Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 10:43 AM

53 posts, read 566,060 times

Advertisements

Looking for recommendations. Which powder is best for meal replacement when I'm too lazy to make something to eat.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 02:36 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,531,028 times
Look for a high protein count......whey isolate protein..... Keep the sugars low.....learn to read the labels... You need the carbs, so don't concentrate so much on the carb numbers.... High protein allows you to keep muscle and eliminate the fat.....gives you energy for longer periods during a workout, etc...

I use a lot of EAS....chocolate, vanilla....but there are a lot of brands out there.

Buy a little shaker glass.......so much better than having a blender, etc., take up space by the sink...

And don't make 2 servings at once unless you plan on drinking it......once it's mixed, it looses its strength, but they are not going to tell you that on the label.

I also drink small tubes of protein.....they look like a chubby test tubes...'shots'...@ 3 ounches each...great for on the go, too... Some taste gross, some are great.....usually red or orange colored ones taste the best......

Also, Think Thin bars are very good for keeping hunger away and blood sugar up.....no sugar..... Order them online to get the best deal..... They are made in CA, (near Santa Barbara, Ventura, etc), but they recently started selling through the Amazon site for some reason.....

Read labels before you buy......a lot of them are meant to build huge muscle mass while working out.....the calories are high.... I assume you are just going for the energy and less hunger while trying to lose weight.....

Old 11-13-2009, 02:41 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,074,327 times
Any Whey Protein works fine. Just make sure you get one with low carbs. Under 5g of carbs per serving is what I'm talking about.

If you have a Sam's Club membership, you can get 5lb bags of EAS Whey Protein for around $30. That's a good deal.

Sam's Club - EAS® 100% Whey Protein Chocolate - 5lb

You can also make your own protein blend at TrueProtein.com. Their prices are very reasonable as well and you can play with the combo you want. If you check out the IntenseMuscle.com forums you'll see people who have posted discount codes in their signatures as well.

True Protein | High Quality Nutrition and Protein Supplements

Old 11-19-2009, 05:02 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,257,773 times
I use Aria Women's Protein. 80 calories a serving, mixes easily in water. Keeps me from getting hungry!

Old 01-28-2010, 03:22 PM

16 posts, read 53,790 times
I use Natural Edge Fat Burner meal replacement. It tastes great and mixes very smooth.

Natural Edge Products - Natural Food Fat Burner Meal Replacement

MODERATOR: OP was asking for recommendations, this is what I use and recommend. According to other users posts this is exactly how they are formatting their responses. I am trying to dutifully post meaningful content.

Last edited by NaturalEdge; 01-28-2010 at 03:24 PM.. Reason: Link edit

Old 01-30-2010, 02:12 AM

11 posts, read 29,297 times
This protein powder is used to make protein shakes which can be used as meal replacements or to simply increase protein intake.
Protein helps to support weight loss for a variety of reasons. Protein balances the blood sugar levels as it takes longer to digest and this keeps you fuller for longer, reducing the need to snack or have large meals. Protein gives you energy which encourages you to do more and it supports muscle repair and recovery. Healthy muscles speed up the metabolism and when the muscles repair fast after a workout, it encourages the person to do more intensive workouts, more frequently.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:07 PM
Itz

714 posts, read 2,199,797 times
My all time favorite protein powder is Muscle Milk Light... .. yum yum yum... I use the powder form to cook with as well.
Lots of working out - lifting heavy - need protein!!!
i've found that after a heavy ork wout I chug one of these and I'm literally good for the rest of the evening.

Old 02-17-2010, 12:35 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,330,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walthree View Post
Looking for recommendations. Which powder is best for meal replacement when I'm too lazy to make something to eat.

Thanks.
Me too. I have been told by a doctor I am not eating enough and my body does not have enough quality nutrients to do what it needs to. Sure, I take a lot of supplements, but I don't have time to eat frequently and weight is not falling off of me even though I spend hours in the gym. I need a recipe for a meal supplement in combination with a replacement when I don't feel like eating or have enough time to. So I will be reading and appreciate any suggestions.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:55 PM

53 posts, read 566,060 times
Thank you all for your recommendations.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:32 AM

6 posts, read 13,610 times
As per i know you should try protein powder as a your meal because it's content low carb and also helpful for remove your lazyness means make you active and no more fat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss