Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 10:42 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,087,707 times

Advertisements

tiff, congrats on the loss, sorry about the back! Back pain is so debilitating, forget exercising for the most part.

sg - good job avoiding those desserts, they are my week spot. That apple snack does sound good, I may try that.

I had a good day as far as eating and exercise goes. But the scale went out, and my aunt and I decided we would just start weighing ourselves at the gym on their scale. There scale says I weigh 6 lbs. more than what our home scale said...I know that technically nothing has changed but now I feel like I've made no progress. *sigh* It was really frustrating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 06:47 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,644,916 times
I hate the different scale effect! I am trying to focus on my positive accomplishments. It seems that in the past, I would just focus on what I did wrong. I think that each day that I eat healthy, exercise etc. is a positive day. When we keep stringing these days together, we know that sooner or later, good things will happen. I just know that being 50, makes it take so much longer!!! three cheers to us all for using the buddy system. Tiff, hope your back is improving!

Old 09-25-2008, 10:36 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,087,707 times
I felt bummed out again today because I put on my "fat" shorts, and they fit perfectly. *sigh* But I have been eating carefully and exercising for almost 2 weeks now, I know I just have to be patient and stick with it. Thanks sg.

Old 09-26-2008, 07:27 AM

I kind of splurged yesterday at lunch time. mostly healthy, but had a couple bites of some desserts! wasn't even hungry for dinner, so I just had my apple, yogurt and nut snack. was really full and slept like a baby last night! however, i feel like skipping my workout this morning, but know that i can't! let's hope to stay on track for the weekend. that seems to be the hardest thing to do!!!!

Old 09-30-2008, 07:27 AM

where have my buddies gone? for some reason, weekends are always difficult. did ok, lost 1/2 pound this week. still struggling to exercise etc.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:47 AM

christina and tiff...please come back! I know that you are out there. I hate being dumped..even if I don't really know you..just wanted to let you know that I went to the local fireman's pancake breakfast yesterday. had pancakes and sausage, with real syrup and butter. overall, though, it was still a good week lost 2 lbs. I have no idea how that happened as I didn't even exercise my normal amount. I am writing this hoping the two of you will come back.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:04 AM

2,091 posts, read 9,046,149 times
lol, I mustve heard your calling SG!!! lol
as ya'll know, I hurt my back, well, its better now. Actually, it healed up a lot faster than I thought it would! BUT....(yes, always a but, eh?) I rather quickly got back into the "NO EXERSIZE" route. /AND to make matters even worse, I had a major meltdown and made an orangepeel cake w/chocolate fudge frosting (i dont even want to GUESS how many calories per bite!!)But, little DM from SG, and a really rude myspace header from my ex's girlfriend has gotten me back on track. (or at least headed for that wagon!) Soooooo......this yesterday, I walked the mall w/my little one, did 45min. on the gazelle, my dancing and pushups in the shower, and the basic around the house exersize movements. I got on the scale for the first time since i hurt myself, totally expecting to have gone back to my starter weight, and lo and behold, Im actually a pound less than I was at my last weighin! So, thats some awesome motivation for me! I was hyped.
hey SG, maybe calories dont count when youre supporting a great thing like that! eh? lol
I agree to, weekends are the hardest! I blame it on my husband who just sits around and eats...bugger!

Old 10-06-2008, 08:43 AM

glad you are feeling better and glad to have you back! I knew if I kept bugging you, you'd come back!!!

Old 10-08-2008, 11:31 AM

2,091 posts, read 9,046,149 times
lol thanks.
well, ive been doing better again...mostly....Ive been doing my gazelle at least 2 30min. bursts each day, my shower exersizes. lol and the other little stuff....havent been very good on the food though..sigh...i had a salad last night...and a bbq steak...glass of lemonaide and some bacon this morning, but am now feeling so guilty, as soon as im done w/this post, im gonna exersize extra.
sigh.....
gotta get back on the right track....besides, talk about out of the mouths of babes...i was at work yesterday, and talking over w/the kids about costumes....theres a meet coming up that for the marchout, well all dress up for. Kids and coaches both. lots of ideas flowing for the kids, then one of the little darlings pipes up and says "I know what YOU should be Coach!!! You should be a PUMPKIN!!!" ..........
uhhhh...ya, im gonna go exersize now.....
Tiff

Old 10-08-2008, 02:29 PM

what are your shower exercises? when I am in the shower, I just relax and enjoy the hot water! I ate quite a bit yesterday, but jumped back on the wagon. however, I was down in the dumps this morning and didn't exercise. I had some disturbing news about a friend..she was in the hospital because she just lost the sight in one eye. they determined she didn't have stroke, but don't know what is wrong. also, she said they did a bunch of mri's and found some spots they want to biopsy in her neck. she is also 50, so it really gets you thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss