Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2012, 11:04 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,947,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Yes. It is all about brainwashing the sheeple with lies to have them think he doesn't control as many states as he actually does.
I sure hope you aren't referring to ME as a "sheeple". I am a die hard Ron Paul supporter, but there has been so much conflicting information regarding what states Paul supporters have control over, I was asking for some clarification of your comments. Sheesh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2012, 11:10 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
I sure hope you aren't referring to ME as a "sheeple". I am a die hard Ron Paul supporter, but there has been so much conflicting information regarding what states Paul supporters have control over, I was asking for some clarification of your comments. Sheesh!
The states he won are Louisiana, Iowa, Minnesota, Maine and Nevada.
Then Ron Paul went on to win the plurality in Massachusetts, Romney’s home state and half the delegates in Oregon.
Why the GOP Is Scared of Ron Paul and 4 Reasons He Might Still Get the 2012 Republican Nomination :

Old 08-23-2012, 11:30 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
The states he won are Louisiana, Iowa, Minnesota, Maine and Nevada.
Then Ron Paul went on to win the plurality in Massachusetts, Romney’s home state and half the delegates in Oregon.
Why the GOP Is Scared of Ron Paul and 4 Reasons He Might Still Get the 2012 Republican Nomination :
It's a dumb article that makes no points whatsoever. For example it states the "4 reasons" (counting down) Paul could still get the nomination as:

4) Lots of regular "little people", like me, want Ron Paul to be the 2012 GOP presidential candidate. What? And what exactly were the folks who voted for Romney & the other GOP candidates? Were they not "regular people" too? Even taking into account the fact that Paul won 5 states the fact is, 5 states is a MINORITY. What about the MAJORITY? How do you think all those folks who voted for Romney are going to take it if their majority votes are suddenly discounted and instead Paul is selected as the nominee? You think they will just stand by and then suddenly jump on the RP bandwagon when THEIR choice is "dismissed"? Why should YOUR minority be more important than Romney's majority? Who died and made you folks king?

3) Ron Paul is the David to Romney's Goliath Machine but the spirit, character and faith of we "little people" count more in America than just money. Again, what about all the OTHER "little people" who voted for Romney. You folks seem to think that YOUR votes are somehow more important. For folks who claim to preach about the Constitution, you seem more like Monarchists to me.

2) Ron Paul wants to serve his country, and has served in the military, and would end the wars. Ron Paul's supporters and Americans want someone they can trust and believe in. OK? So? How does any of that change the fact that Romney won more of the primaries and got more of the deligate? Again you folks seem to think that YOUR votes are somehow more important that those of all the other people.

1) Mitt Romney is much less qualified to be president than Ron Paul, who understands the Constitution and Bill of Rights. Even assuming that's true - so what? The President isn't chosen based on qualifications - he's based on who is the "people's choice" to lead them

So how do ANY of those "reasons" change ANYTHING? How does any of that make it likely that Paul will be the nominee?

I understand with your frustration and anger with the GOP "muscling you out" and think that anger is legit but that doesn't mean that Paul is any more likely to get the nomination (even if you weren't "muscled out"). It's over.

Ken

Old 08-23-2012, 01:51 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
It's a dumb article that makes no points whatsoever. For example it states the "4 reasons" (counting down) Paul could still get the nomination as:

4) Lots of regular "little people", like me, want Ron Paul to be the 2012 GOP presidential candidate. What? And what exactly were the folks who voted for Romney & the other GOP candidates? Were they not "regular people" too? Even taking into account the fact that Paul won 5 states the fact is, 5 states is a MINORITY. What about the MAJORITY? How do you think all those folks who voted for Romney are going to take it if their majority votes are suddenly discounted and instead Paul is selected as the nominee? You think they will just stand by and then suddenly jump on the RP bandwagon when THEIR choice is "dismissed"? Why should YOUR minority be more important than Romney's majority? Who died and made you folks king?

3) Ron Paul is the David to Romney's Goliath Machine but the spirit, character and faith of we "little people" count more in America than just money. Again, what about all the OTHER "little people" who voted for Romney. You folks seem to think that YOUR votes are somehow more important. For folks who claim to preach about the Constitution, you seem more like Monarchists to me.

2) Ron Paul wants to serve his country, and has served in the military, and would end the wars. Ron Paul's supporters and Americans want someone they can trust and believe in. OK? So? How does any of that change the fact that Romney won more of the primaries and got more of the deligate? Again you folks seem to think that YOUR votes are somehow more important that those of all the other people.

1) Mitt Romney is much less qualified to be president than Ron Paul, who understands the Constitution and Bill of Rights. Even assuming that's true - so what? The President isn't chosen based on qualifications - he's based on who is the "people's choice" to lead them

So how do ANY of those "reasons" change ANYTHING? How does any of that make it likely that Paul will be the nominee?

I understand with your frustration and anger with the GOP "muscling you out" and think that anger is legit but that doesn't mean that Paul is any more likely to get the nomination (even if you weren't "muscled out"). It's over.

Ken
No, it isn't over. Our votes count too. Don't discount us yet. Right now, Ron Paul has earned the right to speak at the convention, let's see what happens. If enough people become aware of the games that are being played during this election, along with the corruption of both sides, perhaps this can be the beginning of some positive changes.

Old 08-24-2012, 08:15 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,457,116 times
Does the RNC have an ounce of credibility left? It can't even figure out which fraudulent method it wants to use to screw all the candidates other than Romney out of their delegates. It is getting more and more embarrassing to be associated with the Republican Party. As Ben Swann says, "why have rules if you don't follow them"? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT2F3aT2xLU

Old 08-24-2012, 08:22 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
RON Paul is a nice man- He is aging and better hurry up...it would be nice for this calm and honest guy with a simple approach - who would gently put the house in order without bringing any trauma to the American family. I have heard him speak on a few occasions. He is not extreme and is a moderate centralist who is not afraid to call a criminal a crook...but in a nice way of course...I did not know he was still in the race...Tell him to continue and the others will fade away...He is like the proverbial turtle who wins the race- God speed old man.

Old 08-24-2012, 08:42 PM

Listen to this about "compromise" and the RNC. The good part begins about the 10 min mark.
Should Ron Paul Supporters Compromise With The RNC? No Freaking Way - YouTube

Old 08-24-2012, 09:28 PM

Predictions about the RNC (Similarities between Ghandi and Ron Paul)

Ron Paul compared to Ghandi - Predictions for Republican Paul at the RNC-SuccessCouncil.com ep#7 - YouTube

Old 08-25-2012, 04:00 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,932,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
I think you took something personal that was intended so. Maybe take the chip off. That comment doesn't seemed aimed at you to me.

Old 08-25-2012, 04:16 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,932,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post

Ken
It isn't over til it's over. Unfortunately, Romney and camp have shown no integrity and have stolen what they shouldn't have. The list of "crimes" is long. As to majority of delegates that is a separate issue. However, you slice it. Romney has no integrity, neither does many of the GOP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections