Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2012, 10:27 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,169,496 times

Advertisements

Hobby lobby is going to have a rough go of it with their high prices in Duluth when the competition's pricing is much much lower.

They will be gone soo or it will be their lowest priced store they have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2012, 02:14 PM

721 posts, read 2,609,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbtrips View Post
I see that in the comprehensive plan for BlueStone Commons (Woodland Middle School site), they have a schematic showing LA Fitness. Does anyone know if there has actually been talk about bringing an LA Fitness to Duluth, or if that was just a drawing of something that could potentially be on the site?

http://www.duluthmn.gov/planning/sta...hments_091.pdf

I would literally freak out if we had a large fitness center like this in Duluth! I'm really hoping this is true - it's many pages down in the document - possibly the last few pages.
I think it is only conceptual design ideas for the reuse of Woodland Middle School. Right now, the discussion is between UMD and CSS on leasing space for some class room space at the old Woodland School.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:28 PM

129 posts, read 248,587 times
Just a quick note here. So the old Verizon store that was closed due to the flood looks to be re-opening but as a shoe store. Im a little confused by this as I thought they would be tearing the building down for the strip mall that was to go there. So here is my question. Is the strip mall a no go? What is happening to the Verizon.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:11 AM

1,202 posts, read 3,451,200 times
This Verizon building is not part of the development site for the Hansen Center. That development will only include tearing down the former Ground Round restaurant and building three new buildings. The largest space, holding two tenants, will almost directly abut to the Verizon building. It's too bad they couldn't have included that site too. Did you happen to see the name of the shoe place?

That actually doesn't surprise me that Verizon will not be relocating in that space being they have always been listed as a tenant for the new Hansen Center. Had me wondering from the very beginning why they had posted a sign saying they were going to reopen in the same building...

Old 01-06-2013, 08:59 PM

I will check the name on the shoe store. I did hear the Panara is one of the tenants in the new building. Looked on the Panara site but didn't see anything.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:33 PM

Hmmm the new building is fully leased, at least it was a few months ago. That could have changed though. The current tenants are Starbuck's, The Vitamin Shoppe, Mattress Firm, and Verizon Wireless.

New rumor according to a few mall employees is that Chipotle is planning to set up shop next to Noodles and Company in the rest of the former Great American Bar and Grills space. Not sure if I am 100% believe them on this one though.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:46 PM

So the old verizon building has a coming soon - Benders shoes. Nothing to exciting if I do say so myself but oh well. Just thought I would post the name for everyone.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:06 PM

So, I work very close to where the new Hobby Lobby is going in and there has been allot of activity there today. Semi's, plows clearing the lot and lots of workers still there now at 8:00 p.m. When are they supposed to open? Cause at this rate it will be in a week. :-)

Old 01-29-2013, 09:17 PM

1,833 posts, read 3,350,629 times
There was just an article in the DNT, yesterday?, that I believe said Feb 18th for opening date.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:19 AM

Yes it did. It also mentioned that the store could have a soft opening and open the week before if all works out well. The soft opening could occur around the 15th.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth