Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2010, 07:53 PM

40 posts, read 279,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavera17 View Post
Oh and tell me about those stories. I never get bored hearing these stories. I will probably become a paranormal investigator as a side job.
I first started noticing the paranormal when I was in high school. I lived in a navy housing area in Alameda, CA, called Marina Village. There were old warehouses all around the area that were rumored to have been overflow mortuaries during WWII. I don't know how valid those stories were.

Anyway, I was walking around the housing area at night with a friend of mine. In military housing, they build parks for the kids. We went around the corner of a house toward one of these parks. There was a basketball court and an aluminum picnic bench in front of us. Sitting on the aluminum bench was the figure of a nun. She was dressed in an traditional nun's habit and was semi-transparent. She was looking down at the bench and never looked up at us. My friend and I stopped, looked at one another, turned and left. We didn't speak until we got quite a ways away from the park.

If this were to happen to me now, I would approach her as opposed to walking away.

Typically, I would dispute the validity of this story since I was young and crazy at the time. The only thing that convinces me that we actually saw what we saw was the fact the we both saw the nun and reacted the same. We both acknowledged what we saw after leaving the area. The housing area has changed quite a bit since I lived there and most of the warehouses have all been torn down.

Here is the park on Google maps:

alameda, ca - Google Maps

I have had many other paranormal experiences in my life; this was just the first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 10:33 PM

187 posts, read 481,755 times
Just an update, I believe I was supposed to give an update on the paranormal society to visit a couple of old homes in the small town of fabens. I did run into a legal battle with one of the tenants so I was unable to follow up with them. Currently I have both homes occupied with new tenants. I will keep this thread updated if they encounter anything. Sorry about the long delay.

Old 05-12-2010, 02:18 PM

25 posts, read 96,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txrattler View Post
I have another favor to ask of you El Paso. I have been trying for some time now to contact the owners of the building where the restaurant "Sombras del Pasado" used to be. I have had no luck in finding who this building belongs to. The building I am speaking about is on the old mission trail on the lower valley part of town. Does anyone know who might own the building? I have found several phone numbers, but they are all either disconnected, or wrong numbers. El Paso if you know the building I am speaking about, and know who may own it, please feel free to contact me at txrattler76@yahoo.com. I would really appreciate it.

Muhnay, this may be a challenge even for you.

Thanks again El Paso.
OK, this is only 2 years later, but that building was a restaurant even 30 years ago, called Riverside Trading Post or Riverside Trading Company. WE ate there often---back then it was WAY out of town! It had the same sense of presence as many older buildings. I never witnessed any manifestations, but felt claustrophobic inside, so we always ate out on the patio.

Old 05-13-2010, 09:41 AM

32 posts, read 98,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xYOSHIx View Post

ugh my comp isn't letting bring up the map .. only 1/4 of it loads... but from what i saw, it does look like those are the directions to the site. The Street that leads you to hole in the wall is off of socorro rd after passing san elizario high school

Old 05-13-2010, 01:11 PM

491 posts, read 1,046,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1meow View Post
OK, this is only 2 years later, but that building was a restaurant even 30 years ago, called Riverside Trading Post or Riverside Trading Company. WE ate there often---back then it was WAY out of town! It had the same sense of presence as many older buildings. I never witnessed any manifestations, but felt claustrophobic inside, so we always ate out on the patio.
PITT did an investigation on Sombras del Pasado, but I'm not sure of the exact date it was done. They showed me a DVD (back in June 2009) that they had put together of their findings on this place. MAN, it is definitely one of the BEST videos I have EVER seen of paranormal activity going on!!! The EVPs thay captured are unmistakable, and even in one shot you can see something (I can't remember if it was an orb, or an object) shoot clearly across the screen. They mentioned they were going to sell the DVDs when Halloween came around, but I never heard anything else from them.

Old 05-13-2010, 02:06 PM

25 posts, read 96,393 times
Well, I will be looking for it in October, then! I had heard over the years that the building was haunted, but never thought much about it. When I saw the picture, though, I remembered it well.
It used to be waaaaaaay out there, and now it's just a short drive. This city has grown so fast!

Old 05-13-2010, 02:58 PM

491 posts, read 1,046,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1meow View Post
Well, I will be looking for it in October, then! I had heard over the years that the building was haunted, but never thought much about it. When I saw the picture, though, I remembered it well.
It used to be waaaaaaay out there, and now it's just a short drive. This city has grown so fast!
I'm sorry, I didn't specify, they were wanting to sell their DVDs for Halloween 2009. I never heard anything about them coming out after all, though.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:26 PM

40 posts, read 279,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_915_tib View Post
ugh my comp isn't letting bring up the map .. only 1/4 of it loads... but from what i saw, it does look like those are the directions to the site. The Street that leads you to hole in the wall is off of socorro rd after passing san elizario high school
Yeah, the name of the street on the map is actually Hole in the Wall. It turns into a few more streets after that. The church or what I think is the church is in a dirt lot and the cemetery is right down the street. It's waaaaay out there! LOL

Old 05-16-2010, 08:05 PM

158 posts, read 439,155 times
I have heard the story of the kids getting hit by the train on the school bus. However, I heard those stories when I was stationed at Ft Sam Houston in San Antonio. The adjoining neighborhood supposedly has streets named for the kids. I know where this neighborhood is, but never checked it out. Here is an alleged photo at the site:
http://www.ghostpictures.cc/pics/tn_ghost-lingers-near-railroad-crossing-near-san-antonio-texas.jpg (broken link)
Ghost Lingers Near Railroad Crossing Near San Antonio, Texas - Ghost Pictures

No clue if it is true or not. I was just surprised to see the same story repeated here in El Paso.

Old 05-19-2010, 08:57 AM

22 posts, read 82,643 times
Yesterday some friends and I went to that house on silver street at about eleven pm and we stayed there for about an hour. We just explored the outside though. There's a sensor light in the front and when we got there it was on and while we were there the light kept turning on and off. It wasn't us causing it to turn on we weren't even near it. It was pretty creepy. Also the wind also kicked up out of nowhere and stopped suddenly. When we were near the house we just got cold and when we left we got warm again. I kept getting chills down my spine. Does anyone know how to get permission to go inside the house?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso