Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2013, 09:38 PM

36 posts, read 94,149 times

Advertisements

Looks like Duluth is getting a Qdoba Mexican Grill. If you go to indeed.com the site has a listing for a manager in a new Duluth MN location. I'm guessing this is what will be going in the Bluestone development.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 09:43 PM

243 posts, read 594,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrockman View Post
Looks like Duluth is getting a Qdoba Mexican Grill. If you go to indeed.com the site has a listing for a manager in a new Duluth MN location. I'm guessing this is what will be going in the Bluestone development.
SWEET! I freakin LOVE Qdoba! I love how they have this pick 2 or pick 3 or something like that lol. Would be great to have Chipotle and Qdoba for sure. Thanks for posting this.

Old 11-08-2013, 04:25 AM

129 posts, read 248,769 times
First on FOX: Chipotle Coming to Duluth in 2014 (Video) | FOX 21 News, KQDS-DT
Get ready for a little Chipotle!

Old 11-15-2013, 07:51 AM

I am so excited to get some Kwik Trip's in Duluth/Superior! They are an incredible company. If you google the company, you will find some really awesome stuff. For one, their employees are FIERCELY loyal, some staying many years. They also give 40% of their profit back to their employees. The owners (a family), say it does slow their expansion, but they believe it is the right thing to do. At every Kwik Trip I have been to, the people are so friendly! I've heard one is going on Highway 53, across from Curtis Oil and out in front of Dickey's BBQ pit and it looks like the land is cleared and leveled for it. Anyone else know of the specific plans for expansion?

Old 11-15-2013, 07:52 AM

Also exciting this morning is that they are planning to tear down the Woodland Middle School site for more housing and retail. On one of the schematics I saw of the site, they actually had an LA Fitness drawn in. I think that would be HUGE for this area. Either a Lifetime or a LA Fitness would be a huge draw to that area. Anyone know of any plans for an LA Fitness or Lifetime in Duluth?

Old 11-15-2013, 03:50 PM

1,833 posts, read 3,352,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbtrips View Post
I am so excited to get some Kwik Trip's in Duluth/Superior! They are an incredible company. If you google the company, you will find some really awesome stuff. For one, their employees are FIERCELY loyal, some staying many years. They also give 40% of their profit back to their employees. The owners (a family), say it does slow their expansion, but they believe it is the right thing to do. At every Kwik Trip I have been to, the people are so friendly! I've heard one is going on Highway 53, across from Curtis Oil and out in front of Dickey's BBQ pit and it looks like the land is cleared and leveled for it. Anyone else know of the specific plans for expansion?
I heard 2 in Duluth and 2 in Superior for starters. Someone we know who works here in SE MN at one said they were planning many for up there but I don't recall hearing an exact number. We have at least 12 here in Roch. I think Duluthians will be pleasantly surprised by Kwik Trip. I've read some comments by skeptics elsewhere because they seem to think it's just a gas station/convenience store. But it's so much more.

ETA: One dozen large eggs 99 cents and one pound butter $1.99 right now.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:10 AM

194 posts, read 400,837 times
I grew up in Duluth/Superior, and will be coming there twice over the next couple of months. Has there been anymore word on when/if Hacienda Del Sol will be reopening on Superior Street?

Old 11-18-2013, 01:52 PM

781 posts, read 2,629,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaJunkieDC View Post
I grew up in Duluth/Superior, and will be coming there twice over the next couple of months. Has there been anymore word on when/if Hacienda Del Sol will be reopening on Superior Street?
According to this DNT article, they will be opening by the end of this month.

Old 11-19-2013, 07:47 AM

194 posts, read 400,837 times
Never mind, found my answer. ;-(

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Old 11-19-2013, 03:15 PM

781 posts, read 2,629,440 times
Yeah, I just saw that in the paper today. It's a real bummer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth