Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 08:53 PM

2,091 posts, read 9,048,239 times

Advertisements

Sg....lol, i totally know what you mean about the games!! I coach girls gymnastics, and our season starts in just under 2 weeks...you'd think the food choices would be better, but Nooo.....same as youve got...pizza, nachos, hotdogs, that stuff...sigh. Plus of course, travel food too, Im just hoping the stress of the competition will burn more calories!! lol Doesnt help too, often times other parents want us to go out to celebrate or eat out w/em. (my little daughter is on the team too and of course w/her pleading as well...) sigh.....
BUT, ive cut the breakfast back out again, tomorrow i will weigh myself again, but I think im getting back down again, because Ive noticed ive more energy, and dont nibble as much throught the day when i dont eat breakfast...how messed up am I? lol
and I agree too with you, its the exersizing thats hard to keep doing!! I found myself complaining mightily to myself OUTLOUD in the shower today as I struggled through w/some squats and some lazy woman dancing. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 07:07 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,648,036 times
I think it is the horrible winter weather that has me down. I just want to curl up under a blanket and read a book or watch tv! I am doing pretty well on the healthy eating. my only breakdown has been some popcorn with real butter last night. I am really hungry right this minute, so I have to go and find some breakfast. I am thinking some grapefruit to start, then some scrambled eggs! we have these grapefruit delivered through the mail and they are the best grapefruit I have ever eaten. they are texas ruby red from the Red Cooper company. this is the 4th winter we have been getting them and they are great!

Old 01-28-2009, 12:01 PM

ohhhhhh....rubyreds and some scrambled eggs, now that DOES sound good! but no, im staying AWAY from breakfast!!!! Like i said before, i gained gained and gained some more when i started eating bf. and now....i weighed myself this morning.....and............................142lbs! !! yeah!!! So, Im back to where I was a few weeks ago, and trying hard not to be frustrated about where I couldve/shouldve been. that time of the month is coming verry soon for me, and Im hoping i dont totally blow it w/my massive chocolate and red meat cravings when its here.....
im thrilled cuz i havent had pop again since my last post. No cravings for it either thank goodness! tea in the morning, and then just water water and more water. had lemonaide a short time back, and was having at least one glass a day, then i got smart and checked the calorie content of it! Holy Smokes, it was almost as much as a glass of Sprite!!! darn it. IM still going to have some occasionally, i hear it fights back kidney stones. And Id rather suck up those calories than get kidney stones again any day!!!
Enjoy your grapefruits SG!!! Those I hear are WELL worth the cost! And if you can find something lowfat good for you that actually tastes good, well, IMO thats worth bout anycost anyhow!!

Old 01-29-2009, 11:02 AM

tif, glad you are doing so well. I would not be able to post my weight anywhere!!! I did breakdown and have some ice cream last night, but that was my first treat in almost 2 weeks. I am wondering how I will make it through the super bowl, which is usually our pig out day! I am thinking of making some chili, and just letting my family eat the other junk!!

Old 02-01-2009, 07:15 PM

i think i posted too soon....back at 144lbs. sigh...you wouldnt thnk that a few pounds would make/break my day, but....ya'll know!!!
i am proud of myself for keeping off the soda. I havent had any for quite a while now. My downfall was my sweets during this last week. (ya, my time started the day after i posted last! go figure, i jinxed myself. lol) anyhow, I was sitting there, eating my hot out of the oven choco chip cookies (at least they were cheater ones, I didnt make em myself, I bought those break and bake ones) and the husband looks at me and says "Jeez, THOSE sure wont help your diet any!!! There gonna make you FAT!" so I looked at him, w/my cookie firmly in my hand, and said "No, right now, they are going to keep us MARRIED and you UnHARMED!!!" I have a really hard time parting from my yummies as it is...add in a period and we have issues.
but, I had a hardboiled eggs for lunch (3 of them) and just spent the last hour and a half mopping the mats at the gym. My arms are shaking!! But I kept thinking the whole time "calories a burnin baby!!" lol I also put my 7yr old up in what we call the Tower. Its a 70ft high rig up w/a belt harness. You put the kids in it, and haul em up over the trampolines. They can then safely learn flipping/spinning and such. Well, a good 20min of yanking her up and down and up and down and up and down.....more calories burned.
Tonight is taco night....i vetoed the chips, bought extra lean beef, and extra veggies to put in. Taco night is the only night i truly sorely miss my Henrys Root Beer. An icy cold one always was good w/spicy tacos....sigh.....oh well.

So SG...how did you make it through the superbowl munchies???? I was thinkin bout you today!

Old 02-02-2009, 07:03 AM

Hey Tif! I think I did ok yesterday. we stayed home and did our own snack fiesta. cooked our own wings etc. I had only 4 chicken wings, one cheese stick, 1 cream cheese stuffed fried jalapeno, a couple of onion rings and this mexican tacquito-like thing. that was it. no beer, no cookies. I would have killed for those hot out-of-the-oven choc. chip cookies. I am glad I didn't make any(because I do have them in the frig!) I ate pretty healthy during the day leading up to the snackfest, so I don't feel too awful about the day. although, I haven't weighed myself today yet either. Let's try to keep the positive vibe going!!!!

Old 02-02-2009, 08:01 AM

Hey Good for you!!!!!! You should be very proud of yourself for the control.

Old 02-03-2009, 06:50 AM

I am really mad today!!!! I had some bloodwork done last week for my physical next week and the results say that my cholesterol is through the roof and the LDL is high too. My thyroid is again out-of-whack..too low (of course about 8 mos ago, they lowered my thyroid dose!). Plus, I am menopausal!!!! No wonder I feel so crappy! I have been eating better, have lost about 14 lbs since last january.. and exercise(sporadically) yet, my numbers are worse than they were in August. I just can't even imagine what the doctor will have to say when I go in next week. So, I guess I am an emotional eater, because I had cookies yesterday because of this! what a goofball I am. I guess I am getting ahead of myself with all of this. I am going to do some checking, so I can have some questions prepared for the doctor when I go.

Old 02-04-2009, 10:14 PM

Im so sorry SG!! Thats just maddening! Thats totally terrific though, that youve lost 14lbs since last Jan (Im assuming you ment a year ago Jan, not last month? cuz if you ment last month Im gonna be REALLY envious! )
anyhow, I hope your Dr has good news! Maybe you just need to eat more Cheerios.
I cheated last night....had a package (yes, that means BOTH) of snowballs. You know, those hostess yummies, little choco cakes w/a bit of whipping in em and they are covered w/a marshmellow then coated in Coconut. wow.....its even worse when I write it all out!! lol so...sigh..bad me. (as i choke another celery stick down)
but lets keep hangin in there. More good happening than bad, right?
Tiff

Old 02-05-2009, 11:41 AM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
I am really mad today!!!! I had some bloodwork done last week for my physical next week and the results say that my cholesterol is through the roof and the LDL is high too. My thyroid is again out-of-whack..too low (of course about 8 mos ago, they lowered my thyroid dose!). Plus, I am menopausal!!!! No wonder I feel so crappy! I have been eating better, have lost about 14 lbs since last january.. and exercise(sporadically) yet, my numbers are worse than they were in August. I just can't even imagine what the doctor will have to say when I go in next week. So, I guess I am an emotional eater, because I had cookies yesterday because of this! what a goofball I am. I guess I am getting ahead of myself with all of this. I am going to do some checking, so I can have some questions prepared for the doctor when I go.
Hey, keep positive...you are 14lbs. lighter than last January...proof positive that you CAN make changes!

The last 2 weeks have been *wierd* for me. Having some girlfriend issues and related stress...seems like we have it worked out now but just SO many huge changes in my life over the past year and I'm a bit frazzled right now.

Anyway, I haven't been working out much but stressed means nervous stomach and less eating. Finally went to the gym last night for the first time in over a week and came back weighing 180lbs. WOW. That's about what I weighed in my mid 20's. Keep in mind that a couple of years ago I peaked at 240lbs and this past summer I was 223lbs when I started my lifestyle change.

Basically, I'm going to get my eating balanced again and make sure I'm not neglecting the gym...and just keep working on getting adjusted to my new life.

<sorry for the novel>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss