Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2012, 09:57 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,930,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
It should not occur on my property unless I give them the privilege of going onto my land. You forget about property rights again?
It's okay to feed them as long as others don't see them?

Cities set limits on serving food to homeless people - USATODAY.com

Dallas also limits outdoor food giveaways to approved locations. Those distributing food must take a food-handling course and get a city permit, says Karen Rayzer, director of environmental and health services. A violator can be fined $2,000.
Orlando adopted an ordinance in July that requires a permit to serve more than 25 people in a park within 2 miles of City Hall, where most food giveaways were taking place. An applicant may serve twice a year in each park.

Is it against the law to feed stray animals too?

Like you said, it still can be done, but why does it have to be hard to help others?
The fact that people support this kind of control is amazing. I saw an issue awhile back where some locals became aware of children dumpster diving in an area they didn't believe was all that "bad off". So they decided to do some feeding. This is good, but it was a one time deal and only one day, so hardly addressed the issue. Though it did make the paper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2012, 10:09 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,326,009 times
Quote:
Yet you think big government which has destroyed the economy and proven themselves to be costly and inefficient is the answer? Ron Paul supporters are not the ones divorced from reality here.
So I guess we really shouldn't find it surprising that big government types have constructed an alternate "fairy tale" past as well. It's a shame the ones who do get it, have to live it. BTW it's not a fairy tale, it's a nightmare of mob rule.
As opposed to letting a whacked out minority run things?

Sorry, it just AIN'T gonna happen.
The fact that you THINK you know how to run things best doesn't give the RIGHT run things the way you want. The American People have to agree to you running things. You folks spend all this time complaining about government abuse of power - and yet YOU think like DICTATORS.

Ken

Last edited by LordBalfor; 08-09-2012 at 10:57 AM..

Old 08-09-2012, 10:21 AM

[quote=Loveshiscountry;25555452]LMAO you still refuse to address the FACT that a less skilled, less qualified labor force equates to a weaker product and weaker efficiency. Efficiency isn't in your vocabulary is it? You still refuse to address the FACT that there were little in the way of quality goods to purchase because little was produced. Guess why Americans saved during the war years? I'll have to tell you again, there wasn't much quality wise to purchase. Good economy pfffft. How does poorer quality equate to a good economy? Because we have more of it? This food may taste like raw sewage but there's tons of it. [quote]

LOTS was produced, just not a lot of commercial goods.
What does THAT have to do with anything?
And - aside from a few specific items (notably the Sherman) - I don't think the troops complained too much about the quality. Certainly our airplanes and ships did just fine - and where we didn't match our enemies in quality we more than made up for in quantity.
Folks had jobs, wages were good, factories were running at full speed. The economy was focused a single important thing - WINNING THE WAR. Despite their grumbling, I don't think most really minded the sacrifice of some comsumer goods if it meant their men off at war were safer. Certainly there were few problems with moral here at home. Despite shortages, most people who lived at the time seem consider the WWII years to be "good" years and look back on them fondly. There's more to a good economy than simply how many consumer goods you have.

Ken

Old 08-09-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post

The fact that you THINK you know how to run things best doesn't give the RIGHT run things the way you want. The American People have to agree to you running things. You folks spend all this time complaining about government abuse of power - and yet YOU think like DICTATORS.

Ken
Again who is "you folks"? Who is this so-called "whacked out minority"? I didn't see anybody claim the right to run anything. Seems a rather bi-polar reaction.

How about following the constitution? Protecting individual liberties and stop creating victimless crimes?

Old 08-09-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Again who is "you folks"? Who is this so-called "whacked out minority"?
If you haven't figured it out by now after all I've posted, well then....

So you REALLY think the Paul supporters represent the majority of the American people - or even the GOP?
If so - WHY hasn't he dominated the GOP primaries?
As I said - MINORITY.

Ken

Old 08-09-2012, 11:29 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:

Ken
Again you miss the point. The policies I follow and I myself are not trying to run things.
The entire problem which you somehow cannot grasp is an oligarchy should not run others lives for them. Rights matter.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Again you miss the point. The policies I follow and I myself are not trying to run things.
Sure you are. YOU just don't consider it "running things".

Ken

Old 08-09-2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:
If you haven't figured it out by now after all I've posted, well then....

So you REALLY think the Paul supporters represent the majority of the American people - or even the GOP?
If so - WHY hasn't he dominated the GOP primaries?
As I said - MINORITY.

Ken
You seem to be making broad sweeping assumptions about individuals based on very little. Whether you think "RP supporters" are a majority is irrelevant. It is your other labeling that is presumptive. Just plain silly. Like saying all Dems are this or all Reps are that. People are all individuals.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:40 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
LOTS was produced, just not a lot of commercial goods.
What does THAT have to do with anything?
And - aside from a few specific items (notably the Sherman) - I don't think the troops complained too much about the quality. Certainly our airplanes and ships did just fine - and where we didn't match our enemies in quality we more than made up for in quantity.
Folks had jobs, wages were good, factories were running at full speed. The economy was focused a single important thing - WINNING THE WAR. Despite their grumbling, I don't think most really minded the sacrifice of some cosumer goods if it meant their men off at war were safer. Certainly there were few problems with moral here at home. Despite shortages, most people who lived at the time seem consider the WWII years to be "good" years and look back on them fondly. There's more to a good economy than simply how many consumer goods you have.

Ken
People do not look fondly back on the war years as good times. They look fondly back for the sole reason we won. If everything on the economy remained the same and we lost would you say it was good times?
Since when is hundreds of thousands of Americans dying equated with good times? Since when does working your tail off and not have anything of value to show for it equate to good times?
You're a bit too full of America.

How many consumer goods one has or just that are available, the different choices, is a way to measure quality of life.
Think if all that effort and money went into producing as well as technology for non war machine goods. That is a point often missed by big government types. No thought given to the ones who were not hand picked to be winners and losers and what their businesses may have accomplished. But they didnt get the chance because the free market and the will of the people was squashed once again by the the forceful hand of government.

But jobs were created so not much else matters, right? All those jobs created when Texas got the Super Collider to nowhere that cost taxpayers billions of dollars and didn't produce was a good thing because jobs were created???? Never mind that Americans would have spent that money, their money to be more exact, on things they wanted which would have created jobs. I bet not everything the individual buys will be a black hole like the Super Collider was.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
People do not look fondly back on the war years as good times. They look fondly back for the sole reason we won. If everything on the economy remained the same and we lost would you say it was good times?
Since when is hundreds of thousands of Americans dying equated with good times? Since when does working your tail off and not have anything of value to show for it equate to good times?
You're a bit too full of America.

How many consumer goods one has or just that are available, the different choices, is a way to measure quality of life.
Think if all that effort and money went into producing as well as technology for non war machine goods. That is a point often missed by big government types. No thought given to the ones who were not hand picked to be winners and losers and what their businesses may have accomplished. But they didnt get the chance because the free market and the will of the people was squashed once again by the the forceful hand of government.

But jobs were created so not much else matters, right? All those jobs created when Texas got the Super Collider to nowhere that cost taxpayers billions of dollars and didn't produce was a good thing because jobs were created???? Never mind that Americans would have spent that money, their money to be more exact, on things they wanted which would have created jobs. I bet not everything the individual buys will be a black hole like the Super Collider was.
People DO look back fondly at the war years. In spite of the privations morale was high and there was a shared sense of sacrifice that bound everyone together. Everyone I've talked to who lived at that time (and much of what I've read backs this up - and I've read a LOT about WWII since I'm history buff) says more or less the same thing - in spite of the privatations and worry about their loved ones it was generally considered a good time in their lives. Clearly there is more to life than just "how much stuff can I buy" (maybe you should learn from that). Aside from the fact that immaterial things matter, there's the fact that entertainment was cheap and plentiful and more folks than ever had the money to spend on it.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections