Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2011, 10:20 AM

49 posts, read 42,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
So, if we don't support Paul, we are apathetic. You Paul supporters sound just like the Obama supporters of 2008...

Paul doesn't have a chance for a variety of reasons that have been made clear by a variety of posters on a variety of threads. It's not because "Ray said so," it's because he's unelectable, and all the "I think he can" Paul threads on c-d are not going to change that fact.
umm no. reread my post. I said for myself and many others, its Paul or apathy. Because the other candidates are no different to Obama/status quo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2011, 12:01 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyeats View Post
I think for the "Good" of ALL America....
Ron Paul should step aside for Herman Cain.

Only Herman Cain is ABLE to beat Obama... fact.
Ron Paul won't stand even a chance... only will cause more "separation" through the race card game Obama is playing.

Herman Cain can and will "UNITE" the American as one...
(making USA a stronger nation than they are now through unity).
While Obama (obviously through playing his race cards) will cause more separation of the Americans (think Mob), might even led to more discord not harmony in doing that.
Should Ron Paul run against that, it will just divide US citizens more
(weakening the nation further).

Democrats like Ron Paul or Perry... but does not like Herman Cain.
He is the "REAL" threat to their chance of winning the next elections.
I disagree. Cain is like Obama was, a hopey changy candidate that says trust me. "when I get in office, I'll consult my experts, and make the best decision - I'm a problem solver". No, we cannot base another candidacy on faith.
RON PAUL 2012

Old 10-21-2011, 08:12 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,460,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I disagree. Cain is like Obama was, a hopey changy candidate that says trust me. "when I get in office, I'll consult my experts, and make the best decision - I'm a problem solver". No, we cannot base another candidacy on faith.
RON PAUL 2012
Not only that but it turns out that Cains 9-9-9 plan is really more like 9-9-9-9 if not five 9s! It is just more highway robbery of the middle and lower class.

Old 10-21-2011, 08:16 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Just heard today that Cain is pro-choice! No wonder the liberals want us to pick him.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:26 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,769,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
No Q.G. Our Military now has all of its teeth extracted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just look at the LAME in fact ZERO with a Capital "Z" response there was after 9/11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How do you explain that? Was that a GOOD thing??? There was ZERO MILITARY RESPONSE!

Tell me this: What in the word makes people in this country feel one iota safer after watching on TV, what we saw on 9/ll for hours with NO MILITARY counter response? The only possible explanation if you think we do in fact have a supreme military was that there was a "stand down" order.

People need to WAKE UP and realize that their tax dollars are being spend to protect and enrich other countries by our military when FIRST AND FOREMOST, THEY SHOULD BE HERE PROTECTING US!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What in the H--- were they doing on 9/11? it was as if they called a holiday and the entire military was OFF DUTY. If that is their idea of DEFENDING US ON OUR SOIL then we are up a creek without a paddle!
Dear,

The military takes orders from the elected civilians. You want answers for what happened on 9-11 ask Bush/Cheney. THEY were in charge that day.

Old 10-22-2011, 04:26 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
No I don't understand. You were very absolute in your assessment of my decision making and candidate choices. Your original statement:
You can't back up your knee jerk statements and so resort to more ignorant assumptions.

You need to stop before you really embarrass yourself...
I'm still waiting for your answer on the successful policies. Bailouts, recovery package?? didn't work.
Your candidate hasn't come up with any and you're embarrassed so you deflect and don't answer. Understood.

The only candidate who saw the housing bubble that destroyed our economy from day one and told us the reasons why was Ron Paul. The only candidate who voted to not go into Iraq and gave us the reasons why. He also told us to expect an attack before it happened based on our foreign policy. Those very same reasons were cited by the head of the CIAs Osama Bin Laden unit Michael Scheuer.

So where does that leave the one you supported?
You need to stop before you really embarrass yourself further...

Old 10-22-2011, 04:29 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
I think you missed the boat about what I was saying and meant. Oh well!
I didn't miss the boat at all.
Ron Paul has often said "a person who disagrees with you 30 percent of the time is not your enemy". I agree.
He is very consistent in his application of freedom and liberty in his policies.

Old 10-22-2011, 07:04 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times
Plan 9 From Outer Space:

Old 10-22-2011, 07:40 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,340,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I'm still waiting for your answer on the successful policies. Bailouts, recovery package?? didn't work.
Your candidate hasn't come up with any and you're embarrassed so you deflect and don't answer. Understood.

The only candidate who saw the housing bubble that destroyed our economy from day one and told us the reasons why was Ron Paul. The only candidate who voted to not go into Iraq and gave us the reasons why. He also told us to expect an attack before it happened based on our foreign policy. Those very same reasons were cited by the head of the CIAs Osama Bin Laden unit Michael Scheuer.

So where does that leave the one you supported?
You need to stop before you really embarrass yourself further...
Where have I ever proclaimed to support a candidate? Your turn: name "the one I supported."

Old 10-22-2011, 10:14 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry
We know that's the right-wing's talking point. It's just a false narrative.

Anyone that thinks the auto bailouts were a failure is hopelessly partisan. Those bailouts (initially instituted by Bush) saved the U.S. auto industry, millions of jobs and lots of government unemployment benefits.

The recovery stimulus package, such as it was to undo a 6% drop in a $14 trillion economy, consisted of $300 billion in tax-cuts and $500 billion in spending -- spread over two years. Interestingly, if you say "it didn't work," you are defying the mainstay of right-wing thinking, that tax-cuts always help the economy. You can't have it both ways. Either the stimulus worked or tax-cuts don't work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections