Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2011, 08:46 AM

1,202 posts, read 3,452,850 times

Advertisements

Construction has indeed started! It is going where the D&C Spur station was on the corner, not the empty lot sadly. In order to make room for the new building a few homes and even an apartment building I think was demolished.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 06:57 PM

432 posts, read 1,121,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duluthian2008 View Post
Construction has indeed started! It is going where the D&C Spur station was on the corner, not the empty lot sadly. In order to make room for the new building a few homes and even an apartment building I think was demolished.
Wow, I can't believe they tore everything down and started construction on this already. I didn't think it would be approved this soon either. Is there supposed to be other commercial tenants in this development in the future?

Old 10-22-2011, 11:02 PM

The only building that will be built on the lot is the Walgreens store.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:29 AM

Anyone know what this bid possibly could be for?

Quote:
Tenant improvements for an entertainment facility in Duluth. Design development plans call for the renovation of a former music hall and performance center to create retail space and house a music program for kids. Design plans are currently being...

Old 10-26-2011, 03:16 PM

721 posts, read 2,611,488 times
Quote:
Anyone know what this bid possibly could be for?
Tenant improvements for an entertainment facility in Duluth. Design development plans call for the renovation of a former music hall and performance center to create retail space and house a music program for kids. Design plans are currently being...

Sounds like something to do with the Armory Arts and Music Center on London Rd. Just a guess or the Old Norshore Theater

Old 11-17-2011, 03:30 PM

9 posts, read 20,584 times
Anything new going on? Anybody know what might move into the mall where the Great American restaurant was?

Old 11-18-2011, 03:57 PM

Not a thing and I'll tell you why I think it is that way below.

Old 11-18-2011, 04:20 PM

My friends, do you wonder why Duluth can't get the stores it could? First, voters just passed a double digit tax increase in a city that is already overtaxed and over regulated leaving families, individuals and businesses with less money to spend. Second the city is run by greenies and union types who want to make everybody poor and miserable while a few elites get rich and powerful. Third, is it is nearly impossible to build anything in Duluth without some radical group stopping it for some stupid reason. Last, all these things are happening on the state and federal level while the Fed continues to devalue our dollar. I don't blame Simon for not renovating the mall and I don't blame Chipotle for not wanting to locate there. People have the right to have their own views, but there are consequences for them. Duluthians need to realize that it's not a major hub and the winters are extremely cold and dark and the communist policies just make things worse. There is land everywhere up over the hill and gorgeous new and renovated buildings that have been half vacant for years. I have nearly given up on Duluth being on par with other similar sized cities as far as retail/restaurants go-I've been following this issue for 25 years. Get government off peoples backs and recognize free markets and liberty so that real high paying jobs will locate there and the high quality commercial will follow!

Old 11-21-2011, 09:17 AM

I agree with you nateduluthnative. Simon is really driving that mall into the ground by not renovating. The mall could have higher end retailers if it was renovated and had a better appearance both inside and out. I mean you look for example at the exterior spaces. Because they were renovated and new they filed up right away. Coldwater Creek is one of those higher end brands we are talking about. Now if only they would do that for the rest of the mall. And if only Duluth would lighten up a bit...

On the news side, McDonalds in Hermantown seems to be doing an extensive remodel. Looks like they will be updating to the new prototype and expanding... While staying open!

Old 11-23-2011, 03:19 AM

Quote:
I agree with you nateduluthnative. Simon is really driving that mall into the ground by not renovating. The mall could have higher end retailers if it was renovated and had a better appearance both inside and out. I mean you look for example at the exterior spaces. Because they were renovated and new they filed up right away. Coldwater Creek is one of those higher end brands we are talking about. Now if only they would do that for the rest of the mall. And if only Duluth would lighten up a bit...

On the news side, McDonalds in Hermantown seems to be doing an extensive remodel. Looks like they will be updating to the new prototype and expanding... While staying open!
Greendale and Grindstone River Plaza ought to be built right away, maybe if the mall had some competition they'll do something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth