Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2012, 03:56 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,057,151 times

Advertisements

As a RP supporter, I wondered why the media isn't mentioning him. Liberal media bias obviously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 04:06 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,931,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I don't know what to think of this. I'll post it, because it is something to consider since it comes from Eustace, who was nothing short of brilliant. This is his last interview before he died, he had already had several heart attacks, due to the stress that Virginia put upon him. That story is in Rense and very interesting.

Eustace Mullins' on FED, Ron Paul, Rockefeller & G. Edward Griffin - YouTube
Particular directions I believe are overly simplified, and do not reflect a more "fleshed out" view of reality. I would be a bit reserved in taking such views or information and attempting to invest in them. Researching and reading is one thing, but forming conclusions can be a problem, especially based on limited information. Particularly, information skewed with speculation.

Old 08-14-2012, 04:29 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
CH,
I don't think the majority of peeps that would vote for romney or ryan really are concerned with those sort of issues.
What then are they concerned with? If they're not concerned with the actual issues facing America what do they concern themselves with? Beating Obama I'm sure is what they really care about, but if the replacement for Obama is just as bad what's the point? Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan are AIPAC shrills who support big government measures and the erosion of our Constitutional freedoms.

Old 08-14-2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
What then are they concerned with? If they're not concerned with the actual issues facing America what do they concern themselves with? Beating Obama I'm sure is what they really care about, but if the replacement for Obama is just as bad what's the point? Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan are AIPAC shrills who support big government measures and the erosion of our Constitutional freedoms.
That is a good question. I can only speak to general observations by people supporting Romney/Ryan. I don't see many discussions about individual freedoms, sound monetary policy, non-intrusive foreign policy, govt transparency etc...

The topics I see discussed I find mostly trivial and ineffectual.

But corporate packaging of Big Govt is everywhere. Many seem to be just fine with it.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:22 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,457,116 times
The Minister of Truth says Ron Paul hasn't changed and still has a chance to be nominated and wants to remind us Ron Paul has not changed and is not going to change and T.M.O.T. feels sorry for the fair weather Ron Paul supporters who have jumped on to the Gary Johnson ship.

He urges that all the delegates SHOW UP and BE COUNTED and not go quietly into the night. If we want our freedom back we CAN'T QUIT!!!!

Ron Paul: Loss of Faith, Hope and Integrity? - YouTube

Old 08-15-2012, 01:59 PM

"Tampa Bay On-line" site owned by the Tampa Bay Tribune in reporting about RNC plans says that

"Romney's greatest fear could be a movement to nominate Paul from the floor of the convention, which could happen if five state delegations line up behind him."

Like everything at RNC, who speaks is a matter of politics | TBO.com

Old 08-15-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
"Tampa Bay On-line" site owned by the Tampa Bay Tribune in reporting about RNC plans says that

"Romney's greatest fear could be a movement to nominate Paul from the floor of the convention, which could happen if five state delegations line up behind him."

Like everything at RNC, who speaks is a matter of politics | TBO.com
I wouldn't put anything past Romney's group. This whole campaign they have left quite the trail. Don't doubt that they aren't covering many different angles.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
That is a good question. I can only speak to general observations by people supporting Romney/Ryan. I don't see many discussions about individual freedoms, sound monetary policy, non-intrusive foreign policy, govt transparency etc...

The topics I see discussed I find mostly trivial and ineffectual.

But corporate packaging of Big Govt is everywhere. Many seem to be just fine with it.
Most "conservative" commentators seem thrilled with Ryan because his budget spends a few billion less a year than Obama. The faux hysteria coming from the left is really too much. Paul Ryan isn't even proposing to cut spending he's proposing to slow the growth of spending! He doesn't want to cut current spending he just trims a bit off of projected increases in spending and then uses these "savings" to double down the MIC. His budget his hocus pocus. He doesn't even propose to balance the budget until 30 years into the future meaning further deficit spending for the next THREE decades. And this is what passes as "bold" in DC these days? This is a crying shame. This is a smokescreen being paraded as a "serious adult discussion of the issues." This country is truly beyond saving.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't put anything past Romney's group. This whole campaign they have left quite the trail. Don't doubt that they aren't covering many different angles.
Mittens has lied, cheated, and stole his way to "presumptive" nominee status.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Mittens has lied, cheated, and stole his way to "presumptive" nominee status.
That is an understatement. I hope the delegates that were chosen show up and all do what they are supposed to do and DON'T PUT UP WITH ANY MORE CHEATING!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections