Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2011, 06:27 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
This performance will really help him. Notice how at the end so many of the other candidates rushed over to shake HIS hand.
It's truly astounding how people can delude themselves. After running for president numerous times, Ron Paul is polling with 8 percent of the votes.

Yes, that's number three but one would think that if Paul has such popular appeal, he'd be in the lead by now, as everyone has heard his rap. $10 on Ron Paul to show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 06:51 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,201,832 times
Exactly. He isn't a front runner, and the majority of the media attention goes to the front runners.

It isn't because of some conspiracy to keep him down, it is because he isn't of interest to the majority of voters who tune in to coverage on the election.

Old 10-19-2011, 08:49 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,201,832 times
As another example look at Bachman. She had some surprising early poll numbers that put her ahead of Romney, so the media focused coverage on her. Now that she no longer appears to be a front runner she doesn't get much attention. If Cain says enough stupid things to lose his luster and drop back into the also-rans you'll notice media attention on him quickly waning.

I did see an article in the front section of Wall Street Journal on Ron Paul yesterday though, mainly concerning his plans for spending cuts to reduce a trillion.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:28 AM

529 posts, read 364,014 times
It is a conspiracy when he doesn't get any media attention. How anyone can vote for any of the stooges running for president is beyond me. There is no difference between the other republican candidates and obama so doesn't really matter to me who is in office obama or one of the other stooges. Paul on the other hand is 100% different.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:45 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddBall84 View Post
It is a conspiracy when he doesn't get any media attention. How anyone can vote for any of the stooges running for president is beyond me. There is no difference between the other republican candidates and obama so doesn't really matter to me who is in office obama or one of the other stooges. Paul on the other hand is 100% different.
It's no more a conspiracy then when in 2008 the less known Democratic candidates didn't get any media attention. That's corporate media that makes money on viewership.

What do you mean, "There is no difference between the other republican candidates and Obama?" Obama thinks that corporations aren't people. Rick Perry, if elected, would execute a corporation just to prove that they are people.

Old 10-19-2011, 10:11 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,568,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
This performance will really help him. Notice how at the end so many of the other candidates rushed over to shake HIS hand.

Ron Paul GOP CNN Nevada Debate Responses - YouTube
That was great. I have the impression Mitt really likes Ron Paul.
I am getting so sick of Herman, he's a poser. Hope he goes away soon.

Old 10-19-2011, 10:28 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,763,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddBall84 View Post
The reason why people vote for banker shills and special interest stooges is because some ignorantly believe that they are insiders themselves when in fact they are really just traiterous swine who in the end will be cast off and thrown away along with the rest of us after these criminals are done using them to steal the countries wealth and destroy our nation, like almost everyone in the media for example, and the leaders of both parties ...

still other are simply so brainwashed by social issues and by the media that they are unable to think properly for themselves and can do only what they are told and tow the party line.

Then there are the masses who are simply uneducated and ignorant, and all they care about is Monday night football sex and cold beer, and they could care less who wins as long as they ratain some symbolance of creature comfort.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 10-19-2011 at 10:38 AM..

Old 10-19-2011, 10:33 AM

529 posts, read 364,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
It's no more a conspiracy then when in 2008 the less known Democratic candidates didn't get any media attention. That's corporate media that makes money on viewership.

What do you mean, "There is no difference between the other republican candidates and Obama?" Obama thinks that corporations aren't people. Rick Perry, if elected, would execute a corporation just to prove that they are people.

LMAO that was funny...not making fun of you it was just hilarious that you said that. You are probably correct though on that point.

Old 10-19-2011, 10:40 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
The reason why people vote for banker shills and special interest stooges is because some ignorantly believe that they are insiders themselves when in fact they are really just traiterous swine who in the end will be cast off and thrown away along with the rest of us after these criminals are done using them to steal the countries wealth and destroy our nation, like almost everyone in the media for example, and the leaders of both parties ...

still more other are simply so brainwashed by social issues and by the media that they are unable to think properly for themselves and can do only what they are told and tow the party line.

Then there are the masses who are simply uneducated and ignorant, and all they care about is Monday night football sex and cold beer, and they could care less ho wins as long as they ratain some symbolance of creature comfort.

Hey, I love me some Monday Night Football, sex, and cold beer! All at once is great if you have spouse that likes all 3! But seriously, you're right! We see exactly what you're talking about right here on CD... Instead of doing their own research, and formulate their own opinions they buy into the spin from the bought and paid for media and continue to endorse a candidate simply because they have a letter in front of their name. I mean seriously, does anyone in their right mind honestly think that someone such as Ron Paul who is anti-establishment, and wants to return to following the values of the Constitution is going to get exposure on any of the major news outlets that are bought and paid for? DUH!!!! But hey if CNN, MSNBC, or FOX NEWS says it, then it must be right!

Great post!

Old 10-19-2011, 10:46 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,326,750 times
Ron Paul is just your typical disestablishmentarianist.

MTV's Aimee Allen, Ron Paul Anthem Music Video MUST SEE!! - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections