMG Tiff - squishy!?! not nice!!!

Old 09-17-2008, 09:15 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,644,916 times
I was really a little worried yesterday! Had lunch out with friends. Really was pretty good though. the place was a nice restaurant and they had where you could get things ala carte. they had bowls of soup for only a buck, but none I liked. but you could get a house salad for a buck! they had mini sandwiches(sliders) I got the filet mignon mini for $4. It was really mini..I took the top bun off. the meat was perfect. my splurge was the bread and butter they brought to the table. it was a dark bread with raisins. had what amounted to a half slice. it was good.
later that day, I had a bowl of chili(homemade) I did measure it just to see how much the scoop was. 2 scoops was 1 cup.
went out with friends after a meeting last night to buffalo wild wings and chowed down on hot wings, but only had a diet soda. skipped the other appetizers that people had. weighed this morning and lost another 1/2 pound! was greatly relieved.
I have another event to attend tonight, so I have no idea what kind of food will be available. I did my 30 minutes exercise show this morning, but feel like a nap!

Old 09-17-2008, 11:13 AM

Congrads SG!!!!! eatin yummy and still losing the weight. hooorray
ya, i dont understand this where they say if you exersize, its supposed to give you all these boosts of energy....im always rather tired after I do it. sigh....

Breakfast...
1/2 granny smith apple, scrambled eggs w/a wee bit of cheese grated on em, and ice water.
when Im off of here, Im gonna try a mixup of cardio/strength i read about on MSN this morning. its like a min. of jogging, then a min of lunges, a min of flutter run, a min of squats, theres 5 rotations and you go through it 4times or so...it was on the msn home page, gotta find the link again...maybe msn health...
anyhow, we'll talk later.
hopefully soon, i will be less ...squishy...thats my anti splurge word now...when im tempted, im just gonna run that through my head again...it does rather kill off the urge to splurge. lol
GOOD LUCK ALL!!!!

Old 09-17-2008, 01:17 PM

OMG....made it through ONCE....barely....think im gonna die....reads so easy...i thought..Oh, I can do this prob. 5 times!! Im ready!!! okay, Once....barely...holy smokes!! and that was W/O weights! yipes!
anyhow, if anyone wants to check it out..heres the link..
Burn Fat Drop Pounds - MSN Health & Fitness - Fit Zone (http://health.msn.com/fitness/fit-zone/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100168570 - broken link)

Old 09-17-2008, 09:59 PM

SG - great job at that restaurant, you were smart in how you ordered and ate. Congrats on the weight loss too.

Tiff- I think I am going to have eggs tomorrow for breakfast; I haven't done that in a while and I have found that if I have eggs for breakfast, I feel really full. Good job on exercising too.

I think I had a good day today. Had my Special K w/ berries + banana for breakfast. Then at 10:30am had a bagel w/ ICBINButter because I knew I'd be going to the gym w/ my aunt at noon and then we would be going to get haircuts so I'd miss lunch, and I didn't want to die of starvation. At 11:15am I got a call for a job interview, they wanted me to come in today and I got really stressed out and ate a Rice Crispy treat. Went to the gym, did 15 minutes on the treadmill (would have done longer except I only had a certain amount of time, because of my haircut appointment) + the weights and crunches (the muscles over my breasts really hurt, ow). Got my haircut, ran home, drank a diet soda while I got ready for my interview. The interview was terrible, did not want the job at all. Had a Smirnoff Ice Lite upon my return home. For dinner, chicken pot pie. I had a normal serving and it was homemade, not that frozen kind with a ton of fat and calories, so I think I was okay. After dinner I walked around the neighborhood for a half an hour. I am going to weigh myself tomorrow and see how I'm doing so far; I last weighed myself Sunday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss