Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2013, 10:20 AM

1,202 posts, read 3,450,040 times

Advertisements

That is awesome news about Jimmy Johns! Finally they will be expanding in Duluth again. It's been quite a while since they have done any expansion in Duluth (not counting the relocation of the East End location across the street).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2013, 09:34 PM

243 posts, read 594,321 times
OK, supposedly Burger King is going to close on London Road as it has been bought out. I know someone that works near there and they thought a gas station was going in there. I see zoning change notices posted on the property. Anyone know for sure what will go there?

Old 03-18-2013, 12:11 AM

49 posts, read 97,122 times
I agree the holiday mall downtown needs a upgrade. Brownie is closing I think that's the name of it. I remember when McDonalds was there and that other book store was there. Another bookstore should move there as well as more retail and restaurants.

Old 03-18-2013, 10:47 AM

192 posts, read 450,891 times
I could never understand why West Marine doesn't have a single location in the Twin Ports? I mean Duluth/Superior is the sailing/boating mecca of the upper midwest and a huge national draw as well for people wanting to sail Superior and go over to the Apostle Islands world renowned for their sailing and beauty. Just weird, West Marine weird??

Old 03-18-2013, 10:48 AM

I'd love to see a Barnes and Noble open downtown. Rochester has a really great one downtown. Not quite sure that Duluth (1) could handle it and (2) if they company is even expanding still being I am pretty sure they just closed a bunch of stores not too far back. It'd be great to see the Holiday Center totally flipped around into a higher end shopping destination.... That however would require a new owner I'm sure.

Old 03-19-2013, 06:47 PM

432 posts, read 1,120,150 times
Yes I've always thought the Holiday Center should be totally upgraded. They always seem to keep the hotel portion updated-it was totally renovated 10 years ago and now they're renovating it again-I think the hotel and retail are both managed seperately. I had no idea that Brownie is closing. That whole space was an Office Depot for only 6 months in the early 2000's and then Brownie opened shortly after. Before that it was McDonald's, A&E Supply, Midwest Vision, Vanity, Waldenbooks and McGregor Soderstrom menswear in the 80's to late 90's. That would be a great space for a Marshall's or Gordmans.

Old 03-19-2013, 06:59 PM

432 posts, read 1,120,150 times
What could the remaining space next to Hobby Lobby be? How about the former Fashion Bug space in the Spirit Valley Center?
Any news or rumors regarding the remaining land at Duluth Hill, restaurant pad next to Residence inn, Greendale site or area next to Sams Club? There was an article in the DNT a couple weeks ago on that proposed strip center where Ground Round was-it's supposed to start soon and have an additional store to the ones mentioned on this thread last year and that the shoe store is actually seperate from the development. Also has anything taken up that space where Recline N Sleep/BragGameRights was? Nothing seems to last in that space and it is a nice new building. I thought at one time a pizza place was supposed to go in there before it was built.

Old 03-21-2013, 03:48 PM

Pizza Ranch originally was planned for that building and was to take half of the second level. Their expansion plans for northern Minnesota were cancelled in 2008 due to the recession and also due to a focus on their expansion in the Minneapolis area.

Old 03-21-2013, 04:25 PM

Subway will be opening a new location within the new Little Store being constructed up by Spirit Mountain. Should bring the total up to 11 in the area.

Old 03-22-2013, 08:17 AM

Jimmy John's has opened in the Denfeld Shopping Center.

Also, has anyone ever thought that CVS might take the land next to Residence Inn? It's directly on a corner that has increasing traffic counts recently and is one of the last largely undeveloped pieces of land. I've heard from sources that that the West Duluth location is not doing as well as they had hoped though.

Never realized how great of visibility Dick's Sporting Goods has from that corner of Trinity and Central Entrance. Kind of changes the corner entirely! Makes me wonder if Perkins still plans to complete their rebuild of that location.

Saw recently too that Taco Bell has completed their renovation of their location in Hinkley. I know a few years back they said the Duluth location was actually slated for a rebuild. Seems like it would most logically be next on the list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth