Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 01:41 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,425,831 times

Advertisements

Ridiculously silly behavior? Wife from Mexico? Lupe (informally, Loopie)!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 02:34 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,588,711 times
Any thing including Behaviors that stand out besides the tail? My late dog Dash got his name because when I adopted him at 1 yr he always Dashed out the door or a gate or anyplace. I had a Jazz who was named by my best friends two small girls as she was a very unique looking dog so they thought she was Jazzie looking.

I currently have a Silken Windhound which is a very elegant looking dog and at the time was the first one in my town, his registered name is Jessie James but I renamed him Dazzle..because he is quite Dazzling and does Dazzle people. Then my other dog I added as puppy when I had Dazzle who is very layed back and the older sweet quiet Phoenix and I figured any puppy added to the mix would be Chaos so yup the puppy was named Chaos. she actually was a good puppy but she does love to play and at the dog park gets everyone else playing so Chaos is what she creates there so yup she can live up to her name but in a good way So maybe you can find something about the dog that would work as a name. I am trying to rack my brain for a bent tail type name but having worked all night my brain is a bit fried right now.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:42 PM

603 posts, read 967,082 times
Sunny isn't bad.

Still sounds like a boys name though.
I'm such a choosey ****.
I just know that when you pick a name it sticks.

I always hated my own name.
Jesus, if we could only pick our own names at ...say 15 or 25.....

Anyways...
Caya

Bentley

Sunny.

Stella?

Anything else?~~~~~ Think I'm going with Caya?
Have to check with my wife.

Bent tail, likely abuse by her former owner??, or is this a natural thing? tip of tail bent? She's scared of anyone calling out, doesn't come when you call. But, smarter than she seems, which is not a lot, I hate to let her out, I have to limp out chasing her, she thinks it's a game, I lure her in with doggie snacks then catch her and have to drag her in, (our wooden fence has holes and God knows what I would have to do if she just started 'wandering' past our fence into neighbors yards.Limp around the block to get to her, then chase her down, can't jump the rickity wooden fence) Man, it's taxing just to type this. I told my wife to give the dog up, to give it back, but....I'm kinda glad she didn't. She's a good dog and this is better than the shelter, she's right here beside me now. She's a good dog, smart. It'll take time for her to trust us. I'll wait. I'm good at that. I just want a NAME.Something besides 'Nikkki", which, no offense, sounds like a Russian stripper. Sorry for all the 'nikkis' out there. It's a sexy name. I don't equate 'sexy'....with my dog. I need something 'doggy'. 'Beast' fits pretty GD good so far.

So far, so good.

I got a few good suggestions, thanks you all.
Too tired, gotta stop, thanks.

Sunny is kinda androgynous though.
I have a (small) list for the family though, they...have to agree on it too.

Thanks you all.

Old 09-28-2012, 03:28 PM

603 posts, read 967,082 times
I'll post a picture as soon as my wife gets home (and I get through with The (long protracted) Talk we always have.)

I like the idea of naming the dog after her behavior, Dashdog, but her bahavior changes as days go by. We got her right after surgery, at the clinic, neutered, or whatever you call that for female dogs, so she was very 'relaxed' after I had to shove pills down her throat. That was a treat!.......Oh my god my back hurts, my whole body hurts.....Jesus....uh, we'll have to see how she 'really' behave before we can name her. Same with children, almost, ....you name them before their even born.....and the name may make sense or not.

I have to stop, please, keep sending in you female, dog, bent tail, energetic, NAME suggestions.
I'll take a picture if I'm up to it later.
So tired...THANK YOU.

P.S.
God, I feel better now, anyways, thank you. please keep sending in those names!

Last edited by FaceInTheCrowd; 09-28-2012 at 03:48 PM..

Old 09-28-2012, 03:58 PM

298 posts, read 704,479 times
Glad you're changing the name. "Nikki" is the name of my son's slutty, cheatin' ex-wife and is forever tainted for me

Old 09-28-2012, 04:04 PM

2,802 posts, read 6,429,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alle View Post
Glad you're changing the name. "Nikki" is the name of my son's slutty, cheatin' ex-wife and is forever tainted for me
There seems to be a pattern developing with ******* called Nikki.

Old 09-28-2012, 04:38 PM

737 posts, read 2,587,902 times
Yep, Nikki doesn't sound right for this special girl.

Okay, first thing that came to mind is Boomer as in Boomerang, the freaky frisbee that always comes back. If you're one to add the "ie" or "ey", then Boomey.

If, however, she is responding to Beast, then let it go and take it's proper place. Beast, Best, Beasley... anything that she is responding to will work. Sometimes, they just name themselves, but she certainly doesn't sound like a Nikki.

Well done, in any case and best wishes!

Old 09-28-2012, 04:40 PM

1,880 posts, read 2,309,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBeachFL View Post
Yep, Nikki doesn't sound right for this special girl.

Okay, first thing that came to mind is Boomer as in Boomerang, the freaky frisbee that always comes back. If you're one to add the "ie" or "ey", then Boomey.

If, however, she is responding to Beast, then let it go and take it's proper place. Beast, Best, Beasley... anything that she is responding to will work. Sometimes, they just name themselves, but she certainly doesn't sound like a Nikki.

Well done, in any case and best wishes!
In regards to a name sounding like Beast - what about Betsy?

Old 09-28-2012, 05:55 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
She looks "Foxy" to me!

Old 09-28-2012, 07:15 PM

175 posts, read 590,159 times
I have always liked the name Stella for a dog. Our latest rescue was already named Bella. My husband & I thought about changing it but our kids (adult, & all out of the house) insisted we keep it Bella because she was so beautiful..............ok, ok no Stella.
I like the suggestion of Foxy and also Roxy.....Cleo too.

What color is she, that might help.
Brown - Mocha, Bailey, Java
Black - Midnight, Raven, Coal, Jet (Joan Jet)
White - Diamond, Dazzle, Jasmine (Jaz), Champagne
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs