Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2012, 08:05 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
I find it funny how repubs are exaggerating the Paul Ryan bump. They point out one or two flawed conservative leaning polls and all of a sudden Romney will be our next president. Its wishful thinking and American isn't stupid. They realize that it was republicans in congress who have blocked anything Obama has tried to do to get this country back on track. They have admitted that. Mitch McConnell even said his goal was to make sure Obama fails.

I believe you have the wrong thread....
This isn't about Paul Ryan. It is about Ron Paul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2012, 01:21 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,930,197 times
The thing about Ron Paul is he and supporters recognize that only "grass root" has any chance at real change. Without it the govt owned and controlled "just about everything" isn't going away. This article talks about those CAFRs and why it is always about the funds. Whether it is senator hair care or health care. Though admittedly RP doesn't really discuss this topic either.

The Biggest Game In Town: Walter Burien And Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports

Walter Burien And Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports | Gathering Spot
quote:
That “taxpayer money” gets sent directly into what we’ll call a government “holding account” for a while, sometimes years and years before that public project actually begins.
Now, that money doesn’t just sit there… It is invested. It gains interest. It builds up extreme wealth – months or years of interest and capital gains on investments from that originally taxpayer funded money. This is all transpired digitally, of course.

But when it comes time to use that original amount of money for the project of which it was intended months or years later, the capital gains (profits) of that supposedly dormant money are separated from the original amount placed into the “holding account” and stay in the governments discretionary investment coffers and are then reinvested not for the benefit of the people, but for the wealth and profit of the corporate government. The problem and the inherent crime here is this – that profit is no longer considered tax-payer (public) owned money, since it was earned by investment or by accrued interest.
-------------------------
Oh and here.
quote:
For instance, (over 1%) or 1 out of every 100 Americans are in prison. That’s 3 million plus people! That’s more than any other country in the world, including Korea and Communist China. Many prisons are now built or owned by private companies like Halliburton, since this industry was deregulated and private corporations are now allowed to build and maintain prisons. It’s big business… and cheap forced labor. And the government owns these corporations as well, through collective investment.

Last edited by CDusr; 08-18-2012 at 01:39 PM..

Old 08-18-2012, 10:24 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,561,284 times
CDuser, is this true?
It's a very lengthy article that I won't even pretend to understand, or want to, but I bet you do.

And so at any time, the congress can require an unrestricted audit with the simple pushing of a few vote buttons and the signing of a pen, without any obfuscation or problem from or by the Federal Reserve system or its Board – or even the president of the United States. And this includes the so-called Audit the Fed bill that has pulled most of us into its all but worthless verbiage - a bill that would do absolutely nothing to create a new audit of the Federal Reserve, and which does not do one thing to acknowledge or change the reporting structure of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) - the actual ”independently audited” financial statements of the Federal Reserve system available to the public (and to the congress).
The Incontrovertible Conundrum Of Dr. Ron Paul « REALITY BLOG

That portion was found under this statement
Quote:
Now, for those of you who support without reservation or in depth examination the notion that Ron Paul’s Audit The Fed Bill will actually “help me (Ron Paul) make history – and help change the course of the country – by passing Audit the Fed through Congress”, well then I have a bridge in Brooklyn I’d like to sell you!

Old 08-19-2012, 04:26 AM

3,526 posts, read 3,730,365 times
Default Ron Paul For All

Ron Paul campaign files second appeal for Louisiana delegates – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Quote:
Ron Paul's presidential campaign isn't done fighting for more delegates at the Republican National Convention. The Texas congressman's campaign sent a memo to the all RNC members, its counsel's office and the convention's credentials committee Friday evening, ahead of its second appeal to strip Louisiana of its delegates to the convention because of rules that it says were violated during the state convention.
A fighter against unjust laws and a man who truly believes in the Constitution.

Save us, Ron Paul. You are our only hope.

Old 08-19-2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
CDuser, is this true?
It's a very lengthy article that I won't even pretend to understand, or want to, but I bet you do.

And so at any time, the congress can require an unrestricted audit with the simple pushing of a few vote buttons and the signing of a pen, without any obfuscation or problem from or by the Federal Reserve system or its Board – or even the president of the United States. And this includes the so-called Audit the Fed bill that has pulled most of us into its all but worthless verbiage - a bill that would do absolutely nothing to create a new audit of the Federal Reserve, and which does not do one thing to acknowledge or change the reporting structure of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) - the actual ”independently audited” financial statements of the Federal Reserve system available to the public (and to the congress).
The Incontrovertible Conundrum Of Dr. Ron Paul « REALITY BLOG

That portion was found under this statement
Ok I read that and feel somethings were made a bit too black and white. Congress can do a whole lot, they seem to pass the buck. There are individuals that steer the ships and policies. Govt is the machine.

The audit from what I can see gave information that the current audit didn't cover. Also who is doing the audit? The audit the fed bill is for the GAO to do the audit I believe. They are the ones that do state CAFRs iirc. It covers specific aspects of the code. He also interprets verbiage differently than myself. Pertaining to permission for onsite audits.

If you read other postings he did on that subject and the subject of the gold on the CAFR reports you can see he changed his tune a bit because the "gold" issue appears deliberately convoluted. He also was unsure of the subject of CAFRs discussion in terms of policy. Meaning reps have to follow the laws, their own rules etc...

To date I have seen only 1 rep mention a CAFR. Why?

There has been evidence of legal action against the fed also, so that may be part of it. That is a story in itself.

I have seen information suggesting that there is much behind the scenes in our economy that lowly citizens are not told about.

Also someone can talk about how a law is written, but there are those who get special privileges in regard to it. So just saying this is the law or regulation on paper doesn't mean that in practice it actually works that way.

The section from the code in question off that article. See what is not included. RP has mentioned this. In fact RP doesn't make some of the claims this article is suggesting. Not that I have seen anyway. People try to make very black and white conclusions sometimes. I think you have to be cautious about that.

quote:
(b) Under regulations of the Comptroller General, the Comptroller General shall audit an agency, but may carry out an onsite examination of an open insured bank or bank holding company only if the appropriate agency has consented in writing. Audits of the Board and Federal reserve banks may not include
(1) transactions for or with a foreign central bank, government of a foreign country, or nonprivate international financing organization;
(2) deliberations, decisions, or actions on monetary policy matters, including discount window operations, reserves of member banks, securities credit, interest on deposits, and open market operations;
(3) transactions made under the direction of the Federal Open Market Committee; or
(4) a part of a discussion or communication among or between members of the Board and officers and employees of the Federal Reserve System related to clauses (1)–(3) of this subsection.

Last edited by CDusr; 08-19-2012 at 02:45 PM..

Old 08-19-2012, 02:35 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,561,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Ok I read that and feel somethings were made a bit too black and white. Congress can do a whole lot, they seem to pass the buck. There are individuals that steer the ships and policies. Govt is the machine.

The audit from what I can see gave information that the current audit didn't cover. Also who is doing the audit? The audit the fed bill is for the GAO to do the audit I believe. They are the ones that do state CAFRs iirc. It covers specific aspects of the code. He also interprets verbiage differently than myself. Pertaining to permission for onsite audits.

If you read other postings he did on that subject and the subject of the gold on the CAFR reports you can see he changed his tune a bit because the "gold" issue appears deliberately convoluted. He also was unsure of the subject of CAFRs discussion in terms of policy. Meaning reps have to follow the laws etc...

To date I have seen only 1 rep mention a CAFR. Why?

There has been evidence of legal action against the fed also, so that may be part of it. That is a story in itself.

I have seen evidence that there is much behind the scenes in our economy that lowly citizens are not told about.

Also someone can talk about how a law is written, but there are those who get special privileges in regard to it. So just saying this is the law or regulation on paper doesn't mean that in practice it actually works that way.
Thank you for taking the time to give your opinion, I'm not quite sure I follow it though. As far as I'm concerned, I will trust Ron Paul and trust he knows what he is doing. A true audit I don't believe we have seen, to date.

Old 08-19-2012, 02:41 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budgetlord View Post
Ron Paul campaign files second appeal for Louisiana delegates – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

A fighter against unjust laws and a man who truly believes in the Constitution.

Save us, Ron Paul. You are our only hope.
too little, too late...

Old 08-19-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Thank you for taking the time to give your opinion, I'm not quite sure I follow it though. As far as I'm concerned, I will trust Ron Paul and trust he knows what he is doing. A true audit I don't believe we have seen, to date.
I think RP's intentions are good. Does that mean that an audit will change everything? I am doubtful, not unless Congress decides to really do something. I do think CAFRs are a very important subject consciously avoided. This needs to stop. When you are discussing financing you need to discuss real accounting not just your fabricated budget.

You can criticize RP, but seems I see people trying to suggest "nefarious" purposes at times based on little. Seems a bit of a leap.

I think the blogger is really just trying to get people out of this perceived "savior" idea. I think that is phony too. People may like RP, but they do not think he walks on water. That is absolutely not what RP supporters are all about from my view.

Old 08-19-2012, 03:36 PM

1,013 posts, read 909,882 times
CDusr I doubt the audit will do anything more than cause even more dystopia on the population.
they will become more disgusted with the banksters.

We know what they are doing already for the ones awake. they are very likely funneling money to related parties that are within their club and not really helping anyone else besides themselves.

Like we need an audit for that? We already know we just need proof. The audit will likely provide more proof.
but what congress does with that is another story

MY GUESS? NOTHING!

Congress is totally and utterly useless as is the president and court system they are all bought and paid for right now.

if you saw the news goldman sachs got off free from the subprime mess after they intentionally sold fraudulent subprime mortgages. Where they should be in jail they are out scott free without any penalty.

The system has completely been corrupted now all 3 branches of government.
Jon corzine is still out loose and wants to start trading again and steal more money
Eric holder?

what about Romney he will do exactly the same thing Obama will and let these criminals go.

I dont see the USA getting out of this election alive both will drag us through the pits of hell and beyond and rape us for eternity.

If they do any false flag I propose everyone revolt at this point. IF even judges wont stop this BS we need to do something.

This is what the occupy should be protesting but they dont even know what the heck they want to protest. Because of that they are just fools.

Old 08-19-2012, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen811 View Post
CDusr I doubt the audit will do anything more than cause even more dystopia on the population.
they will become more disgusted with the banksters.

We know what they are doing already for the ones awake. they are very likely funneling money to related parties that are within their club and not really helping anyone else besides themselves.

Like we need an audit for that? We already know we just need proof. The audit will likely provide more proof.
but what congress does with that is another story

MY GUESS? NOTHING!

Congress is totally and utterly useless as is the president and court system they are all bought and paid for right now.

if you saw the news goldman sachs got off free from the subprime mess after they intentionally sold fraudulent subprime mortgages. Where they should be in jail they are out scott free without any penalty.

The system has completely been corrupted now all 3 branches of government.
Jon corzine is still out loose and wants to start trading again and steal more money
Eric holder?

what about Romney he will do exactly the same thing Obama will and let these criminals go.

I dont see the USA getting out of this election alive both will drag us through the pits of hell and beyond and rape us for eternity.

If they do any false flag I propose everyone revolt at this point. IF even judges wont stop this BS we need to do something.

This is what the occupy should be protesting but they dont even know what the heck they want to protest. Because of that they are just fools.
Well it is all intertwined. The govt owns controlling shares of GS and JPM so they are going to do what is in their interest not yours. This is at the heart of the matter. Same reason they outsourced the jobs.

The govt owns controlling shares in all of this. That is why CAFRs are so important. Is the FED also at the heart of this. Most certainly. "We the people" are the only ones likely to make it right. However, we need to know what is happening and how it works. This is very important.

Discussing CAFRS and TRFs are a meaningful conversation, not whether you are left or right. You hitched your dog to you car ages ago, or ate some dog. All of that is superfluous, trivial diversions.

Asking RP why he doesn't mention CAFRs would be a question worth asking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections