Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2008, 06:52 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,644,298 times

Advertisements

Went out last night and had a delicious coffee beverage! It included amaretto and kalua!!!and whipped cream. Had to have it...it was freezing here. back on track,(hopefully) today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 07:28 AM

78,347 posts, read 60,539,645 times
188lbs. Goal....somewhere 175ish. (35lbs lost, 5 inches lost off waist)

Met with a trainer last night, going to do 3 sessions with her to learn some new exercises etc. that will help me get the most out of my time spent.

23% body fat using calipers....I knew I had some meat on me still but not that much...looking to get down another 13lbs or so and with weights drop that to perhaps 15% body fat at which point I'd be pretty ripped up.

REALLY need to hit the gym tonight as I have missed the last 2 days now due to work and the trainer meeting and I haven't missed 3 straight days in months.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:35 AM

you are inspirational! I think maybe I will ask for some sessions with a trainer for a christmas gift! but the idea of a trainer kind of scares me!!! I am so out of shape, even with exercising on my own.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
you are inspirational! I think maybe I will ask for some sessions with a trainer for a christmas gift! but the idea of a trainer kind of scares me!!! I am so out of shape, even with exercising on my own.
Thankyou!

Well, ask yourself what you need a trainer for?
I don't need help with motivation or eating healthy...or getting to the gym...I just want expert advice on areas I can work on and exercises that will provide efficient results and variety.

Some of the group exercise classes might be good? Motivates you to go, meet supporting people in the same boat etc?

Old 11-22-2008, 11:10 AM

2,091 posts, read 9,045,748 times
Ive been kinda off and on, not too good w/the consistant exersizing, but a bit better w/portion control. So, Im fortunate not to have GAINED any weight recently! I actually lost 1lb. So, Im at 144lbs. Only 24 to go....sigh. Those lbs sure were a lot easier to put on then they are to take off!!!!! sheesh. I have to start journaling again. Including holding myself accountable for putting down the exersizing. (can I write in that the guilt is getting to me as I type so Im doing the butt/thigh clenches right now? Does that count??? )
So far today, just hot tea.....I think I'll go have a nonfat motz cheese stick....

Old 11-22-2008, 07:09 PM

tiff, glad to hear from you! I have been just terrible. on a sweets binge again for no apparent reason. I have not had one ounce of focus lately! I keep saying I am getting back on track, then seem to derail faster than a freight train!

Old 11-23-2008, 04:26 PM

I hear ya SG!!!! But come on, we can do this!!! I know we can!! we just got to figure out what will work for us personally....
okay, for honesties sake, heres what ive had today....
2 manderine oranges and 2 mini sausage buiscuts w/the top bread removed...1 bottle water
2 pieces of banquet chicken w/1 glass of sprite (bad bad bad!!!)
a cup of sunflower seeds, non shelled...
and ive sat on my butt all day.....
wow...that was a bit embarrassing....even more so when I hit the reply button and its there for all to read! But hey, maybe i can shame myself back on track....

SG..did you ever try getting some really rich candies that might satisfy that sweet tooth more?

Old 11-24-2008, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffela74 View Post
Ive been kinda off and on, not too good w/the consistant exersizing, but a bit better w/portion control. So, Im fortunate not to have GAINED any weight recently! I actually lost 1lb. So, Im at 144lbs. Only 24 to go....sigh. Those lbs sure were a lot easier to put on then they are to take off!!!!! sheesh. I have to start journaling again. Including holding myself accountable for putting down the exersizing. (can I write in that the guilt is getting to me as I type so Im doing the butt/thigh clenches right now? Does that count??? )
So far today, just hot tea.....I think I'll go have a nonfat motz cheese stick....
Keep it up! I upped calories last week and for the first time in 14weeks or so lost no weight. I was feeling tired and was actually concerned I might be losing weight too fast as I got closer to goal. Also, working in a lot more weight training. (But mainly just a little nervous about losing too fast and overall health\energy.)

So, going for about 1.5lbs lost each week until Christmas which should see me to about 180 by new years.

Old 11-24-2008, 05:44 PM

Today I had my leftovers, from breakfast out on sunday..scrambled eggs with bacon and spinach,with coffee. for lunch, mac and cheese from a box. some rasberries and blackberries with cream for a snack. 5 pcs of candy(really didn't like them, so won't eat any more!). dinner was chicken kiev with broccoli cheese rice-a-roni, skim milk and broccoli.

Old 11-24-2008, 10:30 PM

looks like you had a pretty good day there SG.
dang mathguy,I still think it sounds like youre doin good!

Lets see, today,
1 mandarine orange and water for breakfast
1 sandwich on wheat bread w/lowfat mayo and that sliced deli ham for lunch - water
than about 1/2 a cornish game hen, bowl of broccoli and a few bites of cranberry sauce for dinner, w/a splurge of a glass of sprite.
so....not too terrible bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss