Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2012, 03:41 AM

432 posts, read 1,121,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by duluthian2008 View Post
Looks like Hobby Lobby will be the first tenant to fill part of the former Kmart space. They will be taking 59,000 square feet and will open in January. The other 29,000 square feet will be filled by another retail that has yet to be finalized but is said to compliment Hobby Lobby and Saver's. I think it could be Big Lots or a Goodwill location. What do you guys think?
Brixmor lists Hobby Town as a tenant at Burning Tree Plaza. Probably the model and remote control type of "hobby shop".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 09:30 AM

781 posts, read 2,629,440 times
There's an article in the DNT today about Hobby Lobby coming to town. Hobby Lobby to open store in Duluth | Duluth News Tribune | Duluth, Minnesota They will be taking up shop in old K-Mart.

Old 06-23-2012, 04:32 PM

120 posts, read 265,308 times
LeAnn Chin is coming to the former gas station at Woodland & Saint Marie. By the looks of the space, my guess is it will be take-out only; people who love LeAnn Chin will be thrilled about this.

Old 06-23-2012, 10:57 PM

1,202 posts, read 3,452,504 times
That's great news! Where did you hear about LeeAnn Chin opening up in the former Conoco gas station on Woodland and Saint Marie? That space actually looks to be a lot larger than it actually is. Plus they could do some sort of expansion whether it is outward or upward. I don't think they actually have take-out only locations... unless I am unaware of that. Have you been to a take-out only location?

Old 06-24-2012, 10:49 AM

243 posts, read 594,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto416 View Post
LeAnn Chin is coming to the former gas station at Woodland & Saint Marie. By the looks of the space, my guess is it will be take-out only; people who love LeAnn Chin will be thrilled about this.
Oh wow - that would be incredible. It's funny, cuz just yesterday, I asked the people working across the road at SuperAmerica what was going in there and they said "Cold Fusion". Maybe they're trying to cram two things into that spot? Or maybe they were just wrong on the CF thing. I would LOVE LeeAnn Chin. My co-worker used to work at one in the Twin Cities and met LeeAnn. He said she was sooooooo nice.

One interesting thing is that I see Robert Giuliani (Alex's brother - and Alex owns Clyde Park) is now head of recipe development for LeeAnn Chin. Wonder if that had anything to do with their advancement into Duluth.

Old 06-24-2012, 02:56 PM

432 posts, read 1,121,002 times
LeAnn Chin is another one I wished were in the Duluth area 10 years ago or so. Another thing-a while back the CD in Duluth site said that Cherry Berry is opening two locations in Duluth. Most LeAnn Chin locations have a Cherry Berry within them. I think the area between Mount Royal and Woodland School is the next up and coming eating and shopping area in Duluth!

Old 06-25-2012, 11:47 AM

Cherry Berry is not to be confused with LeeAnn Chin's own yogurt brand called Red Berry. If LeeAnn Chin is indeed coming to Duluth, both frozen yogurt brands call Duluth home!

Old 07-03-2012, 09:22 PM

721 posts, read 2,610,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto416 View Post
Saw the manager job posted on Indeed Jobs Duluth today for LeAnn Chins.

Old 07-13-2012, 01:33 PM

Any updates or rumors to talk about? Seems like these blogs are starting to lack a bit of life! Let's get them going again!

Old 07-17-2012, 10:15 AM

3,971 posts, read 9,681,074 times
I was in Duluth for Grandma's weekend. I lived there for two years but hadn't been up there since I left in 2010. I was surprised to see the Walgreens on Superior St. torn down and new one built. I was also surprised to see the strip mall with Beijing and Jimmy Johns gone. Great Harvest was also closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth