Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 12:21 AM

2,398 posts, read 3,837,892 times

Advertisements

I saw those black rimmed eyes and I thought of Cleopatra, maybe Cleo for short.

For the tail I like Widget or Gizmo. All over: Sleek or maybe Sheena

She's lovely.

Good luck with the name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2012, 04:06 AM

438 posts, read 661,202 times
daphne

Old 09-30-2012, 04:28 AM

48,175 posts, read 22,026,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
You were looking for a name for her? I can't help you with that. I can only tell you that I think that she's BEAUTIFUL! She's a seriously gorgeous girl.
I agree......she is beautiful. Congratulations!

You said she is "as fast as the dickens" and I thought "Dickens" would make a perfect name. It is descriptive, literary, and how you described her.

Old 09-30-2012, 05:29 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,282,446 times
I'm thinking Lizzie. I went with Bentyl ("bent-tail" all run together) but that's a drug name for irritable bowel syndrome (can you tell I'm in the medical field?) I doubt you want me suggesting anything that has to do with the hind end.

How 'bout the name of a favorite character from a movie or book? Although I suppose Meryl could cause problems at the park...just not Snookie or Kim or Brittany or Miley, please....PLEASE (even though I think Miley is kind of cute for a dog name. Not the girl). From a song? Thinkin' Jolie Blon, but I'm partial to Cajun.

Where do you live, or what part of the country? Maybe that would help? Or have you finally found a name for her?

Old 09-30-2012, 09:59 AM

603 posts, read 967,671 times
lol, the thing is my child is called ...well, Cleobella.
Can I share that on the Net and not be stalked? Hmm...
Anyways, there it is. So....it'd be a little bit weird, calling our dog that.
I like it though.
My wife doesn't even like 'Caya' because it sounds too close to her name.

So, lol, anyways, I think we're going with Caya.
Got the wife to agree...finally.

Only my oldest doesn't like it
but GD it, it's a democracy and majority wins.
She wants to call her 'Sunny'. But reluctantly agreed, to Caya.

She's a good dog.
Now she 'sits' on cammand.
Pretty darn smart, after only what? A week?
"Shake' is next...

If only we could get her back in the house without any dragging!
She loves being outside. Doesn't listen to a word we say once she's out there!
Troubling....we call her and she looks at us, then looks away with contempt! lol.

Anyways, thanks, we need to decide and stick with ONE name in the next 24 hrs, I think.

Old 09-30-2012, 10:17 AM

3,751 posts, read 12,415,570 times
Once again - a little off from the norm... When I saw the picture of her laying down, I thought of the Mandarin Chinese word for pretty or regal. Its Piào (漂) and would be pronounced (with an american accent) "Pay-ow". She is so regal that I thought it would fit. She also looks a lot like the street dogs that are all over Hong Kong and Kowloon China.

Old 09-30-2012, 10:21 AM

Pay-ow? Hmm...I like it. It's different. Not sure how the family will respond. But, I'm gunnin' for it.
Up there with Caya, now. We'll see, I guess, kids seem to like it. We just need to pick something and
stick with it, she's already confused...as it is.

I have a few more pictures, one second....

Edit:

Such a cutie!

Last edited by FaceInTheCrowd; 09-30-2012 at 10:33 AM..

Old 09-30-2012, 10:32 AM

1,346 posts, read 3,077,823 times
Caya for sure. She looks like a Caya.

Old 09-30-2012, 10:39 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,141,054 times
she looks just like the picture you drew.

I like Anna

Old 09-30-2012, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
I went with Bentyl ("bent-tail" all run together) but that's a drug name for irritable bowel syndrome (can you tell I'm in the medical field?) I doubt you want me suggesting anything that has to do with the hind end.

How 'bout the name of a favorite character from a movie or book? Although I suppose Meryl could cause problems at the park...just not Snookie or Kim or Brittany or Miley, please....PLEASE (even though I think Miley is kind of cute for a dog name. Not the girl). From a song? Thinkin' Jolie Blon, but I'm partial to Cajun.

Where do you live, or what part of the country? Maybe that would help? Or have you finally found a name for her?
LOL, I've actually taken Bentyl. Along with a whole host of other prescriptions.
I like the 'bent' part but I think we're settling on Caya. Or maybe now ... we just need to pick something.
She's been through surgery, i don't want to trouble her anymore than necessary.

I'm thinking Lizzie...sounds nice, too.
Cuz she seems kinda crazy, like if she could....she'd kill us all with an axe. And run away. lol.
Now I'm confused. Will let my family see the list of 'options'. Other things on my mind...

Thanks. Have a good Sunday!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs