Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2011, 10:49 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Hey, I love me some Monday Night Football, sex, and cold beer! All at once is great if you have spouse that likes all 3! But seriously, you're right! We see exactly what you're talking about right here on CD... Instead of doing their own research, and formulate their own opinions they buy into the spin from the bought and paid for media and continue to endorse a candidate simply because they have a letter in front of their name. I mean seriously, does anyone in their right mind honestly think that someone such as Ron Paul who is anti-establishment, and wants to return to following the values of the Constitution is going to get exposure on any of the major news outlets that are bought and paid for? DUH!!!! But hey if CNN, MSNBC, or FOX NEWS says it, then it must be right!

Great post!
Don't get me wrong I like a good game now and again, and knocking back cold ones with friends now and then and of course sex is a no brainer!

Its just that there are more important things going on ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 10:53 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Ron Paul is just your typical disestablishmentarianist.

MTV's Aimee Allen, Ron Paul Anthem Music Video MUST SEE!! - YouTube
All of the other candidates are antidisestablishmentarianists.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:11 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,459,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
It's truly astounding how people can delude themselves. After running for president numerous times, Ron Paul is polling with 8 percent of the votes.

Yes, that's number three but one would think that if Paul has such popular appeal, he'd be in the lead by now, as everyone has heard his rap. $10 on Ron Paul to show.
He has way more than 8% . They just aren't telling people that. So far Romney has his 23% and Cain has about 20%, Perry has about 12% and together all the lower tier candidates combined have about 5%. That is a total of 60% and Ron Paul probably has the other 40%.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Exactly. He isn't a front runner, and the majority of the media attention goes to the front runners.

It isn't because of some conspiracy to keep him down, it is because he isn't of interest to the majority of voters who tune in to coverage on the election.
I disagree. It is all brainwashing. I have to believe that more people want FREEDOM and PEACE and Ron Paul is the only once who talks about it and who is most likely to deliver on it.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:55 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
He has way more than 8% . They just aren't telling people that. So far Romney has his 23% and Cain has about 20%, Perry has about 12% and together all the lower tier candidates combined have about 5%. That is a total of 60% and Ron Paul probably has the other 40%.
Yeah, the Men in Black must be hiding the 'truth' from us. Nevertheless, the latest Zogby Poll has him at 8% and the NBC/Marist Polls, released today, has R. Paul at 6%. I can't see how he can lose with strength like that.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:14 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,339,494 times
Quote:

Old 10-19-2011, 06:48 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
Quote:
Yeah, the Men in Black must be hiding the 'truth' from us. Nevertheless, the latest Zogby Poll has him at 8% and the NBC/Marist Polls, released today, has R. Paul at 6%. I can't see how he can lose with strength like that.
a poll isn't a vote.

i think i will wait until the actual votes have been cast.

a quote applicable for ron paul-

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction-
Albert Einstein

Old 10-19-2011, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
a poll isn't a vote.

i think i will wait until the actual votes have been cast.
Hahaha. Tell me the last time someone polling 6% one the election. You have honed the art of denial into a science.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
It wouldn't be the first time they tried to sweep him under the carpet. Now it is getting more difficult with him out there winning most of the straw polls and schooling the other candidates at the debates. He wins all of the debate polls by a long shot. How could he be ahead in all of those areas yet only have 6% in the polls (unless they are polling people who barely even know who the candidates are and don't even watch the debates which is probably what they are doing)?

Old 10-19-2011, 07:22 PM

Quote:
It wouldn't be the first time they tried to sweep him under the carpet. Now it is getting more difficult with him out there winning most of the straw polls and schooling the other candidates at the debates. He wins all of the debate polls by a long shot. How could he be ahead in all of those areas yet only have 6% in the polls (unless they are polling people who barely even know who the candidates are and don't even watch the debates which is probably what they are doing)?
These polls are not of the general public but of Republicans only. So, R.P. is polling 6-8% among Republicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections