Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 05:30 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,053,291 times

Advertisements

It is hard when you don't have time to grieve and to prepare yourself.

Just know and be comforted by the knowledge that you did the right thing for your friend.

So sorry for your loss.

Old 07-26-2008, 06:48 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,456,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
It is hard when you don't have time to grieve and to prepare yourself.

Just know and be comforted by the knowledge that you did the right thing for your friend.

So sorry for your loss.
Yes, it really is. It's just now setting in. The energy is gone in my house. He is gone forever. I miss him so. Thank you.

Old 07-26-2008, 06:52 PM

2,735 posts, read 6,741,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Yes, it really is. It's just now setting in. The energy is gone in my house. He is gone forever. I miss him so. Thank you.

Not that it makes it any easier, but I really believe he is still with you. A couple of years ago, we lost our dog Rock, suddenly, he was only 5 years old. A day or two later, I was outside cooking on the grill and can still swear to this day I heard Rock running up from behind me. For a second, I forgot he was gone, and turned around to pet him. He wasn't there and that's when I remembered he had passed. But for that split second, I really believe it was him

Old 07-26-2008, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
Not that it makes it any easier, but I really believe he is still with you. A couple of years ago, we lost our dog Rock, suddenly, he was only 5 years old. A day or two later, I was outside cooking on the grill and can still swear to this day I heard Rock running up from behind me. For a second, I forgot he was gone, and turned around to pet him. He wasn't there and that's when I remembered he had passed. But for that split second, I really believe it was him
I asked him to stay with me today, while I was kissing him good bye. I asked him to leave me some sign. I am hoping for some sign.

Old 07-26-2008, 07:43 PM

74 posts, read 174,109 times
Quote:
I am afraid, but his is gone. I would have moved heaven and earth to keep him alive, provided it did not hurt him. I had him put to sleep at noon today. I am miserable, but he's at peace. Thank you.
I was thinking about you today I am so sorry for your loss.

Old 07-26-2008, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenn SR View Post
I was thinking about you today I am so sorry for your loss.
Thank you. I am still in denial. I keep waiting for him to be in the next room, yet he is gone.

Old 07-26-2008, 07:56 PM

2,735 posts, read 6,741,019 times
Quote:
I asked him to stay with me today, while I was kissing him good bye. I asked him to leave me some sign. I am hoping for some sign.
Oh this breaks my heart...I hope you do get a sign.

Old 07-26-2008, 08:04 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,580,764 times
I am so sorry for your loss, but be sure he is now chasing an endless supply of balls, squirrels and butterflies.

Old 07-26-2008, 08:56 PM

295 posts, read 1,214,138 times
Quote:
Thank you. I am still in denial. I keep waiting for him to be in the next room, yet he is gone.
{{{{ movin'on }}}}}

Instead of thinking he's "gone", visualize and believe that he's moved to another plane of awareness:

• Beyond The Rainbow
As much as I loved the life we had and all the times we played,
I was so very tired and knew my time on earth would fade.
I saw a wondrous image then of a place that's trouble-free,
Where all of us can meet again to spend eternity.

I saw the most beautiful Rainbow, and on the other side
Were meadows rich and beautiful -- lush and green and wide!
And running through the meadows as far as the eye could see
Were animals of every sort as healthy as could be!
My own tired, failing body was fresh and healed and new
And I wanted to go run with them, but I had something left to do.

I needed to reach out to you, to tell you I'm alright,
That this place is truly wonderful, then a bright glow pierced the night.
'Twas the glow of many candles shining bright and strong and bold
And I knew then that it held your love in its brilliant shades of gold.

For though we're not together in the way we used to be,
We're still connected by a cord no eye can ever see.
So whenever you need to find me, we're never far apart
If you look beyond the Rainbow and listen with your heart.

~author unknown

Old 07-26-2008, 09:00 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,729,507 times
A Dog's Prayer (Author unknown)

Treat me kindly, my beloved master for no heart in the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me.
Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I lick your hand between blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do.
Speak to me often, for your voice is the world's sweetest music, as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footstep falls upon my waiting ears.
When it is cold and wet, please take me inside, for I am now a domesticated animal, no longer used to bitter elements.
And I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth.
Though had you no home, I would rather follow you through ice and snow than rest upon the softest pillow in the warmest home in all the land, for you are my God, and I am your devoted worshipper.
Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for although I should not reproach you were it dry, I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst.
Feed me clean food, that I may well to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready , willing, and able to protect you with my life should your life be in danger.
And, beloved master, should the Great Master see fit to deprive me of my health or sight, do not turn me away from you......rather hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest......and I will leave you knowing with my last breath I drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands.

Carrie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs