Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 10:01 AM

437 posts, read 929,695 times

Advertisements

at least my mom got me sumthin good... Slim Fast! tastes so good. when i thought it would taste gross
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 11:24 AM

2,091 posts, read 9,046,633 times
sigh....im sorry.... it has NOT been going good.
I hadnt been eating breakfast on a regular basis,but kept reading that I should....so, i started to. Not a huge one,but typically like this
couple piece of bacon w/the grease removed (dry em on a rack, then fold em in a paper towel) some fruit, sometimes egg or toast. With water or lemonaid. Everything else, kept bout the same, med. lunch, smallish dinner, fitting in exersize when/where i can. Waited a week+ before getting on the scale. And had GAINED!!! Up to 148lbs from 142!!! OMG!!! WTF!?!? I was soooo mad!!! And its NOT muscle, because I had noticed my pants getting tighter again. And no, its not the monthly curse gain...this is typically my lower weight time of the month. Im really really really frusterated now!!! I feel like, all this work, all this dieting, for NOTHING. Took me forever to get down to that 142, and now, Im back up 6lbs that fast and not sure why.
I am NOT a good weighloss buddy today...

Old 01-22-2009, 07:00 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,645,771 times
Mathguy..thanks for chiming in. I did re-start my exercise too. obviously since I am in the 50 and over group, I have to start slow. I did the exercise bike two day, then an exercise video yesterday. I haven't done anything yet this morning, but plan to. Tif..just pick yourself up and start again. that is the joy of it all. put yesterday behind you and only look ahead.
icolt1..you didn't say how tall you are! and the types of things you do. I have a 20 year old, who is 6'4" and weighs about 230. he is a football player and lifts weights etc. I have a 14 year old, who is 5'11" and weighs 159.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:02 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,346,329 times
Is there room for one more?!

I need to lose 25-30 lbs. I have started back last week. I cannot wait til summer comes! It is so dreary out and black out by 5pm lol..I have no energy!!!!!!!!

I've lost 3 lbs. so far!! but now I have to eat better. I am trying some weight watchers foods..................

I am trying to get up to 3-4 mi. a day 3 x a week on the treadmill....and Denise Austin's daily workout on a DVD I started doing....

Old 01-23-2009, 07:29 AM

78,364 posts, read 60,556,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Is there room for one more?!

I need to lose 25-30 lbs. I have started back last week. I cannot wait til summer comes! It is so dreary out and black out by 5pm lol..I have no energy!!!!!!!!

I've lost 3 lbs. so far!! but now I have to eat better. I am trying some weight watchers foods..................

I am trying to get up to 3-4 mi. a day 3 x a week on the treadmill....and Denise Austin's daily workout on a DVD I started doing....
Male\Female...young\old....it doesn't matter....get some weights involved too.
Weights burn calories, tone you and build muscle that burns fat even when you are doing nothing. :-)

You can get some hand weights and one of those rubber exercise balls for <$50 easily and that will have a major major impact as well and can be done right there while watching TV.

Old 01-23-2009, 04:47 PM

I cannot believe how easy it is to get sidetracked. so much for putting myself first. I ended up going out to lunch 3 times this week! This never happens. The first day, I did great. had broiled fish with broc...no alcohol, no potato, no bread. Yesterday, again, did pretty good. Had lunch at Panera Bread(you must know how hard it is to not eat the bread there!) had a cup of soup and small salad. put the bread in my pocket and brought it home for my son!!! Today..not so lucky. was at a meeting that went kind of long and the ladies are..Let's go to lunch now. yeah...why didn't I just say no? There just were no good choices at a reasonable price. I chose the cup of soup(chicken noodle) and tuna salad sandwich. it came with chips..had to eat some cuz I was still hungry!!! And I already know that the weekend will be messed up because my son is in a basketball tournament and we know how food choices are at these things..pizza, hotdogs, popcorn!! oh, my..help...

Old 01-24-2009, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Male\Female...young\old....it doesn't matter....get some weights involved too.
Weights burn calories, tone you and build muscle that burns fat even when you are doing nothing. :-)

You can get some hand weights and one of those rubber exercise balls for <$50 easily and that will have a major major impact as well and can be done right there while watching TV.
I've got the hand weights *8 lb. ones..for each arm....* I see her DVD has a toning muscles/weights section so I will be doing it!! thanks MAthguy!

Old 01-24-2009, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
I cannot believe how easy it is to get sidetracked. so much for putting myself first. I ended up going out to lunch 3 times this week! This never happens. The first day, I did great. had broiled fish with broc...no alcohol, no potato, no bread. Yesterday, again, did pretty good. Had lunch at Panera Bread(you must know how hard it is to not eat the bread there!) had a cup of soup and small salad. put the bread in my pocket and brought it home for my son!!! Today..not so lucky. was at a meeting that went kind of long and the ladies are..Let's go to lunch now. yeah...why didn't I just say no? There just were no good choices at a reasonable price. I chose the cup of soup(chicken noodle) and tuna salad sandwich. it came with chips..had to eat some cuz I was still hungry!!! And I already know that the weekend will be messed up because my son is in a basketball tournament and we know how food choices are at these things..pizza, hotdogs, popcorn!! oh, my..help...
Stay away from Panera LOL>.>>>It is full of hidden calories..You would be surprised at the calories in a salad!!! it is crazy!!
Oh and the sandwiches equate to one half the sandwich for 900-1000 calories...one half not the whole sandwich!!
It is hard. I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just tryto get back on track.

Old 01-25-2009, 02:25 PM

78,364 posts, read 60,556,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
I've got the hand weights *8 lb. ones..for each arm....* I see her DVD has a toning muscles/weights section so I will be doing it!! thanks MAthguy!
I have gone to "maintain" at this point and really don't work out as much anymore. Generally a nice good cardio playing basketball on Sunday mornings and then some weight lifting during the week just 10min or so here and there using hand weights and an exercise ball. Basically, it keeps me toned. :-)

I probably should be doing more, I've gotten a little lazy with the whole maintenance thing but as long as my weight etc. are good I guess Im ok. Just goes to show what a good usage of weights to build muscle helps A LOT with maintenance.

Old 01-25-2009, 09:29 PM

I have been doing ok on the eating..and choosing better foods..it is the exercising that I cannot motivate myself into doing. I decided it was time to make a bunch of medical check ups to start the year off right. hopefully, I can get some answers to things that have been really bugging me for a while..being 50 it is the menopause stuff creeping up. I had hoped that it would go without incident, but no such luck. I hope if I can get a handle on this, the weightloss and motivation will come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss