Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2012, 01:00 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,454,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
so what you are saying is: he would be a detator, is that it? My oh my, I am sure the majority of Americans will rush right out and vote for him.....
What are you talking about?

He's said he'd use the executive order that way numerous times in his speeches. It is part of his message that is popular with people. Thousands of people cheer when he brings it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 02:57 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,992 times
This thread is just as funny after almost 1800 posts as it was when the first post went up...

Old 05-08-2012, 02:59 PM

Another interesting fact is that Politico is reading and quoting The Nevada GOP's Ron Paul culture clash - POLITICO.com from the DAILYPAUL.COM.

I bet it is finally occurring to the MSM that the fact that their readership;viewership listenership is down is because the audience KNOWS it is all a bunch of LIES and that people are getting their news from alternative sources.

Give it another month or two and maybe they'll begin reading the "Elections" board on City-Data and our threads and posts.

Old 05-08-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
This thread is just as funny after almost 1800 posts as it was when the first post went up...
Glad you find it entertaining. The truth doesn 't always have to be boring.

Old 05-08-2012, 04:08 PM

1,652 posts, read 2,549,273 times
Wait....I thought Executive Orders were Dictator-like, Constitution Burning, Terrible, Awful, very bad things?!?!?

Or is that only when "the other guy" does it?

Old 05-08-2012, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
Wait....I thought Executive Orders were Dictator-like, Constitution Burning, Terrible, Awful, very bad things?!?!?

Or is that only when "the other guy" does it?
Come on. You are kidding right? It depends on whether or not the order falls within the parameters of what is allowed in the Constitution. When the order is to do something not within those parameters it is most likely bad as it has been if you look at ones used by Bush and Obama and completely unconstitutional and should be repealed ASAP.

For example, you don't use an executive order to start an initiative where you end up killing innocent civilians in Libya . Only Congress should decide which wars will commence and which don't. A trigger happy war mongering president like Obama has no business using it this way. Yet he does it anyway.

NATO raids kill 85 civilians in Libya « Did You Know

http://endoftheamericandream.com/arc...o-invade-libya

Now using the executive order to REPEAL the Patriot Act which I think was one of Obama's promises would be a GOOD thing. So would using one to repeal the NDAA .

Rest assured, Ron Paul would NOT use the executive order for anything that would put us in jeopardy as both Obama and Bush have done.

Old 05-08-2012, 04:39 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Another interesting fact is that Politico is reading and quoting The Nevada GOP's Ron Paul culture clash - POLITICO.com from the DAILYPAUL.COM.

I bet it is finally occurring to the MSM that the fact that their readership;viewership listenership is down is because the audience KNOWS it is all a bunch of LIES and that people are getting their news from alternative sources.

Give it another month or two and maybe they'll begin reading the "Elections" board on City-Data and our threads and posts.
I read the article and the many comments that followed it. I don't know how many of the commenters were Nevadans, but the Paulistas swamped those who were Romney supporters.

While I'm not at all sure that the Nevada GOP reflects what is going on in the party nationwide, I was impressed at the clarity of beliefs I found in most of the Paul supporter's comments. It was apparent to me that the Romney supporters were concentrated on Nobama and little else, but the Paul supporters were taking a much longer view. One asked: "What is better? 4 more years of Obama or 8 years of Romney?"
That is a view that is completely different from the way the RNC and the mainstream Republicans see things.

More importantly, I saw the Paul supporters espousing very similar thoughts to liberals on the Family Values issues. The Nevada Paulistas seem to share the same thoughts on marijuana, birth control & abortion, equal rights for all, and many other things a lot of liberals believe.

I was impressed. If Nevada is a true reflection of what's going on in the party nation-wide, I think I am seeing the beginnings of a Republican party overhaul that actually may succeed. I'm still not convinced Paul supporters will be able to bring Romney down in the convention, but if their efforts continue and refine after this election, even if Paul himself has left the national scene as a politician, we may see a much different party in 2016.

But I'm also not sure if the Paulistas may be content if they do eventually succeed. Revolutions have a way of turning on those who are the first and most fervent revolutionaries.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:06 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Glad you find it entertaining. The truth doesn 't always have to be boring.
Starting with the title, the "truth" has been seriously lacking in this thread....

The delusions have been mildly entertaining....

Old 05-09-2012, 12:25 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Starting with the title, the "truth" has been seriously lacking in this thread....

The delusions have been mildly entertaining....
Let them have their delusions, in three months their entire world will come crashing down around them when Paul is informed that he is once again a LOSER. I doubt many of them will even be back after such a let down, heck half of them never leave this section of the site, their world revolves around an old man that most Americans consider a crackpot, kinda sad when you really think about it. So be nice, they have hard times ahead.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:33 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Let them have their delusions, in three months their entire world will come crashing down around them when Paul is informed that he is once again a LOSER. I doubt many of them will even be back after such a let down, heck half of them never leave this section of the site, their world revolves around an old man that most Americans consider a crackpot, kinda sad when you really think about it. So be nice, they have hard times ahead.

1800 post and I know somewhere in this thread I saw twice that you were not going to waste your time posting to the thread anymore because it was useless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections