Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2012, 12:00 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,323,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
You seem to be making broad sweeping assumptions about individuals based on very little. Whether you think "RP supporters" are a majority is irrelevant. It is your other labeling that is presumptive. Just plain silly. Like saying all Dems are this or all Reps are that. People are all individuals.
And the people I'm addressing HERE (on THIS board) - all seem to fall into the pattern I've mentioned.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2012, 12:06 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,930,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
And the people I'm addressing HERE (on THIS board) - all seem to fall into the pattern I've mentioned.

Ken
ALL the people on THIS board seem to fall into what pattern?

Not to contradict your individual experience btw, but I have talked to many who do not speak fondly of the war time, as you say. They lost many loved ones, were often waiting to lose another and had to struggle.

Granted the shared suffering did give people some support. However, to paint the war in a positive fashion is a view with which I would disagree.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:21 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,323,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
ALL the people on THIS board seem to fall into what pattern?

Not to contradict your individual experience btw, but I have talked to many who do not speak fondly of the war time, as you say. They lost many loved ones, were often waiting to lose another and had to struggle.

Granted the shared suffering did give people some support. However, to paint the war in a positive fashion is a view with which I would disagree.
As I've already told you what "pattern" and given you examples - even to the point of posted quotes from other RP supporters here. There's not much more I can add.

Ken

Old 08-10-2012, 05:55 AM

30,254 posts, read 23,725,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
Here is a question that I've never been able to figure out about you libertarians, who is your voting base? You can forget about the minority vote and any liberals. The only people I see even being interested in your party is rich white people?
Well, I'm white but I sure am not rich. I'm also not a college student and I'm not in my 20s. Any other questions?

Here's what I don't understand about some of you posting on here:

You come on here and laugh, mock and jeer about Ron Paul supporters and crack up that our "hope" is dead. You actually think it's funny.

Will you be laughing when more of your rights are taken away? Will you be laughing when prices continue to go up and up and up?

Will you be laughing when you have MORE taxes taken out of your paychecks, presuming you even get a paycheck the way the economy is going?

Will you be laughing when we get attacked again?

Will you be laughing when more and more and more illegals come in and take everything, including jobs...and they don't just do the menial work anymore...they are coming to take your job.

Will you be laughing when things start to crumble?

Will you be laughing when we go to yet another war?

Will you be laughing when our Constitution is all but completely shredded?

Will it be funny then?

Old 08-10-2012, 06:06 AM

30,254 posts, read 23,725,162 times
Quote:
Kind of hard to work for something and achieve something when we will constantly be discriminated against because of the color of our skin. At the end of the day it doesn't matter because Ron Paul won't sniff the the oval office, or gary johnson, or whatever other moron you guys put up.
Serious question:

What makes you think that doesn't happen now, they just don't voice it?

Old 08-10-2012, 06:13 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,677,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Well, I'm white but I sure am not rich. I'm also not a college student and I'm not in my 20s. Any other questions?

You come on here and laugh, mock and jeer about Ron Paul supporters and crack up that our "hope" is dead. You actually think it's funny.

Will you be laughing when more of your rights are taken away? Will you be laughing when prices continue to go up and up and up?

Will you be laughing when you have MORE taxes taken out of your paychecks, presuming you even get a paycheck the way the economy is going?

Will you be laughing when more and more and more illegals come in and take everything, including jobs...and they don't just do the menial work anymore...they are coming to take your job.

Will it be funny then?

It is because they don't realize things will only get worse from here and everyone will be affected.

It is so high school. "haha, my guy won! Take that! Yours is a loser! Hahahahaha".

The American people are the ones losing in the end.

Old 08-10-2012, 07:11 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:
Here is a question that I've never been able to figure out about you libertarians, who is your voting base? You can forget about the minority vote and any liberals. The only people I see even being interested in your party is rich white people?

I'm not rich by any means. Some months I barely get by.

Fiscally Conservative and Socially Moderate, is my take on things.
I take the US Constitution very seriously.

If you are willing to compromise on your values, how am I to trust you with the US Constitution?

Notice?..... it is the Progressives that hate Ron Paul, more than Mitt Romney. Guess why??????

Old 08-10-2012, 07:22 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,983,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I'm not rich by any means. Some months I barely get by.

Fiscally Conservative and Socially Moderate, is my take on things.
I take the US Constitution very seriously.

If you are willing to compromise on your values, how am I to trust you with the US Constitution?

Notice?..... it is the Progressives that hate Ron Paul, more than Mitt Romney. Guess why??????

Hmmmm....... Could it be that Romney and Obama are one in the same?

Old 08-10-2012, 07:25 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,983,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

Will it be funny then?

I think that he thinks Ron Paul is racist and that Ron Paul would strip the rights of black citizens, which couldn't be further from the truth! And for the record, were it the truth I couldn't support the guy.

Old 08-10-2012, 07:28 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Hmmmm....... Could it be that Romney and Obama are one in the same?

Well, it is documented with words from Mitt's own mouth. "I am a Progressive Republican"

Trying to paint him as a Conservative and shove him down the Conservative throat, is not working too well.

There will be rounds of boos at the GOP Convention in Tampa, with the list of Progressive speakers they lined up. There will be NO unity. It will in no way be "politically correct". We the people will tell it like it is.
The cancer will meet the cure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections