Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 09:40 PM

25,913 posts, read 16,636,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by springazure View Post
I just wanted to say... I got her buried in my yard yesterday. I spent today landscaping her little plot. It's beautiful. I feel so much more peaceful knowing she's still with me.

You are a bunch of strangers, yet it was YOUR kind words that helped me make a most painful decision.

THANK YOU.... I can't say that enough.
Yes, strangers but you just made me tear up again. Amazing isn't it? I think I'll give my dogs one more hug before they go to bed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2012, 09:41 PM

12 posts, read 12,774 times
So sorry to hear that.
When I was 10, I also had to say goodbye to my dog. I was so sad that I decided not to adopt pets anymore. But now I have 2 dogs now. I really love them and they are my best friends

Old 07-13-2012, 09:48 PM

If you feel up to it and if you feel it's appropriate post a picture of her little plot. I would love to see it.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:02 PM

766 posts, read 1,400,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
If you feel up to it and if you feel it's appropriate post a picture of her little plot. I would love to see it.
It's currently 11pm at night. I work weekends, but will take a pic as soon as the lighting seems best. I've never posted a pic on this site. Is there anything special I have to do, to post a pic? I'm kind of dumb about this sort of thing.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springazure View Post
It's currently 11pm at night. I work weekends, but will take a pic as soon as the lighting seems best. I've never posted a pic on this site. Is there anything special I have to do, to post a pic? I'm kind of dumb about this sort of thing.
You take the picture and then save it on a hosting site like Photobucket. Then your right click on the picture and choose "copy image address"

Then when you post it, you hit the image icon above the posting box and paste the image address into the little window that pops us.

Like this, here's one of my littel guys being lazy

Old 07-14-2012, 09:47 PM

I just sent Pullmyfinger a private email.... pics of her plot. This poster is kind enough to help me out. Once the pic is posted, I will explain..... oh what the heck.... I'll do it now.

The center 4 blocks are 12" squares, with a 16" square on top of it. (and the large rock) I live on the border of country, and was forewarned to worry about wildlife critters.

The 4 outer squares are 16".

She was always 1/2 blind, due to cataracts..... but in the last few weeks, she started having a series of mini-strokes, and her sight was slipping away DAILY. I could tell just how scared she was getting from the darkness, so I wanted to make sure she wouldn't be scared of the dark, anymore.... hence the solar lights.

The back is Russian Sage, the front is Dwarf Lavender. The left is Catmint, the right is Meadow Sage. 4 different shades of purple/lavendar...... because her collar was lavender and her leash was purple.

The tiny little piece of driftwood? I'm still not sure why that was sooooo important to me, but it was. Maybe it's because she was drifting away from me sooooo fast? Maybe it's because I gave her permission to drift away? I'm still not sure, and don't know if or when I can answer that question.

She's right at my front door. I see her the minute I leave, and the moment I come home. Just like old times.

Hopefully pullmyfinger will receive my private email, and post the pic soon.

AGAIN... THANK YOU EVERYBODY.

Old 07-15-2012, 03:47 AM

48,356 posts, read 22,092,697 times
This was a sad but also an incredibly sweet story. Love really does conquer all adversity and indeed..... she is always with you. Thank you for allowing us to share this testimony of devotion, courage and love. Be well my friend....all is well in the world because of love.

Old 07-15-2012, 05:52 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,489,032 times
Springazure another way to post a picture (it shows up as a thumbnail but clicking enlarges it) is to click the paper clip above the reply box, then click browse in the box that pops up, and it will show you your files from your computer. Click on the picture you want and it will upload. (You have to resize it smaller as you do for email).
I'm looking forward to seeing it, it sounds lovely.

Old 07-15-2012, 07:27 AM

2,289 posts, read 5,790,497 times
I am sorry, she is now looking down on you, she can see and hear everything, she will always be by your side.

Old 07-15-2012, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post
Springazure another way to post a picture (it shows up as a thumbnail but clicking enlarges it) is to click the paper clip above the reply box, then click browse in the box that pops up, and it will show you your files from your computer. Click on the picture you want and it will upload. (You have to resize it smaller as you do for email).
I'm looking forward to seeing it, it sounds lovely.
Hope this works?
Attached Thumbnails
When do I say good bye to an old dog?-july-059.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs