Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2012, 06:23 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,561,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Well it is all intertwined. The govt owns controlling shares of GS and JPM so they are going to do what is in their interest not yours. This is at the heart of the matter. Same reason they outsourced the jobs.

The govt owns controlling shares in all of this. That is why CAFRs are so important. Is the FED also at the heart of this. Most certainly. "We the people" are the only ones likely to make it right. However, we need to know what is happening and how it works. This is very important.

Discussing CAFRS and TRFs are a meaningful conversation, not whether you are left or right. You hitched your dog to you car ages ago, or ate some dog. All of that is superfluous, trivial diversions.

Asking RP why he doesn't mention CAFRs would be a question worth asking.
now who's talking about dogs? stop that.
I thought gen's post was right-on. You have a lot of work to do in educating the public about CAFR's. It's a great point, but it's likely to go over most people's heads. Kind of like talking about tax policy, which makes many of us want to take a nap.
There was that article about CA having 600 Billion according to the CAFR. A lot of good that did! I'm glad it's exposed, but now what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2012, 07:02 PM

Even I find this article interesting. wow factor

The Great Revealing: US Marshals Expose Biggest Scandal in History

PROOF OF A WORLDWIDE INTERLOCKING DIRECTORATE

Three scientists from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich -- Vitali, Glattfelder and Battiston -- recently found conclusive proof that the world is being run by a vast interlocking directorate.

The computer power, database and networking capabilities necessary to prove this point were not available until recently.

Their results were published in New Scientist, a respected science magazine.

THE CORE IS EARNING 20 PERCENT OF ALL THE PROFITS ON EARTH
This is still just the beginning. It gets much more outrageous from here.

This "core" of 1,318 companies owns other corporations that, in total, are earning 20 percent of all the money there is to make in the world.

The quotes to prove this will appear in just a minute.

This fact alone reveals that there is an astonishing monopoly at play in the world.

Any interconnected matrix of control like this should be subject to vast, sweeping anti-trust legislation.

Otherwise, there are all sorts of insider moves that can be made to financially exploit the people.

Old 08-19-2012, 08:55 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,930,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post

Three scientists from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich -- Vitali, Glattfelder and Battiston -- recently found conclusive proof that the world is being run by a vast interlocking directorate.

The computer power, database and networking capabilities necessary to prove this point were not available until recently.

This "core" of 1,318 companies owns other corporations that, in total, are earning 20 percent of all the money there is to make in the world.

This fact alone reveals that there is an astonishing monopoly at play in the world.

Any interconnected matrix of control like this should be subject to vast, sweeping anti-trust legislation.

Otherwise, there are all sorts of insider moves that can be made to financially exploit the people.
Yes I posted this study many times in the past. Very significant. We are talking 80% of global wealth. Now you look at who is in charge of that and how they are self regulated. I would say that is news worthy.
Revealed – the capitalist network that runs the world ... - New Scientist

CAFRs really aren't hard to understand. They are made a bit convoluted in places, but the idea is simple. It is why it isn't being discussed. It is very big. However, some still believe whatever they are told w/o discussing details.

Your govt investing in keeping you in debt. Do you want that?
Your govt owning just about everything? Do you want that?
Your govt profiting off of you, but not giving you the proceeds that originate with you? Do you want that?
Your govt privatizing all those "public" assets you paid for, profiting further and you left holding the bag. Do you want that?

To me these really aren't complicated to see and understand once you see what is happening.
As I said before Mitt seems like the perfect candidate for the next phase of Global Inc. That is mass privatizing of govt infrastructure.

It's already been happening, but they have to kick it up to keep the party going. Once they corporatize everything out of our structures which try to make them accountable, they don't have to come to peeps for approval. As long as they can keep things moving on.

Have fun reading CH. (lol)

Last edited by CDusr; 08-19-2012 at 09:14 PM..

Old 08-19-2012, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Yes I posted this study many times in the past. Very significant. We are talking 80% of global wealth. Now you look at who is in charge of that and how they are self regulated. I would say that is news worthy.

CAFRs really aren't hard to understand. They are made a bit convoluted in places, but the idea is simple. It is why it isn't being discussed. It is very big. However, some still believe whatever they are told w/o discussing details.

Your govt profiting off of you, but not giving you the proceeds that originate with you? Do you want that?
Your govt privatizing all those "public" assets you paid for, profiting further and you left holding the bag. Do you want that?

To me these really aren't complicated to see and understand once you see what is happening.
As I said before Mitt seems like the perfect candidate for the next phase of Global Inc. That is mass privatizing of govt infrastructure.

It's already been happening, but they have to kick it up to keep the party going. Once they corporatize everything out of our structures which try to make them accountable, they don't have to come to peeps for approval. As long as they can keep things moving on.

Now see there, you just confused me. Privatization is what we want, get it out of the hands of gov't, that works so much better. BUT if I understand you correctly, the game is a partnership tween gov't and private, the PPP, the cronies, and the Public part is just to pay the tab.
I heard something today that made sense. See if this works.
We vote for a bond issue, or expanded airport or whatever it is they set aside money for. The money is acquired, and is invested for whatever time period, then when the project gets funded, the profits from the investment go to the gov't. This is why all that money, unaccounted for, shows up in the CAFR, but not the budget that the public sees, that is forever in the red.
How's that?

Old 08-19-2012, 10:39 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,930,197 times
Quote:
Now see there, you just confused me. Privatization is what we want, get it out of the hands of gov't, that works so much better. BUT if I understand you correctly, the game is a partnership tween gov't and private, the PPP, the cronies, and the Public part is just to pay the tab.
I heard something today that made sense. See if this works.
We vote for a bond issue, or expanded airport or whatever it is they set aside money for. The money is acquired, and is invested for whatever time period, then when the project gets funded, the profits from the investment go to the gov't. This is why all that money, unaccounted for, shows up in the CAFR, but not the budget that the public sees, that is forever in the red.
How's that?
Here is where people get confused. They see a broad line this way or that. If your choice is big gov or big corp. Not much of a choice. I have no problem with companies, but when the govt owns them that is a problem. Yes Big Gov is a giant stick used to beat people over the head. Not what govt is meant to be.

Yes you are referencing the excerpt I posted about the funds. That is why I am always saying it is all about the funds. No matter what it is. They come up with a reason to create a fund with your money, invest it, but don't give the profits to you. Seriously, it is the ultimate scam.

PPP's are what I am referencing. Some things we need to hold public officials accountable for. I am talking about what is happening with AG21 and things like red light cams.

However, when your govt owns "everything" that is a major problem. Yes it is used to transfer wealth and liability to the "public" while privatizing profits.

Yes, I would like to see real small business and a real economy not this giant franken thing we got going.

Did I mention 80% of Global Wealth? (lol) Yes 80%. NM they are self-regulating. Another vote against central control models.

from article I linked above. Take that 20% and add the other 60% they control.
quote:
What's more, although they represented 20 per cent of global operating revenues, the 1318 appeared to collectively own through their shares the majority of the world's large blue chip and manufacturing firms - the "real" economy - representing a further 60 per cent of global revenues.

Last edited by CDusr; 08-19-2012 at 11:58 PM..

Old 08-20-2012, 11:58 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,452,168 times
Quote:

Wow! It seemed like I read for hours last night but only got a fraction of the way through "The Great Revealing" so can't comment yet except to say it is a great read and seems to make sense so far.

Old 08-20-2012, 12:04 PM

Quote:

Yes. Just the Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports that local governments keep is a huge scam let alone the robbery that is probably documented in regional and national reports. I wonder what Ron Paul thinks about those. I don't think I've ever heard him comment on CAFRs.

Did you know that Walter Burien's child was kidnapped (probably as a result of his blowing the whistle and spreading the word about CAFRs)?

Old 08-20-2012, 12:13 PM

Quote:
CDuser, is this true?
It's a very lengthy article that I won't even pretend to understand, or want to, but I bet you do.

And so at any time, the congress can require an unrestricted audit with the simple pushing of a few vote buttons and the signing of a pen, without any obfuscation or problem from or by the Federal Reserve system or its Board – or even the president of the United States. And this includes the so-called Audit the Fed bill that has pulled most of us into its all but worthless verbiage - a bill that would do absolutely nothing to create a new audit of the Federal Reserve, and which does not do one thing to acknowledge or change the reporting structure of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) - the actual ”independently audited” financial statements of the Federal Reserve system available to the public (and to the congress).
The Incontrovertible Conundrum Of Dr. Ron Paul « REALITY BLOG

That portion was found under this statement
That blogger really likes to mince words. I think he's just jealous of Dr. Paul.

Old 08-20-2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen811 View Post
CDusr I doubt the audit will do anything more than cause even more dystopia on the population.
they will become more disgusted with the banksters.

We know what they are doing already for the ones awake. they are very likely funneling money to related parties that are within their club and not really helping anyone else besides themselves.

Like we need an audit for that? We already know we just need proof. The audit will likely provide more proof.
but what congress does with that is another story

MY GUESS? NOTHING!

Congress is totally and utterly useless as is the president and court system they are all bought and paid for right now.

if you saw the news goldman sachs got off free from the subprime mess after they intentionally sold fraudulent subprime mortgages. Where they should be in jail they are out scott free without any penalty.

The system has completely been corrupted now all 3 branches of government.
Jon corzine is still out loose and wants to start trading again and steal more money
Eric holder?

what about Romney he will do exactly the same thing Obama will and let these criminals go.
I dont see the USA getting out of this election alive both will drag us through the pits of hell and beyond and rape us for eternity.

If they do any false flag I propose everyone revolt at this point. IF even judges wont stop this BS we need to do something.

This is what the occupy should be protesting but they dont even know what the heck they want to protest. Because of that they are just fools.
Great observations and conclusions! That last thing I heard in one state, a legislator was able to get the Occupy Wall Street people and the Tea Partiers together to agree to fight together on some key issue(s). It was an Iowa State Rep who got them together to get the city to take down cameras catching cars going through red lights but he said it was the bailouts issue was the first for them to both agree on. Maybe we can corral the grass roots groups together and all agree to insist on the basics like FREEDOM after all.

The first clip tells how this guy got both groups to co to a city council meeting and by all of them being there got the council to back down on the cameras.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UdNAOoCX-M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7iA_i9MWRs

Last edited by emilybh; 08-20-2012 at 12:47 PM..

Old 08-20-2012, 12:34 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,117,461 times
How does a "Ron Paul" thread continue to stay atop the "Elections" forum less than 90 days out from the election and .000001% of the media coverage?

I understand and support many of Paul's personal ideologies, but isn't it time to but this guy out of the picture and focus on the possible?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections