Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2012, 02:23 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,452,168 times

Advertisements

You know I think the Maine Convention is still going on. DailyPaul still has the live streaming up and I just tuned in and there is a chat going on that has been watching it and are giving the blow by blow accounting of what is taking place. Someone said most of the Romneyites are gone.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/octojofo

Delegate nominees seem to be speaking.

I guess it turns out according to posts on DailyPaul from people there that they were voting for Committee Man and Committee Woman both of whom went to Ron Paul people. These might have been the ones who will be in the Electoral college according to another comment.

Last edited by emilybh; 05-06-2012 at 03:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2012, 07:02 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,560,769 times
infowars is reporting Ron Paul took Maine!!!

The result in Maine underscores the power of the Paul campaign. Paul supporters have also taken control of the party in Iowa and made huge gains in Nevada. Both states are critical swing states. Nevada has the fourth largest Mormon population in the country. Mitt Romney is a Mormon.
Continued support for Paul will undoubtedly spell trouble for Romney and Republicans in November.
» Paul Wins Nevada and Maine Despite Sabotage Effort by Republicans Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

I'm goin to dance a little ***!!!
what is wrong with j i g ? it's a dance for gosh sakes

Old 05-07-2012, 06:57 AM

Ron Paul Could Still Win Enough Delegates To Deny Mitt Romney The Republican Nomination

This is how Paul will win the nomination....

Old 05-07-2012, 07:00 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,842,798 times
Breaking news: Ron Paul wins Iowa! (Yes, Iowa)

Breaking news: Ron Paul wins Iowa! (Yes, Iowa) | Texas on the Potomac | a Chron.com blog

Old 05-07-2012, 07:04 AM

MSM reporting on the Nevada win:

Ron Paul takes bulk of Nevada delegates - My News 4 - KRNV, Reno, NV

This report says they played by the rules but those counting delegates had to pull an all-nighter. The reporter obviously doesn't know about rule 38.

Results of Nevada's Republican Convention - My News 4 - KRNV, Reno, NV

Old 05-07-2012, 07:16 AM

MSM reports of the wins and video of Ron and Rand in Austin this weekend at Tea Party rally.

Ron Paul 5-6-12 Fox7 Austin Local News - YouTube

Ron Paul Austin 5-6-12 YNN News Coverage - YouTube

Old 05-07-2012, 07:18 AM

A GREATCartoon by a Daily Paul user of RP shining light on the corruption at the Federal Reserve

http://www.testosteronepit.com/stora...=1336170974712

Old 05-07-2012, 07:27 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,842,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
MSM reporting on the Nevada win:

Ron Paul takes bulk of Nevada delegates - My News 4 - KRNV, Reno, NV

This report says they played by the rules but those counting delegates had to pull an all-nighter. The reporter obviously doesn't know about rule 38.

Results of Nevada's Republican Convention - My News 4 - KRNV, Reno, NV
This is some information that I received regarding Rule 38. Any comments?
Quote:
Ok, I need to clarify this. Rule 38 does not apply to the situation in NV.

The Unit rule is like "Winner take all," the winner gets all the votes.

It does not override the state plans put in place under rule 15B. In fact, the
state plan under 15B that was winner take all.... was changed. All the primaries are proportional. All the states are proportional.... unless they had a NON BINDING PPP and caucus (like MO) or a blind primary (PA).

According to NV's state plan, the delegate assignments go based on the results of the vote in late January (just after Florida?). Mitt Romney received a huge portion, that is why he has most of the delegates.

Therefore Rule 38 does not apply.

Now, here is the question we SHOULD be asking...

IF there was no voter fraud, then how is it that delegates for Romney have not materialized? I mean, if he HONESTLY won the state, then how is it he is having a tough time getting delegates elected? HUM??? How is it that a guy who was a distant second is getting his peeps voted in? Did Romney win the election honestly? Was there some kind of chicanery?

Old 05-07-2012, 07:37 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,929,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
A GREATCartoon by a Daily Paul user of RP shining light on the corruption at the Federal Reserve

http://www.testosteronepit.com/stora...=1336170974712
He's getting help.
(LOL)

Old 05-07-2012, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
This is some information that I received regarding Rule 38. Any comments?
This was a PRE Nevada convention interview with the head of the GOP and the head of the Ron Paul campaign in Nevada. I'd love to see a POST convention interview.

FACE TO FACE - Ron Paul Campaign Manager Carl Bunce - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections