Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 09:05 PM

702 posts, read 2,525,348 times

Advertisements

I am so sorry - I hope he visits you in your dreams.

Old 07-26-2008, 09:14 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,576,507 times
I am so sorry for your pain. I had to put my dog to sleep more than 10 years ago. She was my first baby (before my son was born!). I still cry when I think of her. I did get another dog a few months later and she is lying at my feet right now. I grew to love her even though it took awhile - I didn't want to be hurt again! You are obviously a wonderful person to have loved your dog so much - thank you for taking such good care of him - he was a very lucky dog!

Old 07-26-2008, 09:38 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,021,934 times
I'm very, very sorry that you lost your pal today. It's the hardest part of love, sigh. Your loss was so sudden that you didn't have time to wrap your mind around it! May comfort find your grieving heart and good memories of your doggy companion lift up your spirit.

Teatime

Old 07-26-2008, 10:37 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,480,982 times
So sorry MovinOn .

Old 07-27-2008, 05:17 AM

4,250 posts, read 10,456,071 times
Thank you all for your thoughts. Here is something beautiful someone found for me and it's giving me comfort. Perhaps it will do the same for someone else...

If it should be that I grow weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep
Then you must do what must be done
For this last battle cannot be won.

You will be sad, I understand
Don't let your grief then stay your hand
For this day more than all the rest
Your love for me must stand the test.

We've had so many happy years
What is to come can hold no fears
You'd not want me to suffer so
The time has come please let me go.

Take me where my need they'll tend
And please stay with me till the end
Hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time that you will see
The kindness that you did for me
Although my tail, its last has waved
From pain and suffering I've been saved.

Please do not grieve - it must be you
Who had this painful thing to do
We've been so close, we two, these years
Don't let your heart hold back its tears.

Old 07-27-2008, 06:16 AM

48,175 posts, read 22,026,263 times
I am truly sorry. I sat with my beloved Hannah while she died in my bedroom.....I have no idea what she died from.....had just had a full battery of tests at the vet....all were normal....and altho she was a senior....we expected to have her for more years....but she sickened and then died less than a week later.

The only comfort I found was knowing that her life with me had been good. We found one another at a time when we both needed love and a friend. We were both good at reading one another and being there for one another. I couldnt imagine loosing her.......but she went on ahead, I like to think like when we went hiking, she will be waiting around the next bend in the path to see me come into view.

My philosophy is that life is best not measured in quantity but in quality. If the life has been good.....that is all we can hope for.

I know you will be bereft at the absence of your dear friend. The pain of absence will mellow and become bitter-sweet memories. I still cry (for myself) when I talk about Hannah...but I know she is just fine and she and I both know the love that characterized our relationship doesn't end at death.

Old 07-27-2008, 06:17 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,047,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Take me where my need they'll tend
And please stay with me till the end
Hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see.
It's so hard, but this is the least we owe our four-footed friends.
So sorry, Movin' On. We've all been there and feel your pain.

Old 07-27-2008, 08:02 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,683,291 times
I'm so sorry. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Old 07-27-2008, 10:17 AM

4,250 posts, read 10,456,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I am truly sorry. I sat with my beloved Hannah while she died in my bedroom.....I have no idea what she died from.....had just had a full battery of tests at the vet....all were normal....and altho she was a senior....we expected to have her for more years....but she sickened and then died less than a week later.

The only comfort I found was knowing that her life with me had been good. We found one another at a time when we both needed love and a friend. We were both good at reading one another and being there for one another. I couldnt imagine loosing her.......but she went on ahead, I like to think like when we went hiking, she will be waiting around the next bend in the path to see me come into view.

My philosophy is that life is best not measured in quantity but in quality. If the life has been good.....that is all we can hope for.

I know you will be bereft at the absence of your dear friend. The pain of absence will mellow and become bitter-sweet memories. I still cry (for myself) when I talk about Hannah...but I know she is just fine and she and I both know the love that characterized our relationship doesn't end at death.
Thank you Elston. My heart is just breaking right now. I have no children or family, so my dog was my life. My dog was the ONE thing that brought a smile to me face when nothing else could - nothing.

Old 07-27-2008, 10:29 AM

48,175 posts, read 22,026,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Thank you Elston. My heart is just breaking right now. I have no children or family, so my dog was my life. My dog was the ONE thing that brought a smile to me face when nothing else could - nothing.
I know tht you are in pain; I hve been there and think I understand the loneliness you are feeling. Everyone feels the loss differently.....but we can imagine one anothers pain. You have many people thinking of you and holding you in their hearts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs