Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2013, 03:34 PM

13 posts, read 19,185 times

Advertisements

Never tried Panera. Do they have any locations in the Cities?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2013, 06:38 PM

2,105 posts, read 4,602,051 times
Looks like there is a new antique store open in the space that used to be the unpainted store on Superior St.

Old 05-20-2013, 04:56 PM

3 posts, read 4,620 times
There is a coach store coming to miller hill mall along with a dicks sporting goods

Old 07-09-2013, 07:53 PM

129 posts, read 248,744 times
The ground round building is gone! Make way for something better.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:26 AM

1,202 posts, read 3,452,289 times
Hooray for progress! Can't wait to see Panera come to Duluth!

Dickey's BBQ also has secured a space in the new Sugar Maple Crossing development up in Hermantown. They hope to open before the first of the year. Seems like quite an odd site as it is so far up 53...

Old 07-15-2013, 09:05 AM

129 posts, read 248,744 times
Not a new store but it looks like Taco Bell by the mall is getting a remodel. Anyone know anything about that?

Old 07-15-2013, 09:54 AM

32,944 posts, read 3,929,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblair0023 View Post
I haven't tried Panera but I am 100% with you on Chipotle and Trader Joe's (and/or Whole Foods Market... our WFCoop feels like a convenience store compared to WFM! Every time I go to the cities I stock up on certain things at WFM.)
I agree with you about the Whole Foods Co-Op (WFC). Even though I am a member I don't go in there as much as I used to. I hate the location plus I can get many items cheaper on-line.

This morning I read in the Duluth News-Tribune that they (WFC) are seriously considering a second location. Really? To me it doesn't sound like a good idea financially. Just because they're doing great now doesn't mean a second location won't hurt them in the long run, especially if the new location is in a more desirable part of Duluth (like on the hill). They would be risking losing a lot of customers at the present location to the new one, IMO.

Like you suggested, a much better idea would be a Whole Foods Market (WFM) with a location in Hermantown! I believe the people of Duluth and the surrounding areas would benefit more with WFM rather than a second WFC.

The other places you mentioned also sound like good things to have in Duluth. I sure do love Panera and Chipotle!!

Last edited by geebabe; 07-15-2013 at 10:11 AM..

Old 07-15-2013, 12:54 PM

1,202 posts, read 3,452,289 times
Finally that Taco Bell is getting a remodel! It's been in the works for around 5 years now, wasn't aware that they made a final move on actually getting started. I also am curious to see what Perkins decision is on whether they should remodel or rebuild their location on the corner of Miller Trunk Highway and Trinity.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:48 AM

106 posts, read 223,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geebabe View Post
I agree with you about the Whole Foods Co-Op (WFC). Even though I am a member I don't go in there as much as I used to. I hate the location plus I can get many items cheaper on-line.

This morning I read in the Duluth News-Tribune that they (WFC) are seriously considering a second location. Really? To me it doesn't sound like a good idea financially. Just because they're doing great now doesn't mean a second location won't hurt them in the long run, especially if the new location is in a more desirable part of Duluth (like on the hill). They would be risking losing a lot of customers at the present location to the new one, IMO.

Like you suggested, a much better idea would be a Whole Foods Market (WFM) with a location in Hermantown! I believe the people of Duluth and the surrounding areas would benefit more with WFM rather than a second WFC.

The other places you mentioned also sound like good things to have in Duluth. I sure do love Panera and Chipotle!!
I saw that article too... the worst part about it is they are actually considering for their second location someplace near UMD - they said it could be less than a mile away from the current store. That would be so disappointing! They said something about all the students...? Umm, those students are POOR... they are not going to be all running out to Whole Foods! And if they are, they can certainly travel that extra mile (or less) to get to the current store.

If a second store is going to happen, I think either the Miller Hill area or West Duluth would be the most sensible location. I don't think the West Duluth population has the financial numbers to support it, so in my mind, the Miller Hill area wins. That's fine with me, I get up there at least once a week for errands. Would be easier to get to there than the current location where I have to make a special trip out that way.

With that said, I am *still* in agreement with you - WFM would be a MUCH better option!

Old 07-22-2013, 06:05 PM

17 posts, read 37,519 times
I hear Trader Joes is awesome. I haven't been personally, but that would be a nice option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth