Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2008, 06:47 AM

78,352 posts, read 60,556,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
Glad to hear from you again..asitshouldbe! as you can see, we took your ball and ran with it! I have been struggling with the same 3 lbs for about 3 weeks. I am up and down and up and down..not bad for someone who doesn't like roller coasters. I just need to tell myself that the really good thing is being down either 17 or 20 (depends on the day) for the whole year!!! I would like to make it to 25 by christmas, but these 3 don't want to let go and my cravings have possessed me!!!
Take one day and semi-fast, maybe 1/2 your calorie intake...just to shock your system a bit. Also, get in one good hard workout that day. I guarantee that will blast you past the sticking point. I did this a bit ago when I got hung up at 194....I was 190 this morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2008, 07:17 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,644,916 times
thanks. I will give it a try! however, I can't do it today..I have to attend my regular monthly chamber of commerce luncheon. you never know ahead of time what it on the menu! and these gloomy days are really wearing me out. I am also wondering about vitamin supplements? I really hate multi-vitamins, but I guess I should start taking one.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:05 AM

2,091 posts, read 9,046,633 times
I'll trade ya SG...I have to go in and teach a Mommy and Me gymnastics class this morning. ugh...team kids, not prob. Mommy and me...yipes!!! Ive been really lazy though, so I think I'll take advantage of an empty gym afterwards and jump on the trampolines for a bit.....its great fun for about 2 minutes, then its a heck of a leg workout!!! That'll get the heart pumping and the calories burning!
Im debating about trying a gentle cleanse again. I tried the one from Slimfast a few months ago, and it helped, but I cant take it the full 7 days. About 3 Im okay, then it starts making me terribly crampy and ill. sigh...I think its the sienna (or however thats spelled) that does me in, .but it did jumpstart my weight loss. Does anyone know any other natural ones that are quick, easy, cheap and wont make me feel like ive got food poisioning? Im up for any suggestions.

Hey SG, could you have SAD? ever check into that? I live here along the Oregon Coast, and hear a lot about it (usually from people who DONT live here oddly enough..) but I hear supplements and/or certain lamps can help. I keep a lot of summery smells around me, like citrus or strawberry lotions, same w/candles, and sometimes cocunut. Mabye the smells are enough to trick me into a summertime mood. I love to do my walking along the beach, but cant most of the time in these months mostly cuz of work/school stuff, so Ive picked a few shows each day where I march along while I watch. Might try that? (even more fun during commercial breaks, thats double time time. jumping jacks, skipping, quick jumps....you know.

Old 11-13-2008, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
thanks. I will give it a try! however, I can't do it today..I have to attend my regular monthly chamber of commerce luncheon. you never know ahead of time what it on the menu! and these gloomy days are really wearing me out. I am also wondering about vitamin supplements? I really hate multi-vitamins, but I guess I should start taking one.
Oh, you really need to be taking a vitamin IMO. I take a Costco brand (Kirkland) multi-vitamin about 5 days a week. I also take a tylenol some mornings to help with aches and pains from workouts. Just put it in your office etc. at work and it will be there right in front of you.

Definitely do it, when you get hungry....go work out and it will stuff the cravings too on that day.

Old 11-14-2008, 11:11 AM

thanks mathguy. i will work on the vitamin thing.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:20 PM

Update, I gave blood a month ago, the report came in the mail today and cholesterol was in the "good" range where >3 months ago it was in the VERY bad range...down at least 60pts. :-)

Worked out tonight, weights and 35-40min of cardio after that. Going to lift again and do cardio tomorrow. Having a delicious Harp beer as i type this....reward for a damn fine day. ;-)

Old 11-15-2008, 07:26 AM

congrats mathguy. you deserve the beer!

Old 11-16-2008, 11:24 AM

50,351 posts, read 63,939,201 times
I'm starting WW online today (again). Already today I've been reminded that cheese is not my friend. Keeping the online food diary is a real eye opener.
Bless our hearts, and pass the fiber.

Old 11-16-2008, 11:46 AM

welcome gentlearts! the journaling has been my biggest success. I think I will return to it beginning bright and early tomorrow! Plus, i am going to do my best to remain stress-free this upcoming holiday season. I started my shopping online. at this point, I would rather pay some of the shipping fees, than go store to store. also, I don't have many items to buy...no clothes or anything like that.
Plus, i am still working on the vitamin thing! also, our fresh grapefruit arrived in the mail. they are the best ruby red grapefruit I have ever eaten. this is the third or fourth winter that we have been having them delivered. If you haven't heard of Red Cooper, fruit from texas, you should check it out.
they are a little expensive, but really sweet and juicy.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:51 AM

SG - Good work with the diet journal! Good tips too!
Gentle - Welcome!

Worked out Fri and Sat, a bit more on the weights than cardio. Ate reasonably.
Had a Saturday date that involved a good meal and about 3-4 beers over the course of the night but what the heck I work out and watch myself so that I can do things like this from time to time and enjoy them guilt free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss