Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2012, 12:10 AM

49 posts, read 97,170 times

Advertisements

Which would kinda suck to have that plaza sit there rotting away for 3 years, gotta think CVS is going to work out a deal quicker then that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2012, 12:17 AM

Duluth Bayfront development gets $1 million from state

Published 03/30/2012, Duluth News Tribune
Plans for a hotel, retail and condo development at the former Lafarge Cement site on Duluth’s harborfront got a boost today with a nearly $1 million grant from the state.

THIS IS GREAT FOR DULUTH!!!

Old 04-21-2012, 12:21 AM

Old 04-21-2012, 12:22 AM

Duluth Multimodal Transportation Center pictured above, this is been a long time coming for Duluth lets hope its gets the rest of the funding from this bonding bill.

Old 04-21-2012, 07:57 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,172,745 times
I think the Lafarge Cement site site is the wrong place for a bus station and if cyclist need shelter there are plenty of places in the area for that.
The dta already has a buss-barn.

If they feel the need for a new terminal
(I don't see folks walking to it from down town or canal park)
Build it at the central school site up on the hill.
(another stupid place for it)

"That arena includes a one stop shop for those traveling on a local bus, for bikers stopping off the Munger trail and for people traveling around the Northland on the bus line."

Wrong site, that's what we need a new hangout for the transients right in the middel of tourist-ville.

and a bank
" a Wells Fargo drive threw"

I'd rather look at the cement storage silo.

What happened to filling in that slip and using it as a park?
No money in a green space just intrinsic value and the idiots can't see that a bus depot will not make the area more
attractive to tourists or locals.

When do they plain on telling the community about this white elephant?
wo is going to use it? and in the winter? it's not convenient nor is it needed.

Last edited by snofarmer; 04-21-2012 at 09:26 AM..

Old 04-21-2012, 09:26 AM

781 posts, read 2,629,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snofarmer View Post
I think the Lafarge Cement site site is the wrong place for a bus station and if cyclist need shelter there are plenty of places in the area for that.
I don't believe Vegasvice777 meant to say that the multi-modal transportation center will be built at LaFarge. Every concept drawing/article I've seen places it downtown by the Depot.

If you take a look at this report, the site that scores the highest is between 4th and 5th Ave West on Michigan St.

http://www.duluthtransit.com/misc/documents/dta_multimodal_terminal_final_report.pdf (broken link)

Old 04-21-2012, 09:46 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,172,745 times
Ok that's better.
I see it now.
But still, why not build it where the proposed high speed rail terminal , might, be built?
Still, call me silly but I don't see the need?
It's a 26 million project with 4 million in local funds and 6 million in state bonds.

But what about our infrastructure, money is needed to replace the water pipes decaying streets etc etc we can't take care of what we have now.

Spend our way to prosperity, it's only tax money.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:58 AM

129 posts, read 248,769 times
The new DTA/Wells building would be next to the depot in place of the ramp which will be the next to the high speed rail line. I think a good spot. As for bejing I talked with them and they think they will be out by July. The DNT just likes to be dramatic. I think the new hotel on the point will be nice as well.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:33 PM

432 posts, read 1,121,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedro161 View Post
The new DTA/Wells building would be next to the depot in place of the ramp which will be the next to the high speed rail line. I think a good spot. As for bejing I talked with them and they think they will be out by July. The DNT just likes to be dramatic. I think the new hotel on the point will be nice as well.
A local architectural firm, The Meyer Group, lists on their site "Wells Fargo Tower Pre Design Duluth, MN" on their portfolio page. I don't know if it is still there or how long it's been there but I'm wondering if Wells Fargo will build an entirely new headquarters downtown or redo their existing one? I also saw in a Duluthian Magazine article last year that Atwater real estate was planning on demolishing the former KDLH building for an 11-story office building but the recession stalled it. Does anyone think downtown will get any more highrise office buildings when the economy improves? I sure would love to see some!

Old 04-22-2012, 03:03 PM

129 posts, read 248,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateduluthnative View Post
A local architectural firm, The Meyer Group, lists on their site "Wells Fargo Tower Pre Design Duluth, MN" on their portfolio page. I don't know if it is still there or how long it's been there but I'm wondering if Wells Fargo will build an entirely new headquarters downtown or redo their existing one? I also saw in a Duluthian Magazine article last year that Atwater real estate was planning on demolishing the former KDLH building for an 11-story office building but the recession stalled it. Does anyone think downtown will get any more highrise office buildings when the economy improves? I sure would love to see some!
It would be nice to see some new building downtown. Maybe 15 - 20 story?? I had heard wells was thinking of building new. I cant see them taking down the current building. So maybe we will see new buildings soon downtown!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth