Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2008, 06:33 PM

78,352 posts, read 60,556,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmallie View Post
I was on anti deppresants for almost a year and a half , and went off them a few months back, but that didnt agrivate the situation, I guess I have always been an emotional eater,my mom was an active alcoholic for many years she was almost 20 years sober before she past away, but I must have the tendencies to use food rather than alcohol
the mind set I gave myself last time I lost the weight is
That nobody but you can change you!!
So I guess I have to work myself into a I can do it mode.
You can do it! Use that awesome grand-daughter as motivation! I channeled my frustration and anger over a bad situation in the past to completely re-do my eating and exercise habits and they are now permanent.

Everyone's goal should be a permanent lifestyle change....then it's not effort, it's just how you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 12:11 AM

2,091 posts, read 9,046,633 times
well, no exersize for me this weekend...sigh....
I had a 2hr drive Sat. to coach a meet, although I think I burned a bunch of calories from stress at the meet, then the pure excitement of how great my own daughter did in it! lol Then, the 2hr drive home, where i met up w/my family including my FIL who was here for the weekend, and we all went out to a steakhouse....ya, i splurged...a big ole ribeye, (but i did have fresh green beans w/it!!!) and a spanish coffee...Just one, even though I truly did want another!! Got up and made blueberry pancakes for breakfast, but was standing while i ate mine since i was also the one making them for everyone! Some leftover steak for lunch, and then....this is the HUGE BAD TERRIBLE thing i did.... I proceeded to eat not just one...but 3, yes, count em, 3 rice crispy treat bars. sigh.....
to burn some of that off, i took my oldest daughter to the mall and followed her around for about 2 hrs. Not enough, i know, but its some serious penance!
tomorrow, is a new day. One w/o family here for the weekend, so I know I have no excuse. Must burn off all those treats I overindulged in.

BTW, YoungLisa, I spent about an hour going through your house posts...only made it to about page 25 lol. What an incredible journey!!! Im totally impressed! and i have to say, you look absolutly fit in the few pics you got caught in!

MathGuy, way to go in getting back on track. Youve got great ambitions and your on a real roll...I have total faith in you accomplishing your weight goal on time!!

SG...WHERE ARE YOU?

GrandMallie...WELCOME!!!! You CAN do this....start w/something small. My start was cutting out sodas and replacing them w/water. Its one Ive really stuck with for months now. Its always good to get going w/those smaller goals that you can hang onto.

I think we totally lost a few others.... (I swear, I did NOT eat them...)

Old 11-10-2008, 06:57 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,645,771 times
Hi everyone! and welcome grandmallie! was busy again this weekend. Ate way too much. Our son was in the chicago area playing football for college. went to meet up with some of the other parents who were in from out-of-town. went to Giordano's had a delicous Bergdorf red ale! along with stuffed pizza(I was stuffed after only 1 slice). the next day was the tailgate before the game. Made a crockpot full of mostacholli(spelling). had that and some coffee with bailey's, hot choc with schapps and a dessert. It was cold at the game!!! Saturday night, we ate our leftover stuffed pizza..only 1 slice, but it was soooo good. Sunday, we did housework, raked piles of leaves etc. in the cold weather. didn't do any structured exercise. must get back on the exercise wagon this morning! tried to eat somewhat healthy at the rest of my meals. I am too scared to get on the scale. I think I will give myself a couple of structured days and will weigh myself on wed this week! I just hope it isn't too awful!!!!

Old 11-10-2008, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
Hi everyone! and welcome grandmallie! was busy again this weekend. Ate way too much. Our son was in the chicago area playing football for college. went to meet up with some of the other parents who were in from out-of-town. went to Giordano's had a delicous Bergdorf red ale! along with stuffed pizza(I was stuffed after only 1 slice). the next day was the tailgate before the game. Made a crockpot full of mostacholli(spelling). had that and some coffee with bailey's, hot choc with schapps and a dessert. It was cold at the game!!! Saturday night, we ate our leftover stuffed pizza..only 1 slice, but it was soooo good. Sunday, we did housework, raked piles of leaves etc. in the cold weather. didn't do any structured exercise. must get back on the exercise wagon this morning! tried to eat somewhat healthy at the rest of my meals. I am too scared to get on the scale. I think I will give myself a couple of structured days and will weigh myself on wed this week! I just hope it isn't too awful!!!!
I used to live in Downers Grove and worked in the loop for 8 years prior to moving....Giordano's pizza is like sex with toppings lol... It is a good thing I can't get there much anymore, it's my kryptonite. lol

Old 11-12-2008, 07:18 AM

Ok, yesterday had a banana and some cheerios (no milk) for breakfast along with a diet coke or two for my AM caffeine.

Lunch: Large sandwich, Tuna Fish on wheat with lots of veggies thrown on and a couple pickles.

Dinner: Some wheat thins and slices of turkey...also a big orange.

Exercise: 50 minutes on elyptical step with intensity....calorie burn read close to 700...did it on difficulty level 11-12 so I was pushing pretty hard and not just plodding along.
Another 15min of weights after that but I was pretty beat from the cardio stuff so I didnt do as much as I wanted.

<191lbs this morning...I should be crossing 190 by Friday...on goal.

Old 11-12-2008, 10:28 AM

3,663 posts, read 8,663,868 times
I'm baaack, I have been really busy lately but I have lost 7 pounds since I started this thread. Not easy! Everyone keep up the good work.

Old 11-12-2008, 12:12 PM

2,091 posts, read 9,046,633 times
welcome back Asitshouldbe...youve started a great thing!! And congrads on the 7lbs weightloss!!!! That is simply wonderful!!

Great Job Mathguy...i think youre my weightloss hero...

Old 11-12-2008, 08:43 PM

3,131 posts, read 11,645,771 times
Glad to hear from you again..asitshouldbe! as you can see, we took your ball and ran with it! I have been struggling with the same 3 lbs for about 3 weeks. I am up and down and up and down..not bad for someone who doesn't like roller coasters. I just need to tell myself that the really good thing is being down either 17 or 20 (depends on the day) for the whole year!!! I would like to make it to 25 by christmas, but these 3 don't want to let go and my cravings have possessed me!!!

Old 11-13-2008, 02:21 AM

12 posts, read 33,447 times
A weight loss buddy can be a great aid to motivation. This is someone to encourage you, commiserate with you, and help you to stay the course.

Old 11-13-2008, 05:14 AM

425 posts, read 1,104,792 times
Default And Im back

havent really motivated myself to do anything yet
I get fast food once a week, but Im cutting that out, I dont eat as much sweets,I ususally have a cranberry english muffin and tea in the am.
I havent been motivated to excersize though.here in connecticut it has been crappy weather,
me and the dh did walk a mile last weekend down near the ocean
I just wish I lived closer so that I could enjoy it more
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss