Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2012, 07:03 PM

432 posts, read 1,121,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by duluthian2008 View Post
Hello! So I have a blog also about Commercial Development in Duluth (cdinduluth | Just another WordPress.com site) in which I post a lot of things, so check it out if you're interested! Just posted something about Wild Bill's Sports Saloon looking at Duluth for a new location!
I know one of the guys that started Wild Bills. My best friend is his cousin and lives in Duluth, so maybe the family connection has something to do with a Duluth location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2012, 03:46 AM

243 posts, read 594,882 times
OK, so lately there have been a few more rumblings about retail and restaurants in the Duluth commercial scene. Obviously we are getting Noodles & Company (woohoo!). There's also been random rumors of the following. I was wondering if anyone could substantiate any of these?

Trader Joe's: I heard this from an employee of Walgreen's, who said that Trader Joe's was possibly going into the old Plaza Walgreen's.

Chipotle: Obviously, this one has been rumored for quite some time, with one poster showing the article from the Brainerd Dispatch concerning Chipotle looking at Duluth.

Costco: This one comes from a manager of a Costco in the Twin Cities that said that they have land in the Duluth area and are coming to Duluth.

Panera: For the past few years, we've been hearing rumblings about Panera coming to Duluth. Initially, I guess they had agreed on a location, but then pulled out. Are they EVER coming to Duluth?

Dick's Sporting Goods: This is a new one. One of my co-workers was just at a Dick's Sporting Goods in the Twin Cities yesterday. The golf pro asked if they had started construction yet on the Dick's Sporting Goods Duluth location. He said "WhAT?" lol. The guy said that they are coming to Duluth. No clue where or when, but he did say it would be by this summer. He said that his sister lives here and that he had considered moving to the Duluth store. He said it would be somewhere near the mall. Could they raze the old Kmart site for this? Would it go near Sam's Club? Any ideas?

Fleet Farm: Rumored to be going into the new Proctor development site. Anyone have any news to substantiate this? I think it would be a great place for Fleet Farm.

I still think Chipotle should go into the Weiland-Hayes block development or the Technology Village. I'm sure people would find a parking spot to go there and it would really be a great addition to Old Downtown.

Anyone else have any thoughts on any of this? Thanks everyone. It's been fun to be a part of this community!

Old 02-03-2012, 09:19 AM

Oh, also saw a job listing for a manager for a new store coming to Miller Hill Mall called Francesca's Collections: Women's Clothing, Fashion Jewelry, Handbags - Francesca's Collections - looks like a women's boutique that is a national chain. Never heard of it before, and not sure where it would be going.

Old 02-03-2012, 11:25 AM

1,202 posts, read 3,452,850 times
FRANCESCA'S COLLECTIONS IS COMING? You have no idea how HUGE of a deal that is. That store is a great store for malls (however once again the mall is filling a place with another women's store). But the reason they are great is because they are the store that starts bringing in the higher end stores. That store seems to be a destination drawer. I wonder if they are going in the former Old Navy space? Let's transfer this discussion over to the Miller Hill Mall forum

Old 02-03-2012, 04:09 PM

9 posts, read 20,584 times
I was at Trader Joes in Maple Grove a couple days ago and asked about a Duluth store. They said was just a rumor and nothing but a rumor.

Old 02-04-2012, 05:53 PM

129 posts, read 248,812 times
Just a question for you all. Anyone know if the Smoke Shops in town are locally owned? I would assume but didn't know. If so, anyone know a contact?

Old 02-06-2012, 01:10 PM

9 posts, read 15,617 times
I don't know if this has been reported yet or not but Grizzly's is going in the former hell's burgers location in canal park.

Old 02-06-2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoFlip View Post
I don't know if this has been reported yet or not but Grizzly's is going in the former hell's burgers location in canal park.
No kidding? That's pretty cool - so it will be a second location, right? Just want to be sure they're not closing the one over the hill lol

Old 02-06-2012, 01:59 PM

781 posts, read 2,629,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoFlip View Post
Very cool! That'll be a great addition down there.

Old 02-06-2012, 05:40 PM

99 posts, read 214,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbtrips View Post
No kidding? That's pretty cool - so it will be a second location, right? Just want to be sure they're not closing the one over the hill lol
There's one in Superior as well by Target, I noticed recently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth