Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2019, 02:09 PM

10,351 posts, read 8,569,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
You do understand that the ACA max out of pocket isn’t the same thing as your maximum cost right?

Looking up the cost for a 55 year old today is fairly meaningless as your budget point for something 20+ years down the road as the out of pocket max has risen roughly 5% a year over the last four years. In 20 years the family max aca out of pocket would be 42k annually at that rate

I’m not sure what you are referring to. Again you don’t need to fabricate things to discuss or argue against
You're wasting your time as I am too. So many have tried but pinwheel eddie will just ignore it because if he didn't, he would have to acknowledge the multiple faults he has presented.
It's hard for him to keep track of all the baloney he has posted, so it's easier to just act as if he never heard of it or deflect onto something else. Sadly for him all his posts are still here and he can't go back and delete the ones that shoot him in his foot.

Old 12-31-2019, 02:39 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,936,246 times
Quote:
You do understand that the ACA max out of pocket isn’t the same thing as your maximum cost right?

Looking up the cost for a 55 year old today is fairly meaningless as your budget point for something 20+ years down the road as the out of pocket max has risen roughly 5% a year over the last four years. In 20 years the family max aca out of pocket would be 42k annually at that rate

I’m not sure what you are referring to. Again you don’t need to fabricate things to discuss or argue against
In a SHTF health scenario 20 years from now we COULD pay $42k/year toward health costs.

I’m not sure if 99% of my fellow citizens could though.

I will mention though....

A bonus of extreme early retirement is that you always get enough sleep, there’s no work stress and you have plenty of time to focus on your health and happiness.

How do we put a price on THAT?

How do we put a price on always being available to help, console, cheer for and guide your children?

How do we put a price on always being available for your significant other?

As another poster mentioned, humans kinda suck at risk assessment.

Last edited by eddiehaskell; 12-31-2019 at 02:58 PM..

Old 12-31-2019, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
You're wasting your time as I am too. So many have tried but pinwheel eddie will just ignore it because if he didn't, he would have to acknowledge the multiple faults he has presented.
It's hard for him to keep track of all the baloney he has posted, so it's easier to just act as if he never heard of it or deflect onto something else. Sadly for him all his posts are still here and he can't go back and delete the ones that shoot him in his foot.
You’re understandably frustrated. My retirement philosophy is essentially bulletproof.

Now without bloviating too much, please list your top 3 reasons that my retirement plan won’t work. THIS is your opportunity to sink my ship.

GO!

Old 12-31-2019, 03:22 PM

5,424 posts, read 3,492,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Some will take my words and run and others won’t.
But you haven't given any details on your plan so how would a 20 year old follow your "words" so they can retire at early 30s? That is what is so frustrating to me in your thread, there is no detail to your plan.

And if I'm just answering the question in your thread heading, my answer is no.

Old 12-31-2019, 03:24 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,587,222 times
Quote:
In a SHTF health scenario 20 years from now we COULD pay $42k/year toward health costs.

I’m not sure if 99% of my fellow citizens could though.

I will mention though....

A bonus of extreme early retirement is that you always get enough sleep, there’s no work stress and you have plenty of time to focus on your health and happiness.

How do we put a price on THAT?

How do we put a price on always being available to help, console, cheer for and guide your children?

How do we put a price on always being available for your significant other?

As another poster mentioned, humans kinda suck at risk assessment.

We aren’t talking about shtf scenarios. You believe you have it all figured out and I have no reason to believe that’s accurate. Best of luck to you and your family

Old 12-31-2019, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
But you haven't given any details on your plan so how would a 20 year old follow your "words" so they can retire at early 30s? That is what is so frustrating to me in your thread, there is no detail to your plan.

And if I'm just answering the question in your thread heading, my answer is no.
Work, live below means, save, buy home, hit a certain number, retire.

It’s that easy.

Old 12-31-2019, 03:35 PM

Quote:
We aren’t talking about shtf scenarios. You believe you have it all figured out and I have no reason to believe that’s accurate. Best of luck to you and your family
I would call $42k/year on health cost at 55 to essentially be a SHTF scenario.

Old 12-31-2019, 04:11 PM

5,424 posts, read 3,492,007 times
Quote:
Why do some people have to declare bankruptcy due to medical costs then?

Old 12-31-2019, 04:12 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,587,222 times
Quote:

20+ years from now it won’t be anywhere shtf but you dream your dream

Old 12-31-2019, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Why do some people have to declare bankruptcy due to medical costs then?
Because median net worth for age 55-64 is around $164k?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.